Sponsored by: Road Spy

Sharkwerks 991 Turbo (S) exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 08:27 PM
khiroshima
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4S
. . . . you have to either go catless (a real no-no in California) or use their hi-flow cats, but that gets very pricey. So for now I'll just stick with SW.
Yep, in CA, SW is the right answer . . . Great exhaust and I would do it again-- KH
Old 02-06-2019, 10:11 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I happen to have a Sharkwerks exhaust, sadly just removed from my 17 TTS, and it's available...actually the exhaust and the now stock TTS. PM me if interested. I'll be setting up some items for sale in the marketplace soon. Including: Sharkwerks exhaust, HRE P101 wheels, Cobra Misano seats with sub-strap pass-thru in black leather with silver cross stitching, TechArt springs, Schroth harnesses (2 years old, no accidents) and a few other smaller things.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:11 AM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyc151
I happen to have a Sharkwerks exhaust, sadly just removed from my 17 TTS, and it's available...actually the exhaust and the now stock TTS. PM me if interested. I'll be setting up some items for sale in the marketplace soon. Including: Sharkwerks exhaust, HRE P101 wheels, Cobra Misano seats with sub-strap pass-thru in black leather with silver cross stitching, TechArt springs, Schroth harnesses (2 years old, no accidents) and a few other smaller things.
PM sent
Old 04-05-2019, 12:58 AM
amhtsai
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have installed Sharkwerks exhaust on my 2017 TT this week. However not 100% I’m liking the exhaust note. I mean in Sport mode; it sounds great, but on Sport+ I feel the gear shifting seems off somehow. With the stock exhaust it’s quick and all. Most videos I’ve watched are TTs, does that make a difference?
Old 04-05-2019, 02:50 AM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by amhtsai
I have installed Sharkwerks exhaust on my 2017 TT this week. However not 100% I’m liking the exhaust note. I mean in Sport mode; it sounds great, but on Sport+ I feel the gear shifting seems off somehow. With the stock exhaust it’s quick and all. Most videos I’ve watched are TTs, does that make a difference?
With the onset of torque earlier in the RPM range with any after market sports exhaust not just Sharkwerks it can lead to a not so nice hit of torque which confuses PDK ECU etc. It should hopefully adapt after you put a few more miles on but I was warned about this by Stef at Europipe before purchasing EP2.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:22 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by amhtsai
The exhaust only gives out what the engine is giving it, and I never noticed a sound change between Sport and Sport+. More importantly, Sport+ does shift much later in the rev range, but that's not a function of the exhaust at all.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:32 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,462 Posts

Bumping this thread back to life...

My Sharwerks exhaust has just arrived and I'll be installing it in the next week or so. Right now I'm running the stock exhaust (way too quiet) with cat bypass pipes (makes the exhaust better, but still way too muted).

I have to decide wether to do the initial install of the Sharkwerks keeping the cat bypass pipes or go back to the stock cats. I have no complaints running catless in general, my O2 extenders have prevented any codes and I'm happy with the other trade-offs.

Performance wise, obviously nothing is going to flow better than cat bypass and the more or less straight pipe design of the Sharkwerks, just a question if it will be TOO much without the additional muffling effect of the stock cats.

Before pic:

Last edited by pfbz; 04-27-2021 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:42 PM
M3S3R
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running Sharkwerks exhaust with Cat Bypass pipes. Love the sound and with ECU Tuning group ecu tune the car is a different animal over stock.
The following users liked this post:
pfbz (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 10:05 PM
Beezupra
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

If cat delete + Sharkwerks isn't too much, you will have proved the theorem that if some is good, more is even better

Last edited by Beezupra; 04-27-2021 at 10:06 PM.
pfbz (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 05:13 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,850 Likes on 2,932 Posts

If your ears can manage it, run open all the way...

Old 05-05-2021, 08:58 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,462 Posts

I know this post is duplicated in a couple of other thread, but it certainly belongs here as well...

-----------

I just put my Sharkwerks exhaust on today... Cliff notes version, I LIKE IT!

Here are the iterations I've tried so far:
  • Originally full stock. *Way* too suppressed. More hoover than exhaust.
  • Then stock exhaust with cat bypass. Big improvement over stock, though still pretty mellow. Definitely more pops and burbles.
  • Now Sharkwerks with stock cats back in. Better still... I thought the Sharkwerks would be pretty sharp and loud as they are essentially a straight-pipe design, one reason I put the stock cats back on, but not so. Very pleasant inside the car, definitely a lower, deeper tone, almost no resonance/drone, pronounced burble and pop on decel
Pretty happy with it! Such a light, simple design that installs easily and works quite well.

PS, we did the install without removing the rear bumper. With a lift it is *definitely* possible to remove the stock exhaust and install another. The only even slightly challenging part is working the stock exhaust out of the car. You kind of have to pry it down a slight bit, the exhaust mount flexes slightly, and it comes right out.

First cold start video of the exhaust below. Some of the vapors coming out at first are a bit of residual PB Blaster blowing out.... I'll try and get a few more videos after fully warmed up and inside the cabin.

Sharkwerks exhaust, stock cats, cold start:

And a BIG thanks to @Beezupra for helping with the install!
Beezupra (05-06-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 05:26 PM
Deckard
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I know this post is duplicated in a couple of other thread, but it certainly belongs here as well...

-----------

I just put my Sharkwerks exhaust on today... Cliff notes version, I LIKE IT!

Here are the iterations I've tried so far:
  • Originally full stock. *Way* too suppressed. More hoover than exhaust.
  • Then stock exhaust with cat bypass. Big improvement over stock, though still pretty mellow. Definitely more pops and burbles.
  • Now Sharkwerks with stock cats back in. Better still... I thought the Sharkwerks would be pretty sharp and loud as they are essentially a straight-pipe design, one reason I put the stock cats back on, but not so. Very pleasant inside the car, definitely a lower, deeper tone, almost no resonance/drone, pronounced burble and pop on decel
Pretty happy with it! Such a light, simple design that installs easily and works quite well.

PS, we did the install without removing the rear bumper. With a lift it is *definitely* possible to remove the stock exhaust and install another. The only even slightly challenging part is working the stock exhaust out of the car. You kind of have to pry it down a slight bit, the exhaust mount flexes slightly, and it comes right out.

First cold start video of the exhaust below. Some of the vapors coming out at first are a bit of residual PB Blaster blowing out.... I'll try and get a few more videos after fully warmed up and inside the cabin.

Sharkwerks exhaust, stock cats, cold start:

And a BIG thanks to @Beezupra for helping with the install!
Sounds great! Any videos of the sound at WOT? Considering getting one for my 991.1 cab.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:33 PM
SilveRT8
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Deckard
Sounds great! Any videos of the sound at WOT? Considering getting one for my 991.1 cab.
No video, but I have one on my 991.2 Cab and it's perfect !
Sounds better live than on this video

Last edited by SilveRT8; 05-14-2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:25 AM
kakimoto1978
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[ЦИТАТА=CMS;12451070]Ссылка ниже описывает систему Sharkwerks для 991 turbo. Дайте нам знать, чем мы можем помочь. На складе, готовый к немедленной отправке.

http://www.competitionmotorsport.com...14-SW991TT.htm[/QUOTE]
Сколько сейчас стоит выхлопная труба. Я хочу взять его на свои 991,1 тонны. И как с вами можно связаться для совершения покупки.

​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks 991 Turbo (S) exhaust