Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   New 14 TT Owner (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/889907-new-14-tt-owner.html)

Michael_s 08-24-2015 11:14 AM

New 14 TT Owner

2 Attachment(s)
My C4S went back in June and I would have purchased the car but the residual was too high as it was a lease special from 2013 when Porsche was moving cars. I also used the "welcome to Porsche" program whereby the discount was further reduced by $4,500 due to a competitor lease. Needless to say, my monthly on my C4S was a great price (for P cars). A similar 15/16 C4S or GTS would lease for around 2K per month and if I bought a new one I figured I should take a look at Turbos. I have driven them before and knew I had to have one.

To make a long story short, I was about to pull the trigger on a 15 pre-owned when an absolutely loaded CPO 14 Turbo popped up on Porsche.com. MSRP was 189K!!! for a Turbo! (not an S) Build sheet as follows:

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
Seat Heating (Front)
Power Steering Plus
Steering Wheel Heating
Carbon Fiber Interior Package
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
20" 911 Turbo S Wheels
Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
Preparation Door-Sill Guards, Illuminated
Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber
SportDesign Side Mirrors
Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
Porsche Entry & Drive
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
Light Design Package
ParkAssist (Front and Rear)

Additions from prior owner: Clear bra and Passport 9500 already installed :thumbsup: Just need some tints.

Basically the owner wanted a Turbo S but the dealer didn't have an allocation at the time. Talk about loyal, instead of going to another dealer he ordered this car. But the price was the same as other 14 TT's.

So I called, deal was done within 24 hours and I picked up the car Friday in Nashville and drove through the night back to NJ. It's home and can't believe the power and refinment. Very happy owner. Some pics attached more to follow.

Also, I thought I would want to add the Techart paddles but I think I'm okay with the MF wheel. Really love the heat as I'm going to drive the snot out of this car all but snowy day.

Maybe a tune in the near future :thumbup:

Look forward to being apart of the TT owners group!

Attachment 966491

Attachment 966492

Flowmacks 08-24-2015 12:22 PM

Congrats- great build. What was the end price?

FORENN 08-24-2015 04:04 PM

Awesome, congrats!

cabman4007 08-24-2015 08:55 PM

Nice car! Drive safely.

bandi 08-25-2015 07:19 AM

Always a great drive home buying your car in another state--congrats! And fully loaded too. How many miles on the ODO when you picked it up and how far to NJ?

sdg1871 08-25-2015 07:30 AM

New 14 TT Owner

Congrats. Beautiful car

Michael_s 08-25-2015 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by bandi (Post 12535833)
Always a great drive home buying your car in another state--congrats! And fully loaded too. How many miles on the ODO when you picked it up and how far to NJ?

Thanks for the welcome!

The car had 4400 miles on it when I picked it up. Nashville to home was approx 900 miles. We left 3PM NY time (Nashville an hour behind) and arrived at 4AM. So it was 13 hours with 3 or 4 stops including a 30 minute stop for dinner. Really not that bad except 6-7 hours in Virginia. They don't mess around there with speeding. I didn't want to wait 3-5 days for a truck and no way was I buying the car without seeing it.

I've driven it every day since I got home. Not a garage queen. Depreciation is going to happen, might as well enjoy it and take it on the chin! Already have 5600 miles on the car. 1200 miles in 5 days.....

I will get some better pics up after tint and a good bath.

FBA 08-25-2015 09:59 AM

Congratulations on your purchase! Enjoy her!

ezdriver 08-25-2015 10:08 AM

Congratulations. It is a stunning car in a great color combo. Drive it like you stole it.

Michael_s 08-25-2015 10:34 AM

Thanks again for the welcome! I'll get some better shots up ASAP. The C4S was quick.... this car is FAASSSTTT!! Driving home I thought I was doing 70. I look down and I was going... well lets just say faster than 70.... this was in mexico of course..... took a slight detour home :)

TT Surgeon 09-02-2015 11:42 PM

Beauty!

goin2drt 09-02-2015 11:58 PM

Congrats and enjoy.

br911 09-03-2015 12:41 AM

You bought the King of the TT's. Congratulations

Michael_s 09-03-2015 10:48 AM

Thanks guys. Car is great. Tints are on, back up camera added and nothing more to be done for now. Maybe tune in the future but as of now car is plenty fast for me.... working on getting better pics up.

toothdoc 09-03-2015 04:43 PM

Beautiful car Michael!! Every little boys dream. Congrats!!

Originally Posted by Michael_s (Post 12561528)
Thanks guys. Car is great. Tints are on, back up camera added and nothing more to be done for now. Maybe tune in the future but as of now car is plenty fast for me.... working on getting better pics up.