Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:39 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
"Carmine with the black/bordeux interior might be overkill because of too much red IMO. I probably prefer black interior with red stitching (z option I believe)."

I'd be very careful ordering the black/bordeaux interior with any red exterior, unless you've personally seen it and like it, as the shades could clash and look awful. Black interior is the safest bet on this one.

I do like the black/bordeaux, have seen it, and ordered it with White Metallic exterior. If you like the black/bordeaux a lot, suggest a Black, Silver, or White exterior.
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Mine is carrera white metallic with black/bordeaux or black/garnet, don't remember which year they changed it.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:37 PM
carnut52
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow just read through this thread and I drive by Lavery everyday to work. It is a very small world. Bought several cars from them in the past but got my 2017 TTS from Beachwood as they had an open early allocation. Got my car May 18th and drive it almost everyday. I'm not a fan of the Lava Orange with the interior that car has. Not sure of the color name but close to tan. They are great for service and don't seem to mind that I didn't buy the car from them. I stopped to ask a question about the center lock wheels and they went over the new features of the car with me again.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:29 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Came across a 991.2 Turbo Brochure download -- in German; couldn't find one in English, but here's the point. It appears that Porsche restricts color combinations in Europe, because on Page 85 it displays combinations allowable. For instance, the Black / Bordeaux interior is only allowed with about half the exterior colors. Apparently, in the US you can order any color combination -- unrestricted and get yourself in a lot of trouble. This might be a useful guide for those that aren't sure if a color combination works. You don't even need to speak German -- I don't. Here's the link:

http://photos.stuttcars.info/upload/...8+-DE-1512.pdf
Old 06-21-2016, 09:18 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

carnut52 - Definitely a small world - good to know about Lavery's service. I may end up taking my car for service there since it's right down the street from where I live.

Hell, I could drop the car off and go for a run and make an excuse to run by Detroit Ducati while I'm at it...
Old 06-21-2016, 11:59 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Cheers! Hi
I have to say I've sat in a carmine red TTS with black interior, the stitching was lighter so deviated? and red gauges and belts

sitting inside the car u see a lot of the red of the car

porsche exclusive built my car as an "extra" allocation for NA and Hennessy ended up with this build. I was VERY concerned about it being a boring interior. I couldn't be happier. I had a 2013 GTS Panamera carmine red with the GTS red/alcantara interior. 1 991tts with white gauges black interior white painted vent slats ...
and then my rhodium silver one with the pebble agate deviated stitching with luxor beige gauges

in MY car its Black with carbon trim (0 cost on the S) the stitching is black gauges are black outlined with a bit of white and it looks how the car should be. I get being enamored with the options porsche offers and checking off the boxes, obviously i can only say in my perception and opinion with the carmine exterior going solid back and getting mats that have the PORSCHE in red and a very slight stitch on the outside border of them adds just the right touch to not really notice but your brain picks up on it. I LOVE LOVE my interior, and i LOVED my pebble agate.

I would caution u if going carmine to do it the way my car has as the bordeaux gauges belts and such with deviated stitching was Unappealing to me when i say it prior to purchasing mine.

Its wicked to say the least. I would post pictures of the interior but it does NO justice to the complete set up and sportiness of it all To many cars are now 2 tone interior and multi stitching huracan, mclaren, porsche, ferrari, etc.... i'm giddy that I'm as happy as i am with how it all turned out

my 10 cents

Last edited by Jeff Kay; 06-22-2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 06-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Carmine red is fantastic. I like the suggestion of espresso/cognac, but if you want something with a black instead of brownish dash, go with black/luxor beige.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by philg3
Came across a 991.2 Turbo Brochure download -- in German; couldn't find one in English, but here's the point. It appears that Porsche restricts color combinations in Europe, because on Page 85 it displays combinations allowable. For instance, the Black / Bordeaux interior is only allowed with about half the exterior colors. Apparently, in the US you can order any color combination -- unrestricted and get yourself in a lot of trouble. This might be a useful guide for those that aren't sure if a color combination works. You don't even need to speak German -- I don't. Here's the link:

http://photos.stuttcars.info/upload/...8+-DE-1512.pdf
Phil - your local dealer should be able to give you a copy of this book. It's a beautiful hardbound book. I highly recommend.

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
Cheers! Hi
I have to say I've sat in a carmine red TTS with black interior, the stitching was lighter so deviated? and red gauges and belts

sitting inside the car u see a lot of the red of the car

porsche exclusive built my car as an "extra" allocation for NA and Hennessy ended up with this build. I was VERY concerned about it being a boring interior. I couldn't be happier. I had a 2013 GTS Panamera carmine red with the GTS red/alcantara interior. 1 991tts with white gauges black interior white painted vent slats ...
and then my rhodium silver one with the pebble agate deviated stitching with luxor beige gauges

in MY car its Black with carbon trim (0 cost on the S) the stitching is black gauges are black outlined with a bit of white and it looks how the car should be. I get being enamored with the options porsche offers and checking off the boxes, obviously i can only say in my perception and opinion with the carmine exterior going solid back and getting mats that have the PORSCHE in red and a very slight stitch on the outside border of them adds just the right touch to not really notice but your brain picks up on it. I LOVE LOVE my interior, and i LOVED my pebble agate.

