Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 11:33 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

You lived in Birmingham? Small world...

I run on a daily basis up Woodward each morning so I see Lavery's inventory. I'm relatively new to the town as I moved here last October from NYC. I flipped a house on a the east side of Woodward but now Ive moved to the west side north of 14 mile but south of Lincoln.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:45 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha! I lived north of lincoln west of woodward..
Jay Tuttle service manager at lavery is all aces!

what do u think of the lava orange turbo S they have over there
Old 06-13-2016, 12:37 AM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, you lived in the area of town where the real money is!!

I am not a huge fan of the Lava Orange...not my thing. I don't know why they ordered a TTS coupe and a TTS cab in the same color.

I laugh though because I am a big fan of Signal Green, which is what I would like to get my TTS in. I am trying to decide between a used/new TTS or maybe consider a GT3 RS, but that may be pushing it. All of these are at the limit of my budget so we'll see how it goes.

I think if I could get a dealer to come down in the high single digits off MSRP I would consider ordering a new one.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:02 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

we lived across from the Y...
it is a very nice area...i miss it in the summer

Got confirmation that i will get it wednesday evening latest thursday AM....Hennessy has been great. Chris Morea has been a pleasure, again as he was will Ellis for many years prior, to deal with.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:25 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Jeff, that really is a beautiful car. In fact, it's probably the most beautiful TTS I have ever seen. If they had Carmine on the 991.1 TT, I most likely would have jumped on that. I love how the Aerokit's black accents match perfectly with CR.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:41 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Thank You
Old 06-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Jeff,

Congrats on the purchase!! I was very tempted on buying that car in the showroom. We just couldn't come to terms on the trade-in value. As you can see from my OP, that car is the inspiration for my build and will be pretty much identical. What part of town do you live in? We'll have to meet up sometime and cruise around as twins!

Regarding your questions about the options - my understanding is that Carmine Red isn't an option for seat belts, dials, etc.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

I don't live in the ATL
i live in Boca Raton Florida.

however would love to meet up!

yes, theme on this car was black interior and radical exterior I'm stoked about getting "Carmine" Tomorrow evening- offered Cuda trucking a HUNDO to get it here by sundown- latest then would be thursday AM

i might change up steering wheel to carbon and add bordeaux belts and mats

other than that either going to keep my europipe from my 991 tts (5k miles) or if i can get a fair offer on that move to something that sounds different

I've had 2 991 TTS and the europipe has been solid...i might want something real loud this time...

any buyers on the europipe and plenum hmmmm...

cheers!!!
p.s. I think they stepped up to real numbers on my trade wholesale and split up front profit so i think all things considered a fair deal both ways
Old 06-15-2016, 12:26 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Please post some interior shots. Would love to see them Jeff.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:19 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
RL Family,

I'm trading in my 2016 991 TT and ordering a 2017 991.2 TTS. My TT was Agate Grey on Black. It was my first Porsche and I enjoyed everything about it. The only thing that stopped me from loving it was the exterior color. I wasn't able to custom order the vehicle at that time. Agate Grey is definitely a great color. However, I am a fan of bold, and bold is something that Agate is not (IMO).

That brings us to the new TTS. I'm ordering this one, so I'm definitely hoping to love it.

Below is a link to my current build. Wanted to get some thoughts from the community.

2017 991.2 TTS Build

A couple of things I'm still questioning:

- Interior - is there any other interior that would go well with Carmine Red? I was thinking possibly the Espress/Cognac option
- Aerokit - I like it, especially with the red and black contrast (I'm a UGA alum btw). What about if it was in matching exterior color?
- Front Axle - does the Aerokit lower the clearance on the front? I didn't have a problem with clearance on the TT, so the Front Axle option is directly tied to the Aerokit option
- Glass Moonroof - I like the red and black contrast, but I live in GA and wonder if I should be concerned about excess heat coming through the moonroof. I plan to get carbon ceramic tint done, and thought worst case, I could get the moonroof done as well. Also - is the rattle still a concern with the glass roofs?
- Burmester - I'm not an audiophile (usually listen to music via BT, but will probably use CarPlay in the new car) and don't have lossless audio, etc. I should be good without it right?

Anything else?
I think you're not being bold enough. The black interior is boring. I think Espresso/Cognac is a better choice - especially with Carmine Red. BUT I would go for the Black/Bordeaux interior which I think is the stunning and would look amazing on Jeff's Carmine red car above. Have a look at the interior on this Panamera to illustrate what I mean.
http://porscheofsouthshore.com/inven...ine+Red+526356

I agree on the black accents as shown in the car posted above including on the aerokit.

If you get the bordeaux red interior, get the matching belts.

Consider instrument and sport chrono dials in white - would be a really nice accent.

Also get the burmester. The basic sound system doesn't fit a car of this calibre and price.

Finally I also am in Georgia, and I find the glass roof poses no issues. The combination of tint and the screen are effective, and the AC if very good in this car. Also no rattles.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay

Thank You
Jeff - did you receive the car yet?
Old 06-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
I think you're not being bold enough. The black interior is boring. I think Espresso/Cognac is a better choice - especially with Carmine Red. BUT I would go for the Black/Bordeaux interior which I think is the stunning and would look amazing on Jeff's Carmine red car above. Have a look at the interior on this Panamera to illustrate what I mean.
http://porscheofsouthshore.com/inven...ine+Red+526356

I agree on the black accents as shown in the car posted above including on the aerokit.

If you get the bordeaux red interior, get the matching belts.

Consider instrument and sport chrono dials in white - would be a really nice accent.

Also get the burmester. The basic sound system doesn't fit a car of this calibre and price.

Finally I also am in Georgia, and I find the glass roof poses no issues. The combination of tint and the screen are effective, and the AC if very good in this car. Also no rattles.
Thanks for the feedback baus! You're right - after looking at that Panamera, I guess I'm not really as bold as I thought I am!!

I saw that you edited your post after initial posting. You mentioned Carrerra Red as an exterior color. How does that compare to Guards?

Where in Atlanta do you live?
Old 06-17-2016, 12:14 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Thanks for the feedback baus! You're right - after looking at that Panamera, I guess I'm not really as bold as I thought I am!!

I saw that you edited your post after initial posting. You mentioned Carrerra Red as an exterior color. How does that compare to Guards?

Where in Atlanta do you live?
I don't think Carrera Red exists as an exterior color. I was confused and commenting on Guards Red. But I do prefer the Carmine I think. Carmine seems a bit more like a candy apple red its quite captivating.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:29 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
I don't think Carrera Red exists as an exterior color. I was confused and commenting on Guards Red. But I do prefer the Carmine I think. Carmine seems a bit more like a candy apple red its quite captivating.
Carmine is a much deeper red than Guards and I lot it alot more.

Carmine with the black/bordeux interior might be overkill because of too much red IMO. I probably prefer black interior with red stitching (z option I believe).
Old 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

"Carmine with the black/bordeux interior might be overkill because of too much red IMO. I probably prefer black interior with red stitching (z option I believe)."

I'd be very careful ordering the black/bordeaux interior with any red exterior, unless you've personally seen it and like it, as the shades could clash and look awful. Black interior is the safest bet on this one.

I do like the black/bordeaux, have seen it, and ordered it with White Metallic exterior. If you like the black/bordeaux a lot, suggest a Black, Silver, or White exterior.

Quick Reply: 991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please