Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Interesting development (TT owner still dreaming of C4S)

Old 10-20-2015, 06:41 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Interesting development (TT owner still dreaming of C4S)

Posted in another forum so wanted to post here as well.

So, I've had my 14 TT for about 2.5 months. Put almost 3K miles on the car, including 700 on the ride back from Knoxville to NJ. The car is stupid fast and the torque is amazing, which is something that I always thought was missing on my 13 C4S. For example, come to stop sign, you know the kind you sort of stop when making a left/right with no cars coming, the C4S, would be in 2nd gear and it would take a bit to get moving. Down shifting would be a bit rough in this case but.. you get the point.

The TT is very quiet, a bit too much attention for me with the scoops and wing and living in NNJ, really quite unnecessary.... plus obviously not as connected being turbo, plus a bit heavier, which is noticeable.

Don't get me wrong, its a great car, but not sure it's a great "fit" for me, especially at the price.... the mags got it right..... the car is so good, that its too good.... if you get it.

Not sure what I'm going to do. Probably nothing for a bit. Pretty sure I don't want a .2 TT car. Maybe look for a pre-owned GTS over the winter/spring...

This is just my opinion and thought you guys would be interested.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:39 AM
TheGhost
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe get a 991.2 C4S?
Old 10-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheGhost
Maybe get a 991.2 C4S?
Maybe. I will certainly get it out when it gets here. Interested to see how it drives. I'm sure it will be great but will the 3.0 with turbos feel like a turbo? I like the improved torque.... we shall see.

I'm perfectly "happy" with my TT, it's just really different. Obviously faster...
Old 10-20-2015, 02:30 PM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After owning the Turbo S I could never go down in horsepower and torque. It's to addicting. Like going from 50M cable modem bandwidth to dial up 9600 baud rate. Not going back.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrandLaker
After owning the Turbo S I could never go down in horsepower and torque. It's to addicting. Like going from 50M cable modem bandwidth to dial up 9600 baud rate. Not going back.
I hear ya... I'm not going to do anything right away. Going to give it some time to settle then reevaluate in Spring....
Old 10-21-2015, 05:56 AM
HassaanAbdeen
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandLaker
I agree 100%.

The only Porsche to cross shop with a turbo will always be a GT3, otherwise a GT2.

My 2 cents to the OP. Now you've driven the turbo, rent a Carrera S for a day and see if it still feels the way it did before owning the turbo.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:43 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The OP is correct that the stock TT is very quiet. The exhaust stock is boring IMHO. If you want sound get a high flow catted exhaust like Europipe. If you want a lot of sound go Tubi catless. Either wakes the car up a lot.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:26 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael_s
I hear ya... I'm not going to do anything right away. Going to give it some time to settle then reevaluate in Spring....
Truth is many 911philes are against updating and changes to their car's. Look at where we are at from the 997/991 transition!

Now the new iteration of the 911 will all be 3.0L with Turbo's. I say just reevaluate your thought's when you can test drive the 991.2 C4S. It's going to feel much more powerful than your older C4S due to the extra torques that will come with the Turbos. Could make you change your mind. Life and Cars are not always about "More Power" however their are many that would want to make you think that! Such as Tim Allen and Bugatti and drag racers. But life isn't all about drag racing or Veyrons or Chirons...
Old 10-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by HassaanAbdeen
I agree 100%.

The only Porsche to cross shop with a turbo will always be a GT3, otherwise a GT2.

My 2 cents to the OP. Now you've driven the turbo, rent a Carrera S for a day and see if it still feels the way it did before owning the turbo.
+1 It would be hard to dial back on the power and torque. Only other cars of this type that I'd consider might be GTS with a stick (stick would give a different experience), or GT3 (but not as good a DD).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting development (TT owner still dreaming of C4S)