991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Well, that's cleaned up

Old 01-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great and your car looks amazing in yellow!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:43 PM
DaveChapin
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandLaker
Damn that looks nice! I'd do the same but would be afraid it would start coming up after a few years. I got a quote from someone who specializes in garage floors and their quote was more than the RaceDeck product so I'm torn on what direction to go for my floor.
If you are OK with the look of the RaceDeck, that stuff looks indestructible.

I read up a little on the spec data sheet from the actual manufacturer of the materials my firm used. I now actually know what the stuff was (down to the package #). The manufacturer recommends inspection of the top coat every 4 years and they recommend refreshing the top coat depending on how it's holding up to the wear at that time. This involves doing some sanding and then applying the desired top coat material (which in my case is a clear, glossy polyurea formulation). This is why it's good to have a thick top coat (one reason my contractor put down two instead of one layers for me as it turns out), kind of like a good thick clear coat on your paint.

Anyway, it also speaks to the long term cost for a floor like this to keep it looking completely new over the long term. Shove an additional $300 to $400 or so for each of those re-coatings if you expect a lot of wear.

My old floor was not put down with anywhere near the professionalism these new guys used; still I wonder how the floor would have turned out if I had resealed the old floor with a fresh top coat periodically over the years.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 PM
viperz06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got the same floor, excellent and wears very well! Congrats!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:53 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Love the yellow with the gray floor. Want to decorate my house?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well, that's cleaned up