Sponsored by: Road Spy

Love my new 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Ian Bell
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SVettVU
In contrast to the first note, I had a very good experience with the Porsche Dealer in Beaverton. Ask for Nick. I bought my 991, 911S from him (I live in N. CA). Very good experience. Gene
That is EXACTLY who I had a poor experience with. Nick rarely followed up with me and was super flaky. Perhaps I was too much of a pain asking him to find me a 991 in a certain color, but common, that's his job. Sunset Porsche has a VERY poor reputation here in Beaverton.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian Bell
That is EXACTLY who I had a poor experience with. Nick rarely followed up with me and was super flaky. Perhaps I was too much of a pain asking him to find me a 991 in a certain color, but common, that's his job. Sunset Porsche has a VERY poor reputation here in Beaverton.
I'm surprised. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Nick. Nick had a lot of patience and time for me over a couple years trying to figure out if a 997.2 TTS was for me (it ultimately wasn't).

In the end he was able to get my current 991 TTS for me for a wonderful deal and made the pre- and post- purchase experience flawless.

I'm not the kind of individual that salespeople expect to purchase expensive cars, either... I frequently do get really poor treatment by salespeople who assume I'm wasting their time. I was surprised that Nick was different.

Again, sorry you didn't get the same experience I did at Sunset.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:13 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Sunset Porsche has a VERY poor reputation here in Beaverton.
I will say that 5 of 6 991 TTS's in the Nike parking lot came from Sunset.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:14 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

What a beautiful car. Congratulations!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 01-20-2016, 01:17 AM
Ian Bell
AutoX

Originally Posted by Visceral
I don't doubt that. Sunset is the only Porsche dealer in the Portland area - there is no where else to go and most people are not comfortable buying a car out of state and having it delivered.

I know on the Cars and Coffee Facebook group, people complain about Sunset often; my business partner also had a tough time there as well.

If your experience was great, that's awesome. A company's reputation is made up from the combined experiences of their customers, so they have a ways to go IMO.

I was just ready to buy a car, and Nick never got back to me, I had to keep poking him. That wasn't fun for me
Old 01-20-2016, 01:18 AM
Ian Bell
AutoX

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
What a beautiful car. Congratulations!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Thanks!
Old 01-20-2016, 03:45 AM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

I may have seen you downtown last week. Great looking 991, it's too bad the weather hasn't stayed like that around here. Let me know if you need a local recommendation to fix the Bose problem.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:16 AM
mark12345
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Visceral
I dislike the sales people at Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, OR.
I only go there to see visually see the cars. The sales people are a bunch of snobs and think they're better than anyone. The service guys are pretty chill and laid back. I go there in my shorts in my commuter car and they never offer to ever help me thinking I can't afford a Porsche. LOL

Quick Reply: Love my new 911 Turbo