Sponsored by: Road Spy

Xpel PPF Custom Install w/Detailed Designs Auto Spa

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xpel PPF Custom Install w/Detailed Designs Auto Spa

This is long overdue, but I wanted to take some time and share my recent experience with Detailed Designs Auto Spa.

My first foray into P-cars is a 2016 TT I picked up in August. It's been a dream car of mine ever since I saw Bad Boys.

My top priority was to get some sort of protection on the car. I had read up on PPF a few years ago (back when there were still concerns of yellowing, etc.). My first call was to Jean Claude at DDAS. He had performed the maintenance detailing on my previous 2011 E90 M3.

He invited me out to his shop for a tour as well as a detailed consultation to better understand my needs. Over the next few weeks, he was always available to answer any questions that I had.

One of the biggest questions I had was around his various levels of coverage offered, as well as why his price was higher than quotes I was receiving elsewhere. He took the time to explain the differences over and over again. However, it just wasn't that clear to me.

In the end, I trusted Jean Claude's reputation, the relationship we had built over the years, and his guarantee that I would be happy.

While I was willing to spend the money to cover the car end-to-end, Jean Claude advised me appropriately for my needs. We decided to apply the film everywhere except the roof, rear bumper, and engine lid. We also did a nano coating on the whole car, and a leather treatment.

The results? Oh man, it is amazing. HOWEVER, it wasn't until he put my car on display at the last Caffeine & Exotics show here in Atlanta, did I fully understand how amazing his work truly is.

I finally saw his work versus the lower priced work side by side. They can't be compared.

There was a GT4 at the show that had PPF installed and I wish I had taken some pictures of the wrap. One example in particular was where the hood met the A-pillar. You could easily see the edge of the PPF stopping short of the edges (due to being pre-cut).

I compared that to my car where there was no edge to be found. Jean Claude custom cuts the film to ensure edges are non-existent and/or minimized. That is one of the many Detailed Designs differences. I told Jean Claude that he needs to have a body panel lying around that shows the stark comparison, so the uninitiated, such as myself, can better visualize. Finally, he even took the time to speak to my maintenance detailer to talk through recommendations for keeping the PPF and coating looking great.

After seeing that, every penny spent is 200% justified, and Jean Claude has won me over for life.

Here are some pictures of the completed work.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:36 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Great pictures and beautiful P-car!

Thanks for sharing and great install Detailed Designs

Old 01-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Verinnal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics of AG as well. Not my color of choice but this pic and the lighting therein represents the true color well.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the incredible review Yogi and we are very pleased that you're happy! I hope your maintenance wash-guy is doing well with the tips we gave them.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliments! Agree that the pics do justice to the AG. There's a tinge of brown in there that really shines in the sun.

JC - Chris is doing a great job with the feedback you provided. He's keeping it looking pristine.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:45 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Thanks for the compliments! Agree that the pics do justice to the AG. There's a tinge of brown in there that really shines in the sun.

JC - Chris is doing a great job with the feedback you provided. He's keeping it looking pristine.
Good deal.

Quick Reply: Xpel PPF Custom Install w/Detailed Designs Auto Spa