Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What options am I missing...what options can't you live without and why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 11:29 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default What options am I missing...what options can't you live without and why?

My TTS build...what should I add / delete and why? Has anyone seen the Bordeaux Red leather in person...your thoughts?

911 Turbo S
Total price: 199,895.00 $ (incl. VAT)

Options:

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Rear Model Designation Painted
Agate Grey Metallic
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
20 911 Turbo Wheels
Two-Tone Leather Interior
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Seat Heating (Front)
PORSCHE Logo and Model Designation Painted
Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
Lane Change Assist
Front Axle Lift System
Smoking Package
Light Design Package
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Old 12-19-2015, 01:34 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PMAA
My TTS build...what should I add / delete and why? Has anyone seen the Bordeaux Red leather in person...your thoughts?

911 Turbo S
Total price: 199,895.00 $ (incl. VAT)

Options:

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Rear Model Designation Painted
Agate Grey Metallic
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
20 911 Turbo Wheels
Two-Tone Leather Interior
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Seat Heating (Front)
PORSCHE Logo and Model Designation Painted
Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
Lane Change Assist
Front Axle Lift System
Smoking Package
Light Design Package
Porsche Crest on Headrests

Looks to me like you've got it fully covered. Exciting times ahead! What color are the badges?
Old 12-19-2015, 02:16 AM
dds007
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Back of seats in exterior color
Old 12-19-2015, 07:37 AM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Looks to me like you've got it fully covered. Exciting times ahead! What color are the badges?
I'm still on the fence about the badge color...looks great on the computer. The PORSCHE would be black and the 911 Turbo S would be the exterior color agate
Old 12-19-2015, 10:51 AM
AgP1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The axle lift is unnecessary. The 991.1 TTS does not have this option and there have not been any forum complaints that I'm aware of.
You might want to consider PAS, this would complement your Lane change Assist. Also Entry Drive is a nice to have feature. I like your build, will look great.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:41 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by PMAA
I'm still on the fence about the badge color...looks great on the computer. The PORSCHE would be black and the 911 Turbo S would be the exterior color agate
Always wanted to know about what black badges look like on the Agate. I have it myself and currently have all the factory chrome badges. If black looks any good may change them myself but wanted to see someone else's before I made that decision.

Agree on the entry and drive, but I thought that was standard on the S?
Old 12-19-2015, 06:15 PM
AgP1
Intermediate

Always wanted to know about what black badges look like on the Agate. I have it myself and currently have all the factory chrome badges. If black looks any good may change them myself but wanted to see someone else's before I made that decision.

Agree on the entry and drive, but I thought that was standard on the S?
It used to be included with a package I think but now appears as an option in the configurator ...
Porsche Entry & Drive
$1,090
Old 12-20-2015, 03:09 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by AgP1
It used to be included with a package I think but now appears as an option in the configurator ...
Porsche Entry & Drive
$1,090
That being the case then yep get the entry a drive OP! Personally not a fan of the painted backs but to each there own there. Much prefer the leather to dominate wherever possible - looks more the money on a car of this value imo.
I'm assuming the rear camera and park sensors F and R are standard?

PS. So OP you're trading the .1 in your avatar?
Old 12-20-2015, 04:40 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AgP1
The axle lift is unnecessary. The 991.1 TTS does not have this option and there have not been any forum complaints that I'm aware of.
You might want to consider PAS, this would complement your Lane change Assist. Also Entry Drive is a nice to have feature. I like your build, will look great.
My 991.1 TTS does not need the axle lift but only because it is not lowered. At stock ride height you get 6 inches of ground clearance and an over 13 degree approach angle --- tons for a sports car
Old 12-20-2015, 06:09 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Given the "options can't you live without and why?" that appears in the thread title I have to ask why Porsche Entry & and Drive can't be lived without.

For me it's a 'can't live with' option. That and Power Steering Plus.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:16 AM
speed21
Banned

I could live without it but its not bad to have. Looking at OP's option list money doesn't seem an obstacle, heck he has more than I could bring myself to swallow ticking but then again if I had your pricing regime I would be ticking every bloody thing....to hell with asking anyone here.....just tick away until the boxes run out.. And hey what's wrong with PPS? Agree you can't tell the difference when you are going but at parking speed its a bit easier. A lot of stuff like smokers package, bermester etc etc is not must have but its nice if the wallet can take it without feeling it so in that situation just go for it!
Old 12-20-2015, 06:35 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

First: do you not sleep or are you ahead of me by several time zones? You're like a sniper watching the board for posts .

PSP: I find the unnatural change in steering effort annoying. I think that there is another negative effect on perception as well. That might be experimentally confirmed by coding-off PSP in my wife's 981CS.

PE&D: I get that it's new cool tech (for Porsche.) I just want to know why it's worthwhile. What are the use cases that make it a must have option?
Old 12-20-2015, 06:41 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by worf928
First: do you not sleep or are you ahead of me by several time zones? You're like a sniper watching the board for posts .

PSP: I find the unnatural change in steering effort annoying. I think that there is another negative effect on perception as well. That might be experimentally confirmed by coding-off PSP in my wife's 981CS.

PE&D: I get that it's new cool tech (for Porsche.) I just want to know why it's worthwhile. What are the use cases that make it a must have option?
Hahaha get tons of sleep. Up at 6, bed at 10.30 11pm. 9.40 pm watching telly at moment wit family..nothing much on. Holiday mode.

PSP. Never noticed it. I actually had to ask the dealer to check for sure I had it.

PE and D. Ist time ive had it. Dont mind it but wouldnt want to pay much for it or forget it.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:18 AM
AgP1
Intermediate

Hahaha get tons of sleep. Up at 6, bed at 10.30 11pm. 9.40 pm watching telly at moment wit family..nothing much on. Holiday mode.

PSP. Never noticed it. I actually had to ask the dealer to check for sure I had it.

PE and D. Ist time ive had it. Dont mind it but wouldnt want to pay much for it or forget it.
Yes "Options" and "can't live without" is a oxymoron. The advantage of P entry & drive for me is that I can lock and unlock the car door, start the engine and drive away without fishing around in my pocket for a key.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:48 AM
indesj01
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

adaptive cruise control and premium package plus

Quick Reply: What options am I missing...what options can't you live without and why?