Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy
View Poll Results: What color would you go with?
Gloss black
14.29%
Satin black
10.71%
A gray like gunmetal
32.14%
None of the above and stick with stock
42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Wheel color poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts
Default Wheel color poll

I am thinking of giving these wheels a go.
https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-an...discounts.html

What wheel color would you go for? I am sticking with stock wheel size and using the stock tires.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  402.9 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  381.6 KB
Old 10-21-2015, 12:56 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know looks are subjective but visually those really don't work at all on the car. The stocks look way better to me. Perhaps consider another style altogether, or is the price the main attraction here?
Old 10-21-2015, 05:50 AM
HassaanAbdeen
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Th best wheels on a turbo, are the turbo S wheels. I know the CL is a nightmare, but I couldn't live without its look. The second option is to keep the stock turbo wheels.

Aftermarket wheels are absolutely no option for me unless CF. But that's just me.

Sorry if my feedback wasn't helpful.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:52 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by speed21
I know looks are subjective but visually those really don't work at all on the car. The stocks look way better to me. Perhaps consider another style altogether, or is the price the main attraction here?
Price is definately the main attraction as there is no option when you get in the $2k plus a wheel, I would keep the stockers.

I do also like the more affordable HRE Flow Form FF01 (I beleive) those look very similar to the TTS wheels mentioned above but obviously could get them in 5 lug.
Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 483
Size:  112.7 KB
Old 10-21-2015, 10:59 AM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the turbo wheels, I think they are the most attractive on the car and it's what I was shopping for in a TTS, that and Burmester. I would do silver though if you insist on going with those AM wheels.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:38 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Price is definately the main attraction as there is no option when you get in the $2k plus a wheel, I would keep the stockers.

I do also like the more affordable HRE Flow Form FF01 (I beleive) those look very similar to the TTS wheels mentioned above but obviously could get them in 5 lug.
Attachment 984002
I assumed it would have been, but I find the cheaper stuff usually has a compromised look, hence probably why they are cheaper. I guess you just need to ask yourself what is driving the need for change here and is saving some bucks really going to allow you to achieve the right result visually.
Your car really looks perfect as it is so unless whatever wheel you spend your money on genuinely looks superior to what you have now then you'd be better off saving your money IMO.
From what I've seen on this 911 model so far the HRE has 2 decent options that work visually but they aren't cheap unfortunately (101's and their new muti-spoke). The rest are all a bit wanting in some way or another. The high gloss finish on the stock wheel really compliments the body of the car so to remove that feature you really need an AM wheel that will make up for that.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:23 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

OK.

I respect the comments. Itch scratched. Not going to pull the trigger and going to just keep these. I will continue to browse for maybe a great set, used from someone on here that I can get at a bargain.

For now I will focus back on some other mods, not wheels.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:53 AM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt

Attachment 984002
We have a few options in that budget, including our FlowForm wheels. Shoot us an email! Info@hrewheels.com.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:35 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 236 Likes on 154 Posts

HRE offers the Satin Black and Gloss Silver as the standard finishes. The top car is HRE's IPA finish (which is a Satin Bronze) and the bottom one is a standard Satin Black.

Being GT Silver - you might also consider going gloss charcoal - here is a 997.1 Turbo S we did HRE P40SC's on a while back (forged), and finished the wheels in HRE's Gloss Charcoal, it looked fantastic! That is the route we personally would suggest going with!

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Last edited by TAGMotorsports; 10-26-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Wheel color poll