Sponsored by: Road Spy

Mountain drive with my turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 06:55 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Mountain drive with my turbo

Hey guys too some pics with my iPhone today on my beatiful mountain cruise. All in all, a little of 300 miles today car performed flawless.

Looks like I need to upload them one by one
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
marcnyc (05-21-2020)
Old 11-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Another
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Fueling up
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

More
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:18 PM
PMNewton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gorgeous! What area of the country are you in?

- Patrick
Old 11-22-2015, 10:56 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by PMNewton
Gorgeous! What area of the country are you in?

- Patrick
Thank you and Colorado. Took them with my iPhone and just messed around with the lighting in the edit feature.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:28 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic pics!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:49 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Great pics.... so, give us your thoughts how you like/love the TT v. GT3.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:55 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Thank you and Colorado. Took them with my iPhone and just messed around with the lighting in the edit feature.
Awesome pics! You going on Majestic Run in July?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:03 AM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can put up to ten on a page, one for each choose file button on the manage attachments pop up. When you are done, hit upload and they will all appear in the same post. Good pics though.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:32 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

Great pics, love the car.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by eddtiff
Fantastic pics!
Thank you, had a blast

Originally Posted by Michael_s
Great pics.... so, give us your thoughts how you like/love the TT v. GT3.
Like/Love TT
- Love the instant torque and pull in any gear at any time without having to get into the crazy high RPM/power band where the GT3 comes alive

- Love the awd, gives me a sense with winter tires I'm not going to get stuck and I'm willing to go on much bigger mountain adventures, with snow on the roads where I would not do so with my gt3. Also simply pulling off the side of the road in certain place the front lip of my gt3 would have been destroyed

- Love the incredible ride of the turbo, MUCH smoother over the bumps than the gt3

- Love being able to have a conversation with wife while cruising together in the mountains. My gt3 was damn loud with my side muffler bipass's(which I loved when alone ))

- Love the wider rear end with the air intakes, I think the Turbo's have the best looking bodies. Even better when lowered with the GMG or techart springs

- Like being able to use the AUTO feature of the PDK when cruising around. You really needed to constantly use the paddles on the gt3, or it would have you in 7th gear, cruising at 30-40 mph, constantly bogging down the endgine and making for some very jerky driving. Auto on the gt3 was perfect on the track when the revs were up and in sport but terrible as a daily driver. I 100% paddles shifted as I used my gt3 as a DD

- Love being able to have my two toddlers in the back

Over all I just view the turbo as an incredible super car, you can share with your loved ones in comfort, while the gt3 is certainly a one/one experience, amazing in its own right.

What I don't love about the TT quite as much as the gt3:

- Over all, not as sharp, be it throttle response, certainly steering, more body roll, and breaking. But its obviously these differences that make the TT ride and drive so much smoother than the gt3, trades offs, no way around it.

The sound, while not comparable is still something I'm on the fence about. I know the TT is never going to sound like my GT3, so I'm not sure if I will try and add an after market exhaust, time will tell.

Over all, I'm just loving the TT, in NO WAY is it a lessor experience than the GT3 and is superior in MANY ways. In general they are just such difference experiences and I really hope I can afford both one day in the near future.

What I loved about the GT3:
- Steering feel
- Less body roll than the TT
- Stopped much faster, but I did have PCCB's on my GT3 and I have irons on the TT but I do notice the additional weight when stopping with the TT.
- Sound and additional excitement the sound of the engine made, especially when getting close to 9K RPM
- Loved it on the track in all ways and I'm very eager to see how the TT compares and holds up to the rigors

Over all the gt3, is just a sharper feeling, more focused car, be that good or bad for the end user but in no way can it compare to the TT in usability and sheer easily accesable addictive power. I bet my GT3 would feel SLOW after being in the TT.

My friend gets his GT3 RS this week, so I'll look forward to seeing how it compares to my TT. We used to track our GT3's together and after riding in my turbo, he already stated it was faster than his RS(he did european delivery). Lets see if its faster on the track through the corners

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Awesome pics! You going on Majestic Run in July?
Not familiar with that, can you PM me details?

Originally Posted by wrs
You can put up to ten on a page, one for each choose file button on the manage attachments pop up. When you are done, hit upload and they will all appear in the same post. Good pics though.
Perfect, that makes sense, thank you!

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Great pics, love the car.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Great post, GT3Fan! Now, what I'd like to see is a back to back between a GT3 and 991TT, both with identical tires, either both with SportCup2s or with MPSS. I wonder if some of the "softness" of the turbo would go away with the cup tires.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by Need4S
Great post, GT3Fan! Now, what I'd like to see is a back to back between a GT3 and 991TT, both with identical tires, either both with SportCup2s or with MPSS. I wonder if some of the "softness" of the turbo would go away with the cup tires.
Thank you sir!

I kept some cup2's from my GT3, that I will be putting on my turbo when track time comes around, sadly not soon enough.

Regardless, when I do, I will be able to give an honest comparison. I had the Pirelli's before and hated them, so I'll likely quickly destroy them on the track and then switch them out for my cup2's.

I did just buy the micheline alpine winter tires from the gentleman a few threads below this one now I've bumped it.

So I'll run those through the winter and when track season starts again.

I've used the MPSS before and while I liked them for road use and better than the p-zero's, they are nowhere near as good as the cup2's, overheating quickly during a track session and becoming slippery as hell!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:00 PM
cliffd
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not partial but beautiful car...

Quick Reply: Mountain drive with my turbo