Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Sharkwerks 991 Turbo (S) exhaust (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/865627-sharkwerks-991-turbo-s-exhaust.html)

CMS 07-22-2015 11:35 AM

The link below summarizes the Sharkwerks system for the 991 turbo. Let us know how we can help. In stock ready for immediate shipping.

http://www.competitionmotorsport.com...14-SW991TT.htm

Need4S 07-22-2015 04:37 PM

The SharkWerks exhaust is truly terrific. I've been able to drive it for a few days now, and I can say the videos don't really do it justice. It sounds even better in person. The actual performance differences are small, but I also notice that the turbos spool a bit more quickly and I find myself not needing to dip into the throttle as much as before because the power seems come in just a tick more responsively. At first I thought this was just because I had heard that mentioned, but I looked at the mpg reading today and there is a 1-2 mpg improvement over my same commute with about the same traffic. No one gets these exhausts to improve fuel economy, of course, or for performance improvement (even an added 15 hp is less than 3% of the hp output) but the improvement in mpg is an indication that the freer flow is helping. Highly recommend this to every 991 Turbo/S owner.

Dan@SharkWerks 07-22-2015 07:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it! Your car looked great in blue! :rockon:

Randyc151 07-24-2015 01:06 PM

Picture...finally

1 Attachment(s)
I mentioned that my dealer had trouble getting both of the factory tips to line up flush with the back of the car as it comes from the factory. Originally, to keep them centered up, one side would fit flush while the other stuck out about 1 inch. We finally decided to just mount both tips sticking out about 1 inch, because I think it looks badass, and way better than factory anyway. I'm confident others can get them both flush with some slight additional work, but I didn't want to keep paying the shop rate for the local dealer to screw with it the rest of the afternoon. $$$

Here's how it looks on my car.

sharkster 07-24-2015 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Randyc151 (Post 12456966)
I mentioned that my dealer had trouble getting both of the factory tips to line up flush with the back of the car as it comes from the factory. Originally, to keep them centered up, one side would fit flush while the other stuck out about 1 inch. We finally decided to just mount both tips sticking out about 1 inch, because I think it looks badass, and way better than factory anyway. I'm confident others can get them both flush with some slight additional work, but I didn't want to keep paying the shop rate for the local dealer to screw with it the rest of the afternoon. $$$

Here's how it looks on my car.

hi randy thanks so much for the feedback and glad you're enjoying it;) What we have found is that a lot of the tips from the factory have been tightened/clamped down pretty hard on to the stock exhaust and so they almost need to be 'bumped' back up if you will (expanded) in order to go back on the whole outlet;)

Cm09578 09-03-2015 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 12457038)
hi randy thanks so much for the feedback and glad you're enjoying it;) What we have found is that a lot of the tips from the factory have been tightened/clamped down pretty hard on to the stock exhaust and so they almost need to be 'bumped' back up if you will (expanded) in order to go back on the whole outlet;)

yes, I ran into this on the install...other than that the exhaust sounds amazing! thanks Sharkwerks!

CMS 09-05-2015 02:41 PM

Systems in stock for immediate shipping guys.

CMS 10-13-2015 11:46 PM

991TT systems back in stock. Let us know how we can help. :thumbsup:

kyrocks 10-15-2015 08:59 PM

Just got mine installed today. It transforms the car!

JUPJAI 10-16-2015 03:03 AM

Just ordered!

WCH BOS 10-16-2015 09:09 AM

I've had my Sharkwerks exhaust on for 4 months and it's exactly what I wanted. No drone but more oomph when you get on it.

I also had some trouble getting the tips to line up and ended up having them stick out like the picture above. I'm sure you could get it to fit flush by opening up the various connections but I didn't have the tools myself and didn't want to pay someone else to play with it since I like the extended look.

sharkster 10-16-2015 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by kyrocks (Post 12675314)
Just got mine installed today. It transforms the car!

That's good to hear mate! I remember you from the 997 gt3 days so thanks for stickin' wit us;)!

CMS 10-20-2015 04:29 PM

Porsche 911 Twin TurboS Sharkwerks Installation

8 Attachment(s)
Another Sharkwerks TTS exhaust install. We have 1 left in stock. Let us know how we can help :thumbsup:

altonj 10-21-2015 01:58 AM

We just installed one as well. Perfect fit and excellent sound/performance. Customer is thrilled.

Cheers

The New 911 10-24-2015 10:53 AM

One thing all of these exhaust videos should have is have a Camera in the car with the Windows rolled down and a chase car with a camera, again with the windows rolled downed while Driving Into A Tunnel with a Good Downshift. Now that is sublime. Lots of Tunnels around Berkeley up North in California.