Sponsored by: Road Spy

Only a few days away!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Only a few days away!!

Ordered back on 2/2/16 and just delivered...not sure how long the dealer inspection takes...tomorrow would be nice. But most likely next week. More pictures to come once I get my hands on it.

Options:
• Agate Grey Metallic
• Leather Interior in Black
• "PORSCHE" Logo and Model
Designation Painted Exclusive
Chosen color: Black
• Porsche Entry & Drive
• Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
• Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
• Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color Exclusive
• Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
• Front Axle Lift System
• 20" 911 Turbo S Wheels
• Lane Change Assist
• Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber
• Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
• Seat Heating (Front)
• Seat Ventilation (Front)
• Smoking Package
• Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Leather Interior Exclusive
• Instrument Dials in Bordeaux Red Exclusive
• Sport Chrono Clock Dial in Bordeaux Red Exclusive
• Seat Belts in Bordeaux Red Exclusive
• Storage Compartment Lid with Porsche Crest Exclusive
• Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
• Seat Stitching in Deviated Thread (Front and Rear)
LZ - Bordeaux Red
• Sport Seat Plus Shell with Stitching in Deviated Thread
LZ - Bordeaux Red
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Stage7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! What dealer?
Old 06-03-2016, 09:58 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Porsche of Kings Automall...Ohio
Old 06-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by PMAA
Porsche of Kings Automall...Ohio
Drove through their lot yesterday with my 2017 turbo s cab. I have spoke with their service guys and they seem very knowledgeable and good cars guys.

Bought my from north Olmsted. Have a long history with owner, but live close to Kings so they will handle all warranty/service.

Absolutely love mine. Just got back from Atlanta where I drive the new turbo s on the track. I'm still looking for my stomach. Car was just a beast.

Congrats and enjoy.

Bill
Old 06-05-2016, 08:41 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Td33
Drove through their lot yesterday with my 2017 turbo s cab. I have spoke with their service guys and they seem very knowledgeable and good cars guys. Bought my from north Olmsted. Have a long history with owner, but live close to Kings so they will handle all warranty/service. Absolutely love mine. Just got back from Atlanta where I drive the new turbo s on the track. I'm still looking for my stomach. Car was just a beast. Congrats and enjoy. Bill

Congratulations on your new cab!
I've been dealing with Kings Porsche for a number of years and have had good experiences from sales to service. I have recommended Kings many times to family and friends. The service folks are top notch and professional. Also from what I read on this forum their service costs seem to run on the low end of the range.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Congratulations on your new cab!
I've been dealing with Kings Porsche for a number of years and have had good experiences from sales to service. I have recommended Kings many times to family and friends. The service folks are top notch and professional. Also from what I read on this forum their service costs seem to run on the low end of the range.
Thanks for the info. I spoke with Vince and Eric both good guys. First porsche coming from AMG for years. Again, can't say enough about this car just unbelievable.

Love the spec on your car would love to see it. I live in Hamilton township. If your ever out at a show/cars and coffee maybe we can meet up.

Thanks again,
Bill
Old 06-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Tony007
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats!! What an awesome car. I really love Agate on the S and the black letters just complete the look.

Please post up some more pics as soon as you can.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:22 PM
GarbageMan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a good pic of those gauges in Bordeaux if you would... This is one interior I want to see-black with the deviated stitching everywhere...

Last edited by GarbageMan; 06-06-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:47 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Thanks all....so if I had to make a living as a photographer I would not be driving a Porsche.

I traded my 2014 991.1 TT for a 991.2 TTS and I am amazed at the performance difference. Even while keeping the RPMs below 4K (for the prerequisite 2K miles) the car just seems to accelerate in sport mode much quicker. I guess I was expecting a more subtle difference but I'm pleasantly surprised.

The exhaust note is very much improved over the TT...much Louder with more growl. IMO an after market exhaust is just overkill.

The gauges are Bordeaux red and are tough to photograph and get the true color. They are darker than the photo would suggest. The sport chrono is close to the true color.

The deviated stitching is also Bordeaux...looks great in person the photos don't do it justice. However, it is a little more subtle than many other choices.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:51 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

One more photo....love the black lettering.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:31 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Td33
Thanks for the info. I spoke with Vince and Eric both good guys. First porsche coming from AMG for years. Again, can't say enough about this car just unbelievable. Love the spec on your car would love to see it. I live in Hamilton township. If your ever out at a show/cars and coffee maybe we can meet up. Thanks again, Bill
Thanks Bill...will keep an eye for the next cars and coffee!
Old 06-10-2016, 07:33 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I traded my 2014 991.1 TT for a 991.2 TTS and I am amazed at the performance difference.
The exhaust note is very much improved over the TT...much Louder with more growl. IMO an after market exhaust is just overkill.
Congrats on the .2 Op. Looks awesome! I must say my experience with .2tts's exhaust note was that its surprisingly even more docile than .1tts but glad you're happy with it.

I would agree with your findings re the performance difference between base .1tt and the .2tts. being quite significant.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:40 AM
steven521
AutoX

Originally Posted by speed21
Congrats on the .2 Op. Looks awesome! I must say my experience with .2tts's exhaust note was that its surprisingly even more docile than .1tts but glad you're happy with it. I would agree with your findings re the performance difference between base .1tt and the .2tts. being quite significant.
do you have any video clips of the stock exhaust on the 991.2? I have mine on order and putting an FVD ON.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:47 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by steven521
do you have any video clips of the stock exhaust on the 991.2? I have mine on order and putting an FVD ON.
No sorry. But in comparison to my own I definitely reckon its quieter than how my .1tts was before I changed it out for the EP. Other feedback I had after I commented on the .2tts was that they (dealer) also felt the same. For me I couldn't put up with it stock but that's just me. A system is a must imo and I tried hard at the time with my .1 to keep it stock. With the EP its just amazing in comparison to how it was. Im shocked at how Porsche is producing a better car but with such a lame note. You would think that they could have at least given it a Carrera s turbo note...but sadly no.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:51 AM
soly20
Intermediate

Congrats. Nice build. Really like the interior color combos.

Quick Reply: Only a few days away!!