Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

991 turbo with AM exhaust

 
Old 12-31-2014, 11:20 AM
  #1  
viperz06
User
Thread Starter
 
viperz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 89
Default 991 turbo with AM exhaust

Would love to hear from someone that has done this mod. Thinking about it but advice from dealer is to just leave it alone. Interested in how happy you are with the mod, etc.. THANKS.
viperz06 is offline  
Old 12-31-2014, 04:38 PM
  #3  
viperz06
User
Thread Starter
 
viperz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 89
Default

Yes I did a search and read them all but did not find one on a 991 turbo so thought I would ask. I have been on forums for years and know to check the search option before posting. Thanks
viperz06 is offline  
Old 12-31-2014, 08:05 PM
  #4  
MMH78
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Default

I have 2015 TT like yours. I did capristo exhaust on my TT. I love the sound and flexibility of not raising the sound all time. There was a concern of warranty but I got lifetime warranty from Scuderia exhaust system (England).
MMH78 is offline  
Old 12-31-2014, 10:27 PM
  #5  
cweed
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
cweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VT
Posts: 249
Default

Check 6 speedonline , Speed 21 did a Europipe on his. Seems quite happy with it.
cweed is offline  
Old 12-31-2014, 11:16 PM
  #6  
sdg1871
User
 
sdg1871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Posts: 788
Default

Originally Posted by cweed View Post
Check 6 speedonline , Speed 21 did a Europipe on his. Seems quite happy with it.
I am getting Europipe as well. Normal volume in normal but 20 percent louder than stock in sport/sport plus. Exactly what I want. Don't want super loud. Primary want freer flow for GIAC Stage 2 ECU flash.
sdg1871 is offline  
Old 12-31-2014, 11:37 PM
  #7  
Mark Currie
User
 
Mark Currie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 25
Default

I went with GMG exhaust. Quality of welds and fit/finish is nothing short of pristine. Sound level suits the car - nice bump in dB but not loud. I would highly recommend their product and service. I will be adding headers this spring - from GMG
Mark Currie is offline  
Old 12-31-2014, 11:40 PM
  #8  
sdg1871
User
 
sdg1871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Posts: 788
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Currie View Post
I went with GMG exhaust. Quality of welds and fit/finish is nothing short of pristine. Sound level suits the car - nice bump in dB but not loud. I would highly recommend their product and service. I will be adding headers this spring - from GMG
Yes the weld quality of the GMG exhaust products looks stellar. Their products are expensive and they look the part. I went with Europipe but considered GMG and Tubi.
sdg1871 is offline  
Old 01-01-2015, 01:18 AM
  #9  
enzom
User
 
enzom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 315
Default

Satisfied Europipe customer here. Can't speak to other quality systems like GMG. Haven't heard it in person.
enzom is offline  
Old 01-01-2015, 02:02 AM
  #10  
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 12,998
Default

The 991tt sounds so good stock, I'd leave it alone. All AM systems sound the part IMO. Not to mention warranty concerns, check with your dealer first.
TT Surgeon is offline  
Old 01-01-2015, 08:15 AM
  #11  
sdg1871
User
 
sdg1871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Posts: 788
Default

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon View Post
The 991tt sounds so good stock, I