Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo/turbo S residuals/depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 01:46 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawsofpower
I disagree. Out of all variants, the 911 TT is one in which most folks have some recollection of. Once you start talking about the C4S's GT3 RS's, for example, that's where you lose most folks. The TT Is a known car. That said, financially, it's still the most expensive of all 911 variants to date. That's one issue. The second is, the performance may be overkill to most and the fact that a manual is obsolete is certainly undermining the market. keep in mind that the 911 TT is a road car by design so it can still have a manual. The GT3/RS is track-specific so I understand why it would be solely equipped with PDK.
You have obviously never driven a 911 Turbo in full Manual mode. Farthest thing from boring, as entertaining as any MT you can find, and quicker shifting.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
You have obviously never driven a 911 Turbo in full Manual mode. Farthest thing from boring, as entertaining as any MT you can find, and quicker shifting.
Don't take it up with me. Take it up with fellow Porsche owners who stated that! Learn to read.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Don't take it up with me. Take it up with fellow Porsche owners who stated that! Learn to read.
http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=896

The 911 has sold more each year for some time, including the 2013-2014 difference when Porsche switched from a manual-available 997 Turbo to a PDK only 991 Turbo. It appears Porsche knows what they are doing and studies their markets. I'm sure the 997 owners selling to buy 991s are glad there's people out there like you, passionate about manual transmissions and looking to buy their older cars.

If you listened to your "fellow Porsche owners" who stated that the GT3 PDK-only situation was a disaster, that wouldn't explain why the cars are sold off of lists and commanding a premium over MSRP used.

I'd recommend you "Learn to read" too, but I don't want to come across as a Youtube commenter that doesn't own any of the cars in question.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by Visceral
http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=896

The 911 has sold more each year for some time, including the 2013-2014 difference when Porsche switched from a manual-available 997 Turbo to a PDK only 991 Turbo. It appears Porsche knows what they are doing and studies their markets. I'm sure the 997 owners selling to buy 991s are glad there's people out there like you, passionate about manual transmissions and looking to buy their older cars.
Porsche knows their market, huh? How do YOU explain the plethora of unsold TT then? Fluke? I'm talking leftover '14 models too! A dealer I spoke with implied Porsche is offering great deals to move these models since the sales appear stagnant. Don't take this personally. Moreover, is this a case of Porsche knowing their market or simply eliminating choices for the perspective buyer? Of course. Those with deep pockets will compromise when needed. Your admission still does very little to address the topic. Please.

If you listened to your "fellow Porsche owners" who stated that the GT3 PDK-only situation was a disaster, that wouldn't explain why the cars are sold off of lists and commanding a premium over MSRP used.
Brilliant. You just identified a nitch vehicle that has historically held its value very well. Again, the PDK-only situation was addressed above. If the GT3 came with a hamster wheel for an engine it would still sell out. It's a far more desirable vehicle. Hands down. And most, I would argue, agree that the price point is fairly matched.

I'd recommend you "Learn to read" too, but I don't want to come across as a Youtube commenter that doesn't own any of the cars in question.
I recommend you, along with your pals, become less territorial about what you drive and be more open-minded during discussions. It's very feminine to act that way. And my garage is fine as far as I'm concerned. Cheers!
Old 07-05-2015, 06:14 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Get some actual experience before commenting on things you know absolutely nothing about. If you spew sh*t out your mouth like you do, man up and take responsibility for your statements instead of posting your comments then telling responders to take it up with others.

Grow up!
Old 07-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

I recommend you, along with your pals, become less territorial about what you drive and be more open-minded during discussions. It's very feminine to act that way. And my garage is fine as far as I'm concerned. Cheers!
"Discussions" don't contain personal insults.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Get some actual experience before commenting on things you know absolutely nothing about. If you spew sh*t out your mouth like you do, man up and take responsibility for your statements instead of posting your comments then telling responders to take it up with others.

Grow up!
What exactly are you upset about? The fact remains...the TT depreciates like hot horse Sh*t. Fact! The car is still wonderful. Secondly, i've read that the TT can be a bit boring. Call that subjective or whatever, but the car is still wonderful. How about you inject less emotional and fake outrage next time?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by Visceral
"Discussions" don't contain personal insults.
Point me to an insult?
Old 07-05-2015, 09:33 PM
991TurboS
Racer

What exactly are you upset about? The fact remains...the TT depreciates like hot horse Sh*t. Fact! The car is still wonderful. Secondly, i've read that the TT can be a bit boring. Call that subjective or whatever, but the car is still wonderful. How about you inject less emotional and fake outrage next time?
I could care less about first year depreciation on a car. That is a fact for any new car buyer with few exceptions. Not pertinent to this post.

But you are simply regurgitating what you claim to have read. You have no factual supporting information for your claim of poor Turbo sales. You have no hands on experience with a PDK 911 Turbo. You have nothing. And your first post was:

"In order to resurrect the TT/S market, Porsche must come out with a manual."

Qualify your statements as to where they come from first, and you might get some respect. Otherwise, what you say has zero credibility with actual owners that really do have experience with the car. That is the difference between Posting on a forum and Trolling a Forum.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:42 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hasn't been much of interest going on here of late hence my absence, but i'll bite here...plus I have a little time to kill at the minute, so here goes.

