Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

False timeslips - exciting times in the other forum!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 01:42 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Cheers again Scott. I really hope we can each express more confidence and get through natural ups and downs of a public forum LOL. Admittedly that was my problem where you and I first butted heads. I was the underdog, in the teething process of taking on big projects and I forgot about confidence. I got sensitive. So after apologizing and moving on and achieving I've learned from it. Where a smile and keep pushing because it will show. No time for drama just the way I like it although once in a while…

NEVER would I or did I say "Buy this, then you can do what this guy did". I just give everyone the benefit of the doubt and congratulate them regardless of which team they are with or on. In fact and again call me out if I'm wrong...Every single person that goes through By Design talks with me personally. I don't sell things because of other people's actions. I actually give individual guarantees and suit my services to each and every single person's requirements from me. That will never change as long as I'm in charge.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 11-17-2016, 02:48 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Cheers again Scott. I really hope we can each express more confidence and get through natural ups and downs of a public forum LOL. Admittedly that was my problem where you and I first butted heads. I was the underdog, in the teething process of taking on big projects and I forgot about confidence. I got sensitive. So after apologizing and moving on and achieving I've learned from it. Where a smile and keep pushing because it will show. No time for drama just the way I like it although once in a whileÂ…

NEVER would I or did I say "Buy this, then you can do what this guy did". I just give everyone the benefit of the doubt and congratulate them regardless of which team they are with or on. In fact and again call me out if I'm wrong...Every single person that goes through By Design talks with me personally. I don't sell things because of other people's actions. I actually give individual guarantees and suit my services to each and every single person's requirements from me. That will never change as long as I'm in charge.
You have many happy clients and you have worked hard to earn them. They swear by you. Cheers.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Randy, I hope you understand that this claim he fabricated was not so insane that I would be crazy to beleive it. These are amazing cars. It was a stretch but it's possible. More crazy to me would be thinking a grown man would put so much effort into doing this. Sincerely!
I get it. I was really more trying to make the point that you have to always remember that forums are not always 100% reliable. Words on the internet are cheap.

I'm sure this won't actually hurt your business in the long term, and I hope it doesn't. I'm a track guy, so I'm not super invested in any of this anyway. Good luck to you.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:16 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Randy and you are right. I am confident it won't effect me in a negative way and I always try to find the positive to nurture out of anything. I am just sensitive and care to make sure all is as good as I can try to make it.

I am a road-course guy at heart! From my M3's to NSX to Vipers and now of course the best machines built The 1/4 and 1/2 mile stuff brings out the high school memories and is a whole new type of fun. Mainly it's a great measuring stick and change for fum competition. When people are honest that is!

Anyhow if you would ever like to tall track give me a buzz!
Old 11-17-2016, 04:09 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Thanks Randy and you are right. I am confident it won't effect me in a negative way and I always try to find the positive to nurture out of anything. I am just sensitive and care to make sure all is as good as I can try to make it.

I am a road-course guy at heart! From my M3's to NSX to Vipers and now of course the best machines built The 1/4 and 1/2 mile stuff brings out the high school memories and is a whole new type of fun. Mainly it's a great measuring stick and change for fum competition. When people are honest that is!

Anyhow if you would ever like to tall track give me a buzz!
It won't affect your business. You have tons of very happy customers.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:36 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg1871
It won't affect your business. You have tons of very happy customers.
Couldn't agree with you more Scott. I speak very highly of Sam, who I have never met, but will some day. I don't offen talk so highly about people I don't know, but Sam has proven himself to me wth the quality of products that he sells and the 24-7 customer service he provides.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:57 AM
turbo8765
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg1871
One thing I learned from my time at T2K which has tons of American muscle is that many owners of American muscle who compete in these events use nitrous. With nitrous and drag radials it's probably possible in the CTS.
A CTS can easily run 10.5 w/o nitrous. I've personally raced a 9 sec CTS.

Here's one in the 8's...

http://www.revvolution.com/blog/2014...d-quarter-mile

The "other forum" needs a healthy dose of skepticism. Maybe this event will bring that about.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:33 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by turbo8765
A CTS can easily run 10.5 w/o nitrous. I've personally raced a 9 sec CTS.

