Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   KLINE INNOVATION introducing 991TT exhaust system (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/856632-kline-innovation-introducing-991tt-exhaust-system.html)

Felix_Kline 02-02-2015 01:54 PM

KLINE INNOVATION introducing 991TT exhaust system

4 Attachment(s)
Introducing the Kline 991 turbo exhaust, available in stainless steel or Inconel 625, with HJS HDPE motorsport catalysts, or De-cat for optimum performance during track use.

Based upon the success and design innovations seen in our 996 and 997 turbo systems, 1D CLR X pipe, and incorporating an effective gas overflow system.
All our systems have become renowned for their very quiet, zero drone cruising sound, yet a raised pitched, incendiary aggressive sound in high revs under hard throttle, and the 991 turbo is no exception
The Inconel version now weighs in at just 7.4 Kg and incorporates our proprietary ceramic filled silencers for extra longevity and weight reduction. The Inconel silencer section has a 99 year warranty.

Manifolds will be available shortly, weighing in at just 1.45 KG each in Inconel 625
Total weight of factory setup 26.5 Kg
Total weight of Kline Inconel 10.3 Kg
Total weight saving of 16.2 Kg or 61 percent

Aerospace grade carbon fiber tails are in development, and will mean an extra 2.0 Kg weight saving bringing the total to 18.2kg or 40.1 lbs. weight saving from the very rear of your car. To put this into context of weight distribution for cornering, using basic moments of force calculations, this is like removing around 50Kg from the rear passenger seat, which significantly improves handling.

Performance gains TBC, but we expect around 35-45 HP from our decat variant, with an extra 8-9 Hp from the equal length manifolds
All our exhausts are covered by complete customer support, as well as a satisfaction guarantee, we aim to make you happy!

Feel free to contact me on PM or email Felix@kline-innovation.com

http://www.kline-innovation.com/exha...era/991-turbo/

Mc11 02-02-2015 02:14 PM

Any Videos ?

AndrewP 02-02-2015 05:42 PM

Interesting hp gain claims, especially in view of the many discussions about such gains after the 991 TT/TTS ECU adjusts to the different pressure/temp. of a non-stock exhaust system. Also, a good sound clip of exterior and interior at highway speed and under acceleration/deceleration would be helpful. Thank you.

Felix_Kline 02-05-2015 02:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We are putting together a sound compilation. Ready soon!

First pics of 991TT 3D desing for Kline carbon tails >>

gsc 04-24-2015 10:37 AM

Any news on a sound compilation or videos?

PMNewton 04-24-2015 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by gsc (Post 12230412)
Any news on a sound compilation or videos?

I have the Kline stainless system with 100 cell cats installed and some basic sound recording equipment. I am currently awaiting one of Kline's first sets of equal length headers to arrive and then I will get some material posted on the major Porsche sites. What I can tell you from driving this for awhile is that it is very similar to the Europipe car that I rode in before buying. The tone is deep and brassy and you can actually hear the individual beats of the exhaust pulses. It makes a really nice burp on startup and settles into a distant staccato patter that is very unobtrusive.

Under load, you better be awake! There are three distinct layers to the sound under hard acceleration. You can clearly hear the turbo spool, then the mufflers start to resonate nicely starting a crescendo roar until it's joined by the rushing sound of air being crammed into the intake. It really is cool! The best part is that it absolutely still sounds like a flat 6 rather than trying to impersonate a muscle car.

Don't even get me started on the burbles with the 100 cell cats. It makes PSE seem like a pea shooter. I uncorked it in a tunnel last weekend with the sunroof open and my wife started clapping. That should say a lot...

In summary, the car sounds like a $175k apex predator sports car should sound while still retaining some German sensibility. I should also add that I have subjected it to some very unorthodox driving conditions in an attempt to make it misbehave and I have been completely unable to make it drone or resonate.

- Patrick

gsc 04-24-2015 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by PMNewton (Post 12230629)
I have the Kline stainless system with 100 cell cats installed and some basic sound recording equipment. I am currently awaiting one of Kline's first sets of equal length headers to arrive and then I will get some material posted on the major Porsche sites. What I can tell you from driving this for awhile is that it is very similar to the Europipe car that I rode in before buying. The tone is deep and brassy and you can actually hear the individual beats of the exhaust pulses. It makes a really nice burp on startup and settles into a distant staccato patter that is very unobtrusive.

