Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   IPD Plenum and Y Pipe for 991.2 Turbo /Turbo S - CompetitionMotorsport.com (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/939565-ipd-plenum-and-y-pipe-for-991-2-turbo-turbo-s-competitionmotorsport-com.html)

CMS 06-15-2016 02:16 PM

IPD Plenum and Y Pipe for 991.2 Turbo /Turbo S - CompetitionMotorsport.com

4 Attachment(s)
Both the IPD Plenum and Y Pipe are available now from Competition Motorsport. Together they produce +70 FT LBS of Torque and +55 HP. You can find both at CompetitionMotorsport.com

991.2 Turbo /S Plenum
The new Turbo doesn’t substantially benefit from any one particular upgrade, but the sum of its improvements deliver a superior overall Turbo compared to the already impressive 991.1 Turbo it replaces. Yes, we know the latest Turbo is faster with 20 more horsepower but it’s the combination of lightening shifts, razor sharp handling and spiritual connection to the vehicle that elevates the driving experience of the extraordinary new 991.2 Turbo.

Porsche made a number of substantial upgrades with the latest 991.2 Turbo. Engine improvements include revised intake ports, larger injectors, higher volume fuel pump, larger turbo compressor wheels and more efficient intercoolers, but the factory intake system remained relatively unchanged allowing the IPD Plenum and Y-Pipe to fit with only minor modifications.

The 991.2 Turbo Plenum upgrade delivers staggering engine power and torque gains that will raise the performance bar of the already potent supercar as well as the hairs on your neck. Horsepower gains are found throughout the entire power band with the bulk of the gains being realized between the 3500-5000 RPM range. Max power gains of 45+ wheel HP come in at 4300 RPM and hold strong all the way to redline. Torque is even more impressive at 60+ in the midrange with a massive torque gains from 3500-5000 RPM.

991.2 Turbo /S IPD High Flow Y Pipe
The new Turbo IPD Y-Pipe delivers the same amazing proven performance as with the previous generation Turbo. Porsche made very few changes to the intake system from the 991 Turbo to the 991.2 Turbo. Ballistic acceleration and a top speed of over 200 mph places the new Turbo in a very elite class of supercars. But of course the IPD Y-Pipe (and Plenum) raise the performance bar even higher for Porsche driving enthusiasts who seek fighter jet performance from their German Turbo missiles.

IPD invested countless hours of R & D with a variety of unique design features and multiple prototype tests before settling on an optimum design that significantly improves engine performance for both stock and highly modified 991 Turbos. Our innovative Y-Pipe design is not only larger but also utilizes “non-round” runners, an optimized merge collector area and our proven dimpled interior surfacing. This superior design delivers greater volume of air, improved laminar flow and increased air velocity. These improvements deliver an additional 40+ wheel HP, 50+ Foot Pounds of Torque, improved boost response and more linear power and torque curves.
As we all know, bigger is not always better when it comes to forced induction applications. The IPD Y-Pipe is considerably larger than the factory but not so large as to cause pressure drop within the intake tract resulting in turbo lag and reduced performance. This optimized “non-round” design with dimpled interior surface cannot be achieved with conventional round tube construction.

Stage7 06-15-2016 05:05 PM

Have these gains been proven on the 991.2 or is it an estimate? Was a tune required to realize these gains? I thought no one had a tune for the 991.2 turbo s yet.

CMS 06-15-2016 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Stage7 (Post 13378006)
Have these gains been proven on the 991.2 or is it an estimate? Was a tune required to realize these gains? I thought no one had a tune for the 991.2 turbo s yet.

Dyno attached.

allans 06-15-2016 11:32 PM

Please PM prices. Thank you. Allan

robwe46m3 06-21-2016 12:23 PM

Any warranty concerns with this installed on a new 2017?

CMS 06-21-2016 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by robwe46m3 (Post 13392922)
Any warranty concerns with this installed on a new 2017?

Anytime you install aftermarket products on your car, the manufacturer can attempt to deny warranty claims. However, they have to prove that the non-OEM part you installed was the cause of the problem you're asking them to fix before they are legally absolved of their obligation of warranty coverage. Google "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act" for more information; the link below is a good place to start.

In our opinion, it would be very difficult for a dealer to prove any claim that an IPD Y-pipe and/or plenum was the cause of a warranty problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act

CMS 06-05-2017 02:26 PM

Free BMC Filter with IPD Plenum purchase. Great idea for the upcoming Father's day gift!

PM for details.

PPFANBOY 06-06-2017 03:50 AM

Is a tune required to accommodate?

CMS 06-06-2017 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by PPFANBOY (Post 14236673)
Is a tune required to accommodate?

no sir. Direct bolt on. ECU adjusts for increased airflow.

s-351 06-28-2018 09:22 PM

Let me see if I have this right. Just bolting on a IPD Y-pipe and plenum with no other changes you will gain 55+ whp and 70+ tq? No other changes needed?

hcvone 06-29-2018 07:51 AM

I have a IPD Plenum and Y Pipe with filter, my car was strapped to a dyno for days measuring each product and how much hp it added or didn't add, and while I won't argue with COBB, LOVE COBB, my car was a development car and saw gains, but not to those numbers, of course the more you mod the better the gains, and it's a beautiful made item, it's a shame it can not be seen. Having a dyno at our shop for the last 15 years, 2 wheel drive, there are many ways to get these interesting claim numbers

s-351 06-29-2018 08:41 AM

Like you sir, I find these number completely unbelievable. I have everything from a ugr lambo, Switzer GTR, Nth Moto viper and even a 1400 whp GT2 ... so I’m no stranger to modded cars. For that reason, I had to ask the question.

Tom_K 06-29-2018 01:07 PM

Curious to see if anyone had independent dyno showing actual gains

Mufus 12-05-2019 03:51 PM

i have them both on my 991.1 Turbo S.
So the base car has 560hp. i have IPD plenum and Y-pipe. Catless IPE exhaust. BMC air filter. Forge aluminium diverter valves. Wagner intercoolers. Guess what ? i have 590 hp with all these mods. No tune. So, the gains are missing for some reason. the worse part is, i think the tend to do the opposite. When i had only the catless exhaust, i had 600-605hp. IPE claims that the catless sistem gives 40hp more. installed the sistem, went on a dyno. numbers where there. 600hp. how come with IPD parts and bigger intercoolers, it is possible to loose power ?

And before you say it, it was the same dyno, same weather, same temperature.