Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Why doesn't Porsche offer this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 09:04 AM
FBA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So - as one of us who's lowered the TTS, how do you find it handles the potholes and bumps now?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:02 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why doesn't Porsche offer this??

Well I guess I'm one of the few. I just think Porsche should offer a lower option with similar height of a gt3 and a sport exhaust like a Carrera. And with them being options you guys who think these cars are too low and loud now can just not pick those options. I prefer my Porsches to be a little more aggressive. I guess that's why I love my 3 but would hope someday the turbo could be ordered that way.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:00 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
Well I guess I'm one of the few. I just think Porsche should offer a lower option with similar height of a gt3 and a sport exhaust like a Carrera. And with them being options you guys who think these cars are too low and loud now can just not pick those options. I prefer my Porsches to be a little more aggressive. I guess that's why I love my 3 but would hope someday the turbo could be ordered that way.
I wouldn't have a problem if those options were offered, as I definitely do agree about the stock exhaust being too quiet, which is why I have a GMG on mine. We discussed a valved exhaust for the Turbo a few months ago, and I would assume Porsche would offer one if they could to extract more money from our pockets, but believed it to be a matter of engineering issues with the Turbocharged engine itself.

Maybe a separate, optional Sports Exhaust that is just a bit more aggressive (sportier), but not valves would be a possibility.

The only thing I would not want old be a lowered ride height, but that option with a huge caveat emptor for the Buyer regarding normal driving re: scraping, etc., maybe with a separate fixed front spoiler easy and inexpensive to replace, would be fine.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:11 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
I'm with you on this meaker. Whilst I am super happy with mine as it is ( I mean how couldn't you be lol) a car of this value ought to have options. Like many here, I changed my system ( I used the Europipe) and couldn't be happier. That was a top mod, really worthwhile even though the car wasn't that bad stock. An option of a 10 to 15 mm lower suspension along with a lift kit option would be enticing. Can't deny that. The car could look a bit tougher. Been there done that lowering with AM suspension and never again. If it ain't from the factory forget it.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:17 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why doesn't Porsche offer this??

Originally Posted by speed21
I'm with you on this meaker. Whilst I am super happy with mine as it is ( I mean how couldn't you be lol) a car of this value ought to have options. Like many here, I changed my system ( I used the Europipe) and couldn't be happier. That was a top mod, really worthwhile even though the car wasn't that bad stock. An option of a 10 to 15 mm lower suspension along with a lift kit option would be enticing. Can't deny that. The car could look a bit tougher. Been there done that lowering with AM suspension and never again. If it ain't from the factory forget it.
Exactly! Offering these options to save from bolting on aftermarket parts would be great. Just wish Porsche would offer this on their turbos

Quick Reply: Why doesn't Porsche offer this??