Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Undisguised Porsche 991 Turbo Facelift Spy Photos (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/889025-undisguised-porsche-991-turbo-facelift-spy-photos.html)

trev0006 08-18-2015 07:05 PM

Undisguised Porsche 991 Turbo Facelift Spy Photos

https://www.dpccars.com/blog/wp-cont...y-Photos-1.jpg

From the article:
Porsche seems like it sees absolutely no reason to disguise the changes for the Porsche 991’s upcoming face-lift on any of the models anymore.

Photos and article - Undisguised Porsche 991 Turbo Facelift Spy Photos

speed21 08-18-2015 09:14 PM

All cosmetic changes appear to be good improvements from what I can see. It will undoubtedly be a better car..

disden 08-18-2015 11:26 PM

Personally I like the more stylized lower LEDs on the current model, they are so unique compared to other 991s. Just my opinion of course.

unotaz 08-19-2015 12:04 AM

I'm seeing a lot of the 997 face on the new 991.2 Turbo =(

speed21 08-19-2015 01:05 AM

Can't see it at all. The 997tt face looks very lame and dated in comparison. 997tt had that shallow face with squibby grilles and relied heavily upon AM lower front lip fitments to toughen the face up and add some actual depth there. Standard with the plastic lip always looked very weak imho. I recall my own 997 without the TA lip looked lame. The TA created miracles there.
I think the revised 991 turbo face is following on theme from GT4 and gen 2 991 faces, both which have basically the same styled front venting/grilles. Quite nice! I see the rear engine compartment grilles are also vertical as well... Overall it looks good but i'm sure the real noticeable differences will be that new 4.0 engine amongst the other under skin revisions (dang).

TT Surgeon 08-20-2015 11:25 PM

I think the update looks better, except for the panamara lettering on the rear.

FORENN 08-20-2015 11:28 PM

Can't say any of the cosmetic changes move me much.

speed21 08-20-2015 11:49 PM

I'm sure the physical changes will prove more compelling in the flesh. But it will be the 4.0 amongst mechanical improvements that will hurt the most. Not that .1 tts isn't anything but utterly sensational but I guess we will all need to ready ourselves for the inevitable bath later next year...no escaping that fact...

FORENN 08-21-2015 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by speed21 (Post 12526020)
I'm sure the physical changes will prove more compelling in the flesh. But it will be the 4.0 amongst mechanical improvements that will hurt the most. Not that .1 tts isn't anything but utterly sensational but I guess we will all need to ready ourselves for the inevitable bath later next year...no escaping that fact...

That bath is and has always been inevitable for every iteration.

speed21 08-21-2015 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by sportscentury (Post 12526309)
That bath is and has always been inevitable for every iteration.

So true. Just don't drop the soap...

Fred Flintstone 08-21-2015 10:26 AM

I continue to have radically different views on this whole "car value" concept -- and I wonder why I'm the only one thinking about it this way. When I bought my 2015 TTS, it was reflected on my personal balance sheet as reduction of cash vs. reduction of net worth. In other words, it was pure consumption - no different (other than magnitude) as if I had bought a beer and drank it. There are some simple truths in life -- one of which is that a better car (faster, cooler, whatever) is always around the corner. Any cost above about $30K for a car these days is pure want and not necessity. I guess this constant chatter about what the car can be sold for is relevant if you are in the mode of always upgrading to the next thing. I'm concluding that this is what most people here do. So, I guess I'm different. I doubt I will ever get rid of my TTS just as I will probably never sell my 2008 M3. I like both cars. I'm sort of attached to them. They are fun to drive and I like owning them and keeping them clean and I like the experience of driving both of them. I will likely find another car in about 5 years that I want and buy it as well (assuming my balance sheet allows for such excess). I guess I'm more of a collector than a trader. Anyway, don't mean to go off track. I'm fully expecting that the 911 turbo will be improved in every new version. And, while that means I don't have the "latest and greatest" it won't mean that my cars are not still fun to drive. In a nutshell -- my view is that cars are consumption, not investment. I don't really what my cars are worth (to someone else). They were worth what I paid for them or I wouldn't have bought them. End of story. ;-)

FORENN 08-21-2015 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone (Post 12526670)
I continue to have radically different views on this whole "car value" concept -- and I wonder why I'm the only one thinking about it this way. When I bought my 2015 TTS, it was reflected on my personal balance sheet as reduction of cash vs. reduction of net worth. In other words, it was pure consumption - no different (other than magnitude) as if I had bought a beer and drank it. There are some simple truths in life -- one of which is that a better car (faster, cooler, whatever) is always around the corner. Any cost above about $30K for a car these days is pure want and not necessity. I guess this constant chatter about what the car can be sold for is relevant if you are in the mode of always upgrading to the next thing. I'm concluding that this is what most people here do. So, I guess I'm different. I doubt I will ever get rid of my TTS just as I will probably never sell my 2008 M3. I like both cars. I'm sort of attached to them. They are fun to drive and I like owning them and keeping them clean and I like the experience of driving both of them. I will likely find another car in about 5 years that I want and buy it as well (assuming my balance sheet allows for such excess). I guess I'm more of a collector than a trader. Anyway, don't mean to go off track. I'm fully expecting that the 911 turbo will be improved in every new version. And, while that means I don't have the "latest and greatest" it won't mean that my cars are not still fun to drive. In a nutshell -- my view is that cars are consumption, not investment. I don't really what my cars are worth (to someone else). They were worth what I paid for them or I wouldn't have bought them. End of story. ;-)

Great post. I think, deep down, many of us share this view, at least to some extent, which explains why, in the end, we pull the trigger. The beer is just too delicious to not simply drink and enjoy, so to speak.

Tacet-Conundrum 08-25-2015 09:19 AM

I wonder who the dork was at the factory who ordered up the Window trim? What are they going to do next offer fender trim a lá 1980 car's with Dayton's?

FBA 08-25-2015 09:57 AM

Black is an option. On the Macan I just ordered, it was $270.00. They couldn't afford the option cost. LOL

Tacet-Conundrum 08-25-2015 10:52 AM

I imagine the car photographed has just about every option known to man just to put the option's through there paces.