Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo/turbo S residuals/depreciation

Old 07-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Before you correct another person's grammar, make sure your own house is in order, Einstein. It's actually "depreciating," not depreciation, but I digress.

In a single thread you have managed to have confrontations with three different people, and you are the only common element. Take a look at yourself, and your personal issues should be readily apparent. Get yourself a life, then maybe you won't have to Troll on this Forum for lack of anything better to do. One day, you can join the grown ups when you learn to play nice.

But don't worry, High School is back in session in a few weeks, if you've gotten that far yet.
The higher the price point for a particular car, the lower the IQ. I've had more stimulating discussions on Subaru forums. Lol but, I digress. Your idiotic point is moot simply because you turned a blind-eye to the person who initially made this thread confrontational. You should be less concerned with me and more pissed at your "depreciation" asset.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Qualified
Source: http://jalopnik.com/2014-porsche-911-turbo-s-the-jalopnik-review-1575123502

"Here's an issue that you're all going to ridicule me for: This car is just too fast to be usable in the real world. Around town and at low speeds, the Turbo S is boring. You can be in sixth at 30 MPH and accelerate without downshifting. Running it to redline in first or second will be enough to put you behind bars. In a non-track scenario, it's fun merging on highways or exiting slow corners in a low gear on boost.

In reality, no matter how much you say it in the comments, you won't be doing launch control starts everyday, you won't be going 125 on your favorite backroads, you won't be on Route 80 going 150 with no worries. You'll be stuck in traffic.

Objectively on numbers and visceral feel at full throttle, the Turbo S is one of the most manic acceleration experiences on the market. In the real world it's more than adequate, if a bit boring at legal speeds."
Old 07-06-2015, 09:31 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawsofpower
You can label me a troll but, from my experience on car forums, that's usually a defense mechanism for people who see anonymity as power, and are insecure whenever their beloved car is criticized. The fact remaines...the TT depreciation is horrible and many units are unsold. Cars.com has over 400 new ones available. Troll that!
Man, you are a legend in your own lunchtime. My advice: get yourself a better paying job.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by speed21
Man, you are a legend in your own lunchtime. My advice: get yourself a better paying job.
Thanks for making yourself and your pals look extremely insecure. As I stated earlier, I've read many accounts the car may be a bit boring. Now, what are you going to cry about, troll?

Qualified
Source: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html;jsessionid=w0jzznk8opti1nsa1itk9nxi2?vs=0

"On the Autobahn, the car is almost boring"
Source: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo/330222-991-turbo-i-fear-may-boring.html

However, I feel that the car is boring. Almost dull?
Old 07-06-2015, 11:55 AM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The higher the price point for a particular car, the lower the IQ. I've had more stimulating discussions on Subaru forums. Lol but, I digress. Your idiotic point is moot simply because you turned a blind-eye to the person who initially made this thread confrontational. You should be less concerned with me and more pissed at your "depreciation" asset.
Keep it going, little boy, I can do this all day. If you need some extra money, maybe I'll hire you to pressure wash my house or cut my grass on my estate where I keep my "depreciating" asset. You are an immature fool. Grow up!
Old 07-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Keep it going, little boy, I can do this all day. If you need some extra money, maybe I'll hire you to pressure wash my house or cut my grass on my estate where I keep my "depreciating" asset. You are an immature fool. Grow up!
Keep ignoring my "qualifying" sources which pretty much silences all of you crybabies. Keep going.

Lol. Now this clown is so upset I posted links substantiating my original claim, he's moving the topic to money to hide even more of his insecurities. Lmao.

I bet you have a receding hairline, and wear Teva sandals along with some cheesy Oakley sunglasses in your depreciating asset, too. Moron.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:48 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Keep ignoring my "qualifying" sources which pretty much silences all of you crybabies. Keep going.

Lol. Now this clown is so upset I posted links substantiating my original claim, he's moving the topic to money to hide even more of his insecurities. Lmao.

I bet you have a receding hairline, and wear Teva sandals along with some cheesy Oakley sunglasses in your depreciating asset, too. Moron.
No one is laughing with you..........we are laughing at you. Signing off.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:04 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, and if this doesn't validate my point of most turbo owners I don't know what does. And I certainly can "afford" a turbo S if I wanted one before you come back with the other typical line of "well you can't afford one anyways". This thread was started with the question of how this car depreciates. The short answer is not very well. That doesn't mean one shouldn't buy one. It's a great car! But if one is only going to own this car for only a couple of years like most people, you will be better off buying a slightly used one because there is a lot of value in that decision. If you are going to buy a new one or a custom order try to get as much off as possible.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Wow, and if this doesn't validate my point of most turbo owners I don't know what does. And I certainly can "afford" a turbo S if I wanted one before you come back with the other typical line of "well you can't afford one anyways". This thread was started with the question of how this car depreciates. The short answer is not very well. That doesn't mean one shouldn't buy one. It's a great car! But if one is only going to own this car for only a couple of years like most people, you will be better off buying a slightly used one because there is a lot of value in that decision. If you are going to buy a new one or a custom order try to get as much off as possible.
If you own a 911, then you are just stereotyping yourself. How can you stereotype 911 Turbo owners? Are you saying that 911 owners like yourself are any different? That is the pot calling the kettle black.

You are into a six figure depreciating asset either way, 911 or 911 Turbo. I bought my TTS because I wanted the acceleration and power it has, not because I wanted to tell anyone "it's a Turbo." I never volunteer price or what it is to anyone I meet. I happily talk cars with anyone, and anyone knowledgable enough to recognize a 911 Turbo knows it is pricey to begin with.

Anyone buying any car should realize that the more expensive it is, the greater the first year depreciation you will see in it with very few exceptions. That is a given, and should be common sense to anyone buying a car in this price bracket. You decide if it is worth the price of admission and go from there.

You are not some Troll that reads a single review and tries to present it as fact. You are a 911 owner with real experience with the car you post about. Big difference.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

No one is laughing with you..........we are laughing at you. Signing off.
Why are you still mad? A man, which you clearly aren't, wound acknowledge the links I posted and address them. A respected authority, Jalopnik, referred to the Turbo as "boring", are they trolls? Stop being a baby and refute those links, or go hang yourself already. And I too have a 991 so wtf are you talking about?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:27 PM
speed21
Banned

Thanks for making yourself and your pals look extremely insecure. As I stated earlier, I've read many accounts the car may be a bit boring. Now, what are you going to cry about, troll?

Qualified
Source: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1....1itk9nxi2?vs=0

Source: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ay-boring.html
Your attempts at gaining/claiming the high ground are clearly not working. Your repetitious use of words such as insecurity, anonymity, crying etc are also contradictory - being behind your behavior here. I hope you realize that. Yes it really is that obvious.
Best you troll on back to the Subaru forums where you say you feel more at home. Meanwhile I and others here will continue to enjoy our "boring" depreciating assets.

Out of curiosity. What Porsche model do you own? Is it 1:43 or 1:18?

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Wow, and if this doesn't validate my point of most turbo owners I don't know what does. And I certainly can "afford" a turbo S if I wanted one before you come back with the other typical line of "well you can't afford one anyways". [/B]This thread was started with the question of how this car depreciates. The short answer is not very well. That doesn't mean one shouldn't buy one. It's a great car! But if one is only going to own this car for only a couple of years like most people, you will be better off buying a slightly used one because there is a lot of value in that decision. If you are going to buy a new one or a custom order try to get as much off as possible.
So now you've kindly stereotyped 991 turbo owners, what label are you going to place on yourself and 991GT3 owners?

Also didn't hear anyone saying you couldn't afford a turbo but evidently a new one is too painful for you going by your own words. Please try to understand and accept that not all of us feel financial pain in the same way you evidently do. You see if it wasn't for new car buyers you would never be able to access used. Ever thought of that? Btw did you buy your 991GT3 new or used?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Your attempts at gaining/claiming the high ground are clearly not working. Your repetitious use of words such as insecurity, anonymity, crying etc are also contradictory - being behind your behavior here. I hope you realize that. Yes it really is that obvious.
Best you troll on back to the Subaru forums where you say you feel more at home. Meanwhile I and others here will continue to enjoy our "boring" depreciating assets.

Firstly, you have nothing of any value to add to this thread/topic so perhaps you should just remain silent and scoot back into your cave. Secondly, what's up with all of these reinforcements coming out of the woodwork. Yes! Insecurity. Any grown *** man could stand toe-to-toe and debate a topic without getting their feeling hurts simply because the facts are hard to swallow. I challenge your herd-mentality *** to refute what I posted and to address the horrible depreciation of the TT/S and the common opinion that the car can be a snooze. You can't! You'd rather turn this into Personal attacks because frankly that's all you have. Lastly, I never stated I feel more at home on any other forum. I said, I've had more stimulating conversations on Subaru forums where the maturity level seems far more superior than the clowns here who have consistently avoided addressing the topic straightforward but instead want people to think they're living on Estates just because they drive a nice car. Lmfao!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:54 PM
speed21
Banned

Firstly, you have nothing of any value to add to this thread/topic so perhaps you should just remain silent and scoot back into your cave. Secondly, what's up with all of these reinforcements coming out of the woodwork. Yes! Insecurity. Any grown *** man could stand toe-to-toe and debate a topic without getting their feeling hurts simply because the facts are hard to swallow. I challenge your herd-mentality *** to refute what I posted and to address the horrible depreciation of the TT/S and the common opinion that the car can be a snooze. You can't! You'd rather turn this into Personal attacks because frankly that's all you have. Lastly, I never stated I feel more at home on any other forum. I said, I've had more stimulating conversations on Subaru forums where the maturity level seems far more superior than the clowns here who have consistently avoided addressing the topic straightforward but instead want people to think they're living on Estates just because they drive a nice car. Lmfao!!!
Are you always this boring and predictable? You seem to be getting angry that your "laws of power" are not working lol!

Now c'mon lad (or is it lass) fess up and tell us all here what Porsche (you say) you own? Scale etc?

Please remember little tacker however little you may feel I have contributed here, you have in fact contributed infinitely less. From where I stand I at least I own a new 991tts and am thoroughly enjoying it for what it is, depreciation and all. Now other than you making a complete mutz out of yourself your contribution has to date (very evidently) been based purely upon your scorn, envy and jealousy of 991tt/tts owners. That is hard to miss.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Don't play with me, boy.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 PM
speed21
Banned

Don't play with me, boy.

So these are your mamma's and dadda's cars? Ok. Now let's see yours. I can hardly wait.

So far i'm not all that excited about what you are showing here. Kind of really bored actually.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo/turbo S residuals/depreciation