Here's one in the 8's...

http://www.revvolution.com/blog/2014...d-quarter-mile

The "other forum" needs a healthy dose of skepticism. Maybe this event will bring that about.
I'm always skeptical if a time slip looks wonky or if a result on a certain set of mods is dramatically faster than lots of prior results on the same set of mods. I'm always rooting for people to drive our cars to make them faster and faster and faster.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:34 PM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
I personally think the tuner was happy to see this guy posting insane results because they drove sales to unwitting people who thought they could get similar results. As you yourself noticed - the times defied the laws of physics. If you know that, then surely a tuner whose business is to know this sort of thing, would also know that. And the tuner posted the slip for the guy on one of the threads. Most of his posts afterwards were to downplay the event rather than to apologize for the misleading information that E-gear had been spreading. I don't think the tuner is to blame, but I do think he should have been leading the skeptics rather than relishing the results.
Stealth, you do not tune, in fact you are anti-tune as I remember from M5 land and so really do not have dog in this fight. If we are talking leather cleaners or polishers or whatever garage queens need for their cars and oh yeah, speeders, you are the man. However, when it comes to making a car faster, you really just should not speak, to be fair, OK?

The results do not particularly deny the laws of physics. I posted the AP log he sent me and it's clear that it is 10.3 or less on the street. I find it interesting that everyone sucked up his success and congratulated him and yet when I did something before anyone else did, i.e. hit a 135 trap, I got crapped on. Why? Because I wasn't using the favored solution. You weren't there then, you are a newbie to this world so I think for you to make claims about the laws of physics when you probably don't even know what the main ones are is just hot air.

OBTW, I have spent at least $10k with Sam and no complaints with him or Cobb.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:58 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by wrs
Stealth, you do not tune, in fact you are anti-tune
Not true. I find it disappointing that you post nice pictures of yourself and pretend to be a good guy, and then you post this lie about me.

Here is a link to a former car of mine that I did tune. If you search my posts about that car you will find I loved the tune. I am all for a quality tune from a quality vendor like Dinan who puts a warranty behind it. I also believe some of the tunes for the 911 are good products.

The only reason I didn't tune my M5 is because gains were of little value to me given the traction limitations of a rear wheel drive car.

I probably will tune my 911 but at this point the novelty of how fast it is has not worn off for me.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736294

Last edited by stealthpilot; 11-19-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:35 AM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not true. I find it disappointing that you post nice pictures of yourself and pretend to be a good guy, and then you post this lie about me.

Here is a link to a former car of mine that I did tune. If you search my posts about that car you will find I loved the tune. I am all for a quality tune from a quality vendor like Dinan who puts a warranty behind it. I also believe some of the tunes for the 911 are good products.

The only reason I didn't tune my M5 is because gains were of little value to me given the traction limitations of a rear wheel drive car.

I probably will tune my 911 but at this point the novelty of how fast it is has not worn off for me.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736294
OK, Sorry about the post. I think I am a good guy. I think Cobb has a good product and GIAC does too but the added benefit, IMO, of Cobb is the logging and switching maps on the fly. You have offered good advice on a lot of topics. Please accept my apology. I am annoyed that everyone is dumping on Carlos. Maybe he deserves it but I don't think so and I have talked to him a lot.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:11 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wrs
OK, Sorry about the post. I think I am a good guy. I think Cobb has a good product and GIAC does too but the added benefit, IMO, of Cobb is the logging and switching maps on the fly. You have offered good advice on a lot of topics. Please accept my apology. I am annoyed that everyone is dumping on Carlos. Maybe he deserves it but I don't think so and I have talked to him a lot.
Forging timeslips is an unforgivable offense om a car forum. He deserves all the crap that's been thrown at him. You don't mislead and lie to your fellow board members. To defend him is to defend the indefensible.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I think that tuner should be ashamed and should apologize. Personally I would steer clear of him. The way he's trying to delete threads and sweep this away is not right.
The tuner should be ashamed and apologize really? Do you even know him or purchased his products?

Is the turner everyones babysitter or maybe he should give everyone a lie detector. E-gear didn't claim that he went to the moon in his car did he or maybe I missed that. Cars are running very low tens so does a 9.9 seem so crazy.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:18 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Td33
The tuner should be ashamed and apologize really? Do you even know him or purchased his products?

Is the turner everyones babysitter or maybe he should give everyone a lie detector. E-gear didn't claim that he went to the moon in his car did he or maybe I missed that. Cars are running very low tens so does a 9.9 seem so crazy.
Do you want me to reply or are you just venting?

Last edited by stealthpilot; 11-23-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:24 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Guys we should step back and remember we are a community. We all agree on most things but we won't on all. This was definitely an offense I am pretty sure we all agree! And I hope after all this drama followed by 100% positive support for anyone with personal experience with me it's clear my position. Different people see versions or levels of justice differently. I always say If we were all sitting around a table we could have fun as enthusiasts.

Quick Reply: False timeslips - exciting times in the other forum!