Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

I inherited a complete OEM stock exhaust...

Old 05-16-2015, 02:35 PM
2doubledS
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I inherited a complete OEM stock exhaust...

now what do I do with it?

The long story:
https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...lp-please.html
Old 05-16-2015, 03:06 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Looks like a Turbo S exhaust due to the black tips.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:40 PM
2doubledS
AutoX

Thank you. Any idea of demand/price for something like this? I am completely clueless and would appreciate any advice.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:07 PM
PMNewton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry to hear about your brother. That is a Turbo S exhaust judging by the black tips. Not many folks want a stock exhaust. The cats are worth some money due to the precious metal content but otherwise I'm not sure what you could do with it.

I have a black Turbo (non S) with chrome tips and I've always wanted the black ones. I would be happy to swap them, swap them plus cash or maybe outright buy the tips from you. Let me know if you want to work something out.

- Patrick
Old 05-16-2015, 04:19 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You are most likely looking for someone who installed an aftermarket exhaust and now is selling the car and wants to go back to stock (and didn't keep their stock system). Or someone trying to rebuild a salvage car.

I suspect that some people will be interested in the tips like PM Newton. Not sure what the market will be for the other parts. You can see retail prices at Suncoast but will probably get much less than that.

You might check with a Porsche dealer or performance shop that deals with Porsches.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:19 PM
2doubledS
AutoX

Originally Posted by PMNewton
Very sorry to hear about your brother. That is a Turbo S exhaust judging by the black tips. Not many folks want a stock exhaust. The cats are worth some money due to the precious metal content but otherwise I'm not sure what you could do with it.

I have a black Turbo (non S) with chrome tips and I've always wanted the black ones. I would be happy to swap them, swap them plus cash or maybe outright buy the tips from you. Let me know if you want to work something out.

- Patrick
Thank you, Patrick. If I decide to part it, you've got dibs on the tips. John
Old 05-16-2015, 11:20 PM
2doubledS
AutoX

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
You are most likely looking for someone who installed an aftermarket exhaust and now is selling the car and wants to go back to stock (and didn't keep their stock system). Or someone trying to rebuild a salvage car.

I suspect that some people will be interested in the tips like PM Newton. Not sure what the market will be for the other parts. You can see retail prices at Suncoast but will probably get much less than that.

You might check with a Porsche dealer or performance shop that deals with Porsches.

Good luck!
Thank you for the info!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I inherited a complete OEM stock exhaust...