I would caution u if going carmine to do it the way my car has as the bordeaux gauges belts and such with deviated stitching was Unappealing to me when i say it prior to purchasing mine.

Its wicked to say the least. I would post pictures of the interior but it does NO justice to the complete set up and sportiness of it all To many cars are now 2 tone interior and multi stitching huracan, mclaren, porsche, ferrari, etc.... i'm giddy that I'm as happy as i am with how it all turned out

my 10 cents
Jeff - congrats dude! Keep the pics of the car in the sun coming! That was the one thing I wanted to see while the car was at Hennessy, but it would have required moving 3 other cars.

Originally Posted by Need4S
Carmine red is fantastic. I like the suggestion of espresso/cognac, but if you want something with a black instead of brownish dash, go with black/luxor beige.
Fair point - just don't know whether I like luxor as much.

So my build locks in July. The wait is brutal....I think my build will be very similar to Jeff's though. Really glad he doesn't live in Atlanta!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Any interior color besides black. Sadly of course mine is black, not my build. Other than that, can't go wrong, car is spectacular and the king of the road. Pretty much nothing stock can hang with it from a dig.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:43 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

thats the cool thing about the configurator.

u can actually do it as u want

my 1st 991.1 turbo s what a white car with black interior, white gauges, white vent slats, carbon wheel, shifter, and trim. crest on head and lid.

my next 991.1 turbo s was pebble/agate interior, pebble leather trim (not CF, steel or painted just pebble leather) luxor beige dials and sport chrono, crest ...inherent in the 2 tone interior it had deviated stitching on the agate pebble part.-lent itself to a very Luxurious interior where the
black with white accents matched the white exterior sporty and proper if u will

on my 2013 panamera GTS carmine red with the alcantara leather interior and red stitching it was perfect. HOWEVER, on the 911 TURBO S i didn't care for the all leather interiors with all the red (yellow your choice) deviated stitching no alcantara available

I was VERY skeptical on the all black interior and my new carmine car
if u look somewhere on this board and on 6speed i posted that i was going to do the gauges, sport chrono, seat belts all in red to "help" the interior. even my wife who is always right, and i mean this seriously about these things, was disappointed on getting the black interior exp with the specialness of the pebble/agate interior of my current car...

well as soon as we got it and spent time in it, maybe because we did the the above combos and it is just RIGHT. the stitching is black, its not Boring with the carmine exterior i don't know how to explain it. and I'm not talking myself into it.

do as YOU see fit and that might change one day to the next.

hope this helps
Old 06-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

I just asked my wife to put her emotion to the interior on my current car into words so here are her words...

Simplistic, refined, sporty and a touch of class. The black leather with deep grey undertones and the depth of the black on the gauges makes the what should be classic black look special.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:23 AM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
I just asked my wife to put her emotion to the interior on my current car into words so here are her words...

Simplistic, refined, sporty and a touch of class. The black leather with deep grey undertones and the depth of the black on the gauges makes the what should be classic black look special.
KISS method. I love it. Maybe I'll go all black and see if carmine seat belts and or dev stitching is available.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

whatever u do my friend, I'm excited for you
have a great weekend
Old 06-26-2016, 01:44 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
KISS method. I love it. Maybe I'll go all black and see if carmine seat belts and or dev stitching is available.
see here. Someone did what I was suggesting earlier in this thread. I think it's awesome, although I think the normal Black/Bordeaux would be even better.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post13405711
Old 06-27-2016, 05:48 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
see here. Someone did what I was suggesting earlier in this thread. I think it's awesome, although I think the normal Black/Bordeaux would be even better.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post13405711
If you think it's awesome, you should order one, it always comes down to personal preference. Also, keep in mind that generally, rennlisters are very polite -- pretty much always give positive feedback once a fellow rennlister has taken delivery of these fine vehicles.

I do really like the carmine red, and would have considered it if there wasn't a price premium -- went with White Metallic and the Black/Bordeaux (B/B) interior. One week left before the build is frozen. I'm kind of set on the colors, although would consider the GT Silver ext with the B/B interior.

I keep cars a long time, so I am careful of color combo's that would work for me. And, for the record, my wife doesn't care for the B/B interior, but she tells me to get whatever I want.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:06 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

RL Family,

First off - thank you to all who took the time to provide your thoughts. My build has evolved somewhat and below is where it currently stands. Interested in your thoughts.

1 991450 911 Turbo S 188,100.00

2 0L Carmine Red 3,140.00

3 AZ Leather Interior in Black 0.00

24891 Seat Stitching in Deviated Thread (Front and Rear) 1,100.00

24901 Dashboard Stitching in Deviated Thread 390.00

24902 Upper Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread 390.00

24905 Rear Side Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread 390.00

24906 Center Console Lid Stitching in Deviated Thread 160.00

26741 Center Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread 390.00

26751 Armrest Stitching in Deviated Thread 310.00

26761 Door Handle Stitching in Deviated Thread 390.00

4 342 Seat Heating (Front) 0.00