Sponsored by: Road Spy

Goin2drt's 991TT Cab Journey

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 06:53 PM
crs2pepper
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Well I stated in my first post that I would not be doing any modifications. oops, I lied. I got a great deal on a set of TechArt springs and I was getting tired of all the gap so she went under the knife yesterday. I was a little nervous.

Thanks to Eric at Supreme Power in Placentia for taking care of my ride.

After driving it around a bit this weekend I will report on the ride. The ride home was no different then before. Felt the exact same as stock.
nice running into you the other day, car is looking great with the springs!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by crs2pepper
nice running into you the other day, car is looking great with the springs!
Nice meeting you and thanks for the deal on the springs.

They past the wife test. We went to a PCA-OCR event on Saturday and I wouldn't tell her what I did to the car until about the last stop. It passed the test because if it was a rougher ride, it would have been a deal breaker. No such luck, that thing drove just like stock. Just no 4X4 gap so that was awesome.

Here are a few pics from the day. Got to see some AMAZING cars.
Name:  1a.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  199.8 KB

Name:  2a.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  342.1 KB
Old 09-05-2015, 01:46 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Well I took the car into the dealer today for it's one year oil change. I spent plenty of time talking to my service guy about next mods to the car. The dealer is very involved with our PCA region so I feel the relationship is a good one so far.

He told me that I will, and more importantly they will, not have a problem if I do the following mods. As a matter of fact I think I am going to even have them do them. All I have to do is buy the parts.

I also liked the fact he had no real skin in the game from a product standpoint. He recommended doing the Fabspeed exhaust but only the X pipe. He did not recommend the 200cel cats as they will prematurely wear out the O2 sensors at a few bucks to replace. He also recommended the IPD plenum. That to he was ok with and recommended for the best HP for the buck. So off I go shopping for the best deal on parts. Stay tuned.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:59 AM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I took the car into the dealer today for it's one year oil change. I spent plenty of time talking to my service guy about next mods to the car. The dealer is very involved with our PCA region so I feel the relationship is a good one so far.

He told me that I will, and more importantly they will, not have a problem if I do the following mods. As a matter of fact I think I am going to even have them do them. All I have to do is buy the parts.

I also liked the fact he had no real skin in the game from a product standpoint. He recommended doing the Fabspeed exhaust but only the X pipe. He did not recommend the 200cel cats as they will prematurely wear out the O2 sensors at a few bucks to replace. He also recommended the IPD plenum. That to he was ok with and recommended for the best HP for the buck. So off I go shopping for the best deal on parts. Stay tuned.
Just had my first oil change, took it to an independent shop in Tulsa. Rennsport has a wealth of experience working on Porsche's and thought what they charged was very fair. I was talking to the owner of the shop and we were talking about AM exhausts and he highly recommended Fabspeed. Said the quality of their exhaust was a cut above the other exhausts, in sound and quality of material. He did however recommend staying with the stock CATS. But I noticed on Fabspeed's web site they do not offer an exhaust without their 200 cell CATS. Not sure why, I've emailed them.

BTW, NAPA is running a month long Mobil1 special on full synthetic at $5.99/qt, even for their 5W50 which is what I switched to.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:17 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by GrandLaker
Just had my first oil change, took it to an independent shop in Tulsa. Rennsport has a wealth of experience working on Porsche's and thought what they charged was very fair. I was talking to the owner of the shop and we were talking about AM exhausts and he highly recommended Fabspeed. Said the quality of their exhaust was a cut above the other exhausts, in sound and quality of material. He did however recommend staying with the stock CATS. But I noticed on Fabspeed's web site they do not offer an exhaust without their 200 cell CATS. Not sure why, I've emailed them.

BTW, NAPA is running a month long Mobil1 special on full synthetic at $5.99/qt, even for their 5W50 which is what I switched to.
Fabspeed will get back to you. They do have just the X Pipe with the use of the stock cats. Also not sure why not pictured but they got back to me.

I got my first oil change ( one year, 6K miles) for $271 out the door. Not sure if it is good or not but I was happy to get it done at the dealer. Another well known performance shop quoted me $280. Any time I can get dealer service for the price of an after market place, I will pick the dealer, just me.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:33 PM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have have rather taken it to the local Porsche dealer as well but they were over twice the price. Next oil change I'll be doing myself too.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:48 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

I took a trip to Vegas this weekend. First roady on the new Techarts. It really drove nice. No issues at all. The look is better with no 4X4 gap and other than having to take a few driveways a little slower, no other adverse effects.

Then she needed a little detail. Used the Menz 4000 and Collinite 915. Second time using this combo and really liking it. Also needed to re-do the Raggtopp treatment on the roof.

Name:  IMG_1045.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  358.6 KB
Old 09-17-2015, 03:56 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

After lots of debate, questions, contemplating I have decided to go with BBI for my exhaust. I will be doing the tips in the ceramic black option and couldn't be more excited to trust my baby with the team over there.

Stay tuned for updates and pics....
Old 09-17-2015, 04:34 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

After lots of debate, questions, contemplating I have decided to go with BBI for my exhaust. I will be doing the tips in the ceramic black option and couldn't be more excited to trust my baby with the team over there.

Stay tuned for updates and pics....
Goin2drt,

Great detailed story and you were not exaggerating when you said this is your dream car that you will plan to keep forever! We are definitely excited to be part of this exciting journey!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 09-27-2015, 05:12 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Default Under the knife

Say goodbye to these.
Name:  FullSizeRender-3.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  28.9 KB
She goes in under the knife this week. Dropping her off tomorrow at bbi. Very excited.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:35 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts
Default BBi Autosport Porsche 991 Turbo Cab Exhaust Installation

Rennlist Members,

The installation is currently in progress, and here are some pictures of the process that we would like to share.

OEM bumpers, wing assembly, tailights, and heat shield carefully removed.

New BBi Autosport 991 Turbo Exhaust waiting to be installed.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 09-30-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:29 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Oh yeah. So excited. See you Friday.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 AM
powderzone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread goin2drt and thanks for sharing. Earlier this evening after a spirited drive through the mountains, my buddy and I were discussing which cars we would order for EU delivery. Over the past few months with all of the madness surrounding GT3 prices, we both started thinking about the GTS. But after seeing your car....I think the turbo is the solution. Fast as hell. Gorgeous. Great handling. AND I can stay in a cab.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:55 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Yes on the 991 TT/TTS

Originally Posted by powderzone
Great thread goin2drt and thanks for sharing. Earlier this evening after a spirited drive through the mountains, my buddy and I were discussing which cars we would order for EU delivery. Over the past few months with all of the madness surrounding GT3 prices, we both started thinking about the GTS. But after seeing your car....I think the turbo is the solution. Fast as hell. Gorgeous. Great handling. AND I can stay in a cab.
Yes on the cab. Also, you will hang with the 991 GT3's in corners with no contest on the straights. Also, the TT/TTS is an amazingly comfortable touring car, especially with the 18-way seats. It just gets the job done with little drama.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:51 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by powderzone
Thank you. You can't go wrong with the Turbo. Seeing all the ED threads my wife and I are going to do a Macan ED in 2017.

Quick Reply: Goin2drt's 991TT Cab Journey