Lawsofpower, You haven't driven the car yet cast opinion on behalf of fictitious persons? Who are these persons exactly? Perhaps let's analyse their agenda.
Now while you are trying to come up with some credible names, watch the Harris youtube on his track experience in 991 tts. Didn't hear him say it was boring, in fact quite the contrary In so far as your claim that a manual version will "fix sales" - as a previous manual die hard, even if they offered manual I would would walk away and take the pdk hands down. My bet is Porsche knew this. That said maybe they should have made a handful as demo's and left them at the dealers for buyers to make their own evaluation.

frstporsche: Not sure why you are crapping in your own nest here but my guess is you are upset because tt owners bought the car you wish you had. You own a current GT3, which is PDK (not manual) and come onto the TT sect to offer props to a troll? Having driven a 991 GT3, as good as it is as a car, i do know it lacks the punch of the TT and has less creature comforts - so please tell me how the car is boring? You have my curiosity...
Old 07-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

I could care less about first year depreciation on a car. That is a fact for any new car buyer with few exceptions. Not pertinent to this post.
You could care less? It's actually "couldn't care less" but, I digress... depreciation is pertinent to the thread topic the OP began with. Get on board. And to lie that you don't care about how much money you lose on an already depreciation asset is a bold-faced lie conveniently stated to further your asinine point I'm sure.

But you are simply regurgitating what you claim to have read. You have no factual supporting information for your claim of poor Turbo sales. You have no hands on experience with a PDK 911 Turbo. You have nothing. And your first post was:
You have zero information stating otherwise. And your post is completely absent of any mentioning of your experience with the car. Therefore, we are at an impasse. Seems like you're even more of a bigger troll.

Yes. I'm certain if I claimed the TT/S was the best driving experience known to mankind, you'd be less emotional because it fits nicely into your narrative. If we as car enthusiasts can accept hearsay, anecdotes and other people's experiences on an array of topics, which we commonly do, why can't you on this topic?

"In order to resurrect the TT/S market, Porsche must come out with a manual."

Qualify your statements as to where they come from first, and you might get some respect. Otherwise, what you say has zero credibility with actual owners that really do have experience with the car. That is the difference between Posting on a forum and Trolling a Forum.
An independent statement doesn't have to be qualified as I am only representing myself. All you did was run your mouth and offered nothing worthy of a rebuttal. I will state it again: if the 911 TT/S was offered in a 7-speed Manual, sales would be greater and depreciation would be less. Troll.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:38 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by speed21
Hasn't been much of interest going on here of late hence my absence, but i'll bite here...plus I have a little time to kill at the minute, so here goes.

Lawsofpower, You haven't driven the car yet cast opinion on behalf of fictitious persons? Who are these persons exactly? Perhaps let's analyse their agenda.
Now while you are trying to come up with some credible names, watch the Harris youtube on his track experience in 991 tts. Didn't hear him say it was boring, in fact quite the contrary In so far as your claim that a manual version will "fix sales" - as a previous manual die hard, even if they offered manual I would would walk away and take the pdk hands down. My bet is Porsche knew this. That said maybe they should have made a handful as demo's and left them at the dealers for buyers to make their own evaluation.

frstporsche: Not sure why you are crapping in your own nest here but my guess is you are upset because tt owners bought the car you wish you had. You own a current GT3, which is PDK (not manual) and come onto the TT sect to offer props to a troll? Having driven a 991 GT3, as good as it is as a car, i do know it lacks the punch of the TT and has less creature comforts - so please tell me how the car is boring? You have my curiosity...
You are the typical clown who suffers from elitism and uses it to mask your insecurities. Assuming no one but current owners are allowed into a particular sub-forum. How old are you? I go wherever my opinion takes me. I guarantee you, most folks online don't even own half of the cars they claim.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:43 AM
991TurboS
Racer

You could care less? It's actually "couldn't care less" but, I digress... depreciation is pertinent to the thread topic the OP began with. Get on board. And to lie that you don't care about how much money you lose on an already depreciation asset is a bold-faced lie conveniently stated to further your asinine point I'm sure.
Before you correct another person's grammar, make sure your own house is in order, Einstein. It's actually "depreciating," not depreciation, but I digress.

In a single thread you have managed to have confrontations with three different people, and you are the only common element. Take a look at yourself, and your personal issues should be readily apparent. Get yourself a life, then maybe you won't have to Troll on this Forum for lack of anything better to do. One day, you can join the grown ups when you learn to play nice.

But don't worry, High School is back in session in a few weeks, if you've gotten that far yet.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:05 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are the typical clown who suffers from elitism and uses it to mask your insecurities. Assuming no one but current owners are allowed into a particular sub-forum. How old are you? I go wherever my opinion takes me. I guarantee you, most folks online don't even own half of the cars they claim.
Anyone is welcome except trolls like yourself. You like to think you are the "Laws of power"? Lol....what a fantasy. Talk about being an elitist ****. If you were any further up yourself you'd turn yourself inside out. Try and prize your hand off it jerk off ( i know - it's a big ask) and get the F out of here.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by speed21
Anyone is welcome except trolls like yourself. You like to think you are the "Laws of power"? Lol....what a fantasy. Talk about being an elitist ****. If you were any further up yourself you'd turn yourself inside out. Try and prize your hand off it jerk off ( i know - it's a big ask) and get the F out of here.
You can label me a troll but, from my experience on car forums, that's usually a defense mechanism for people who see anonymity as power, and are insecure whenever their beloved car is criticized. The fact remaines...the TT depreciation is horrible and many units are unsold. Cars.com has over 400 new ones available. Troll that!

Quick Reply: Turbo/turbo S residuals/depreciation