Sponsored by: Road Spy

Agate FTW - some cruising shots

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 11:01 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Agate FTW - some cruising shots

Went on a rally with some friends yesterday and one of the guys took some running footage shots of my car (though shots of me driving aren't super flattering)

As mentioned in other posts, I'm a GT silver guy all day long, but I chose Agate for my 991TTS and I'm so glad I did. Zero regrets.

Porsche really knocked it out of the park with this color.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:42 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice shots. I see a lot of brown in posted photos... is that how it shows in person?
Old 11-17-2015, 08:41 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_s
Nice shots. I see a lot of brown in posted photos... is that how it shows in person?
Honestly, agate shows several different hues depending on light and surroundings. The pictures above are without filter applied, just tweaks to highlights and shadows. All those colors do appear during the day.

It's certainly a color one must see in person and, if possible, at different times in the day. Pictures don't capture the depth and hue range.

I wasn't that interested from initial pics. It took 2 visits to the dealer with the car outside (one in AM and one in evening) for me to see the range.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:17 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Agate Rulz...
Old 11-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by aminewyork
Honestly, agate shows several different hues depending on light and surroundings. The pictures above are without filter applied, just tweaks to highlights and shadows. All those colors do appear during the day.

It's certainly a color one must see in person and, if possible, at different times in the day. Pictures don't capture the depth and hue range.

I wasn't that interested from initial pics. It took 2 visits to the dealer with the car outside (one in AM and one in evening) for me to see the range.
I've seen the color at the dealer in and out and it def shows lots of different colors. I like it.

My preference if for a darker more graphite gray and really like the carbon that Porsche used on the Panny. I had meteor on my CTT and I liked it. Wasn't in love with it. I would certainly do Agate if I ever strayed from black.

Enjoy your beautiful car!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:02 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car. Agate is definitely a color that should be seen in person and changes depending on the lighting. There is definitely a bit of bronze/ brown in the gray in certain lighting.

Quick Reply: Agate FTW - some cruising shots