Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

How much off MSRP for 2017 Turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 08:26 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts
Default How much off MSRP for 2017 Turbo S?

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and am in conversations with a couple of local (Northern Illinois) large dealers about ordering a new Turbo S. How much off MSRP might it be reasonable for me to expect/ask for? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I have not checked lately, but earlier this year there was a dealer on this forum offering 8% off, and I cut a deal for mine at 5% off with my local dealer. After we finished the deal, he joked that if I'd lived out of town he might have gone 10% off to get the business!! (I was pissed, not funny) Check with out of town dealers if you are open to that.

I think it's dependent on the national stock levels, so my data could be out of date.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:44 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 170 Posts

For 10% off, I'd fly out in a heart beat. It'll be a good excuse for a little road trip!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:43 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Realistically 4-8% is probably the range, depending on relationships and how hard you want to push.

Pretty cheap words for a dealer to say 10%.... after the deal was done. Definitely not cool! I'd be pissed also.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard 4-6% on new orders. Possibly higher on existing inventory. I got 5% on my incoming.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

There are only 14 coupes on the ground across the country. No one is doing 10% off.
5% is a pretty good deal, these days.

Whats your time worth, whats the utility value of 1% or roughly $2000 to you?

There is limited supply right now so just about any dealer is going to have to dealer trade to get a car on the ground. They're going to have to give up something good to get the car and its going to cost them to truck it in.

Comes down to what its really worth to you? What's your relationship with your local dealer like? Have you bought from him before?

If you're looking for 8% off on a car your that local guy has to trade for and truck in, then it may simply be a bad business decision for him to make so little on the car and give up a future allocation that he may make more on.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:43 AM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Many thanks to all those who offered their input on this forum as well as the 7th gen 911 forum. Looking forward to having an actual (rather than virtual) Turbo S!
Old 11-01-2016, 11:55 AM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

(Also posted on other threads.) Many thanks to all those who provided guidance to me on the forum. After talking numbers with several dealers, I wound up making a deal yesterday to buy from the large dealer who's located 10 minutes and less than five miles from my home. It may not have been the best deal possible, but it was within the kinds of ranges folks on the forum were reporting (so I know it's reasonable), I've heard good things about the dealership from others, I really liked the salesman who trusted me on two test drives at speed, and it's hard to ignore the convenience factor especially given my busy schedule.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:07 PM
JD911
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 49 Posts

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you end up with.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:04 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the Congrats, you made a deal, and that is great. On the most up here (Canuckville) we do not get as good of discounts as do our southern neighbours. I have some cross borders buddies that I have compared notes with over the years, and while not a scientific study, it does seems to be that on the whole we pay close to MSRP in Canada. I got just under 3% on my 991.2 TTS Cab at my local dealer, I was happy with that. Also up here our dealers are fewer and farther between, for the most part, so also an issue of less choice. But my local dealer, who we used for our Boxster-S and Cayenne-S has been good to us. We like the SA we have used, the same SA on all buys, and the service department has been good, but new Porsche's being new Porsche's we have not used them for anything other than oil-changes. I am also a bit of a fan of keeping my money 'local', that is if you can call buying 3 German made cars local

Quick Reply: How much off MSRP for 2017 Turbo S?