Under load, you better be awake! There are three distinct layers to the sound under hard acceleration. You can clearly hear the turbo spool, then the mufflers start to resonate nicely starting a crescendo roar until it's joined by the rushing sound of air being crammed into the intake. It really is cool! The best part is that it absolutely still sounds like a flat 6 rather than trying to impersonate a muscle car.

Don't even get me started on the burbles with the 100 cell cats. It makes PSE seem like a pea shooter. I uncorked it in a tunnel last weekend with the sunroof open and my wife started clapping. That should say a lot...

In summary, the car sounds like a $175k apex predator sports car should sound while still retaining some German sensibility. I should also add that I have subjected it to some very unorthodox driving conditions in an attempt to make it misbehave and I have been completely unable to make it drone or resonate.

- Patrick

Thanks. Are you still able to hold a decent conversation while driving or is it too loud? What made you consider this over any other brands?

PMNewton 04-24-2015 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by gsc (Post 12230730)
Thanks. Are you still able to hold a decent conversation while driving or is it too loud? What made you consider this over any other brands?

It's as tame as a kitten! No issues at all when driving around. The volume is load dependent so the system is only as loud as you provoke it to be.

I chose the Kline system after a few conversations with Sam at By Design Auto (SamboTT@bydesign). I was convinced that I wanted the Europipe system but at the time it was $4,900. Sam contacted me and told me that Felix Kline was trying to break into the 991 Turbo scene and needed a few buyers that were willing to share their experience so I gave it a shot. I also liked the idea of going with a smaller name manufacturer.

Another factor was the promise of matching equal length headers so I agreed to assist with their development. I mailed my stock ones to Romania so that Felix and his crew could do their modeling and make their assembly jigs from a stock part.

All in all, I'm very glad I chose the Kline system!

- Patrick

jem7v 04-24-2015 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by gsc (Post 12230730)

I can second this. I have their 997 inconel system on my tts. Albeit mine is 200 cell cats. It's really quiet just driving around town. It's probably more quiet than the OEM exhaust. You can hear the engine more than the exhaust in normal mode below 2k rpm.

It really needs to be taken above 2k rpm and be in sport mode to get sound. It's very nice.

IMO bbi, europipe, and kline all sound very similar. And I'm assuming that is just the characteristic of the x pipe design with this particular engine. Where they really differ is in volume and tone. Europipe is very deep while kline is very high pitched (at least for inconel). I don't mean like ferrari/lambo high pitched, but it's higher than europipe. Then bbi is right in the middle. Speaking of ferrari and lambo you should check out their inconel videos of those. It's probably the greatest exhaust sound in the universe. Even their inconel for the 991 911 C2S sounds like an F1 car.

I'm really curious to hear their 2.75 inch or 3 inch 200 cell systems. It's a great exhaust and very beautiful. It's a shame it goes underneath the car where no one can see it. It should be displayed like on pagani's :)

Not to mention and I can't say this enough, Felix and Christian probably give you the best customer service in the industry, hands down, period.

Felix_Kline 08-10-2015 05:42 AM

Courtesy to a customer in Bahrain >>

991TTS sound >>
https://vimeo.com/135846695

Inconel headers
Inconel decat pipes
Inconel X pipe system

High revs sound coming soon!

www.kline-innovation.com

Zero911 08-10-2015 08:17 PM

Would be great to hear with stock headers/cats too.

Felix_Kline 08-11-2015 03:43 AM

With stock headers the sound will be close, 10% difference. The main achievement is power gain with our headers.
We don't plant to make a system to fit oem catalyst. At special request we can of course do it, but then you loose all the fun and power feel :)

Zero911 08-11-2015 12:42 PM

Sorry that was a typo. I meant stock headers and your high flow cats. The decat I would expect changes the volume noticeably.

Felix_Kline 08-11-2015 03:19 PM

Yes, decat makes it 20% more naughty. But both 100 cell and 200 cell sound amazing, especially in high revs.

Meanwhile another inconel header set has been shipped to US :thumbup:

PMNewton 08-11-2015 07:43 PM

So the inconel headers fit the U.S. cars but the stainless ones don't?

- Patrick