Turbo S Coupe vs GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 12:11 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by infinitybreaker
Owned both a 2014 Turbo S and GT3.

Turbo S all the way, GT3 is not practical. If you can have both then by all means get both. GT3 was loud and I understand it "holds" value better. That is if you keep the miles low, so essentially you are paying for the car to sit in the garage a majority of the time.
I own both a TTS and GT3 (and a Panamera S) also. Frankly, I've found the GT3
puts a far larger smile on my face yet is comfortable enough for those long drives often to far-off tracks, to make my wife want to come with me.
While the TTS is certainly smoother and quieter, its immense power and speed where it is the most fun, is usually unattainable on "normal" roads in traffic - and I find my 2010 Panamera S just as satisfying to drive. With its normally aspirated Torquey 4.8 L V8 the feeling of the cars power in traffic is not unlike the TTS in normal traffic. I consider all 3 great cars and feel very fortunate to own them. With no plans to sell, I couldn't care less what the resale value is. If I need the additional space for shopping or seating, the Panamera is the choice. If I want the quiet comfort of a great GT car, its the TTS, but if I want a really fun ride, its the GT3 every time.
With 15,000 joyful miles coming up on my '14 GT3, it is anything but a Garage
Queen.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Coupe vs GT3