Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo/turbo S residuals/depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 01:01 PM
aoysgelt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo/turbo S residuals/depreciation

Does anyone know what are 991 Turbo/Turbo S 2 year residuals? 5 and 10k miles/year.

What would be reasonable first year depreciation? 15-20%?

Thank you
Old 06-30-2015, 07:35 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking at prices online it 15-20% as soon as you drive off the lot lol. These cars are not holding there value very well. It seems today that only Porsche gt models retain there value really well and that's mostly because they are hard to get. Looks like most one year old cars with standard mileage have gone down around 25% the first year. Make sure you get a big discount up front.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Looking at prices online it 15-20% as soon as you drive off the lot lol. These cars are not holding there value very well. It seems today that only Porsche gt models retain there value really well and that's mostly because they are hard to get. Looks like most one year old cars with standard mileage have gone down around 25% the first year. Make sure you get a big discount up front.
Agreed.

Looks like %25 in year 1 is a good bet. Plenty of '14 TTS's out there with < 5,000 miles for $150K. I was going to order new, but the $50K hit is more than I can handle. I'm looking at used and waiting for the right options to come along.

I just don't have the energy to get in the GT3 frenzy. 18 months ago they were all getting recalled for engine fires, now people are going bat**** crazy over them. My local stealership has a '15 with 4K miles on the clock listed at $30K over MSRP.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In order to resurrect the TT/S market, Porsche must come out with a manual.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawsofpower
In order to resurrect the TT/S market, Porsche must come out with a manual.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:06 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
dork's response
You guys are so immature. Tons of unsold TT/S on the lots and online. The car is pricey and frankly, a manual is the push that can move this car. As many have stated, the car can be a bit boring yet fast. GFY
Old 07-04-2015, 05:48 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

You guys are so immature. Tons of unsold TT/S on the lots and online. The car is pricey and frankly, a manual is the push that can move this car. As many have stated, the car can be a bit boring yet fast. GFY
Yep! Well said. Most of the people buying turbos today are the type that like to tell others "it's a turbo"!
Old 07-04-2015, 09:43 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Yep! Well said. Most of the people buying turbos today are the type that like to tell others "it's a turbo"!
And just how do you know that so you can stereotype all 911 Turbo buyers? Furthermore, what gives you the right to stereotype 911 Turbo buyers when you are a 911 owner yourself?
Old 07-05-2015, 03:53 AM
rolling porsche
Intermediate

I dont get why people dont have a turbo, but come over to the turbo forum to demean the turbo and the turbo owners, like the car is boring and the comments like above.
I dont understand....
Old 07-05-2015, 07:38 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought my 14 TTS new knowing it would take a depreciation hit that I would expect would not have happened as much with the GT3. But I wanted a TTS and am happy with my decision. Most expensive cars take a big depreciation hit. I am sure the 991 GT3 RS will go up in value and can be flipped for a nice profit but good luck getting one new from a dealer.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by rolling porsche
I dont get why people dont have a turbo, but come over to the turbo forum to demean the turbo and the turbo owners, like the car is boring and the comments like above.
I dont understand....
It's a car. No one is talking about your kids. It's not that serious.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:45 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default True enough

Aftermarket value of 991 TT/TTS is not surprising for a couple of reasons: many do not know much about them if questions from local PCA members are any indication and there were a lot of 14's and 15's produced. My guess is that the AM price stabilizes in a year or so. Might also note the the base price of '16's was not increased as was the case with '15's. Don't know about '16 allocations, but my sense is that there will be fewer than built for MY 2015.
Regarding MT, it will not happen. PDK's are versitle and fast or they would not have been put in the GT3RS.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Aftermarket value of 991 TT/TTS is not surprising for a couple of reasons: many do not know much about them if questions from local PCA members are any indication and there were a lot of 14's and 15's produced. My guess is that the AM price stabilizes in a year or so. Might also note the the base price of '16's was not increased as was the case with '15's. Don't know about '16 allocations, but my sense is that there will be fewer than built for MY 2015.
Regarding MT, it will not happen. PDK's are versitle and fast or they would not have been put in the GT3RS.
I disagree. Out of all variants, the 911 TT is one in which most folks have some recollection of. Once you start talking about the C4S's GT3 RS's, for example, that's where you lose most folks. The TT Is a known car. That said, financially, it's still the most expensive of all 911 variants to date. That's one issue. The second is, the performance may be overkill to most and the fact that a manual is obsolete is certainly undermining the market. keep in mind that the 911 TT is a road car by design so it can still have a manual. The GT3/RS is track-specific so I understand why it would be solely equipped with PDK.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:29 PM
rolling porsche
Intermediate

I just dont understand people like you, dont have a turbo, saying people immature, saying turbo is boring. Not talking about your kids not even your car. What made you to come in making non value added opinions? Go discuss something matter to you.
Oh, I said i dont understand doesnt mean I care much, I will stop here.

Agreed the TT will depreciate at least 25-30% 1st year. 50% over 3.5 year
Love the car, understand how much to pay to play before is important
Old 07-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by rolling porsche
I just dont understand people like you, dont have a turbo, saying people immature, saying turbo is boring. Not talking about your kids not even your car. What made you to come in making non value added opinions? Go discuss something matter to you.
Oh, I said i dont understand doesnt mean I care much, I will stop here.

Agreed the TT will depreciate at least 25-30% 1st year. 50% over 3.5 year
Love the car, understand how much to pay to play before is important
Damn you're emotional. "People like me"? What, car enthusiasts. If you can read, I called the guy immature because all he offered was a picture for his response. What I've heard and read from FELLOW Porsche owners, is that the TT can be a bit boring to drive. Do you need a tissue?

Quick Reply: Turbo/turbo S residuals/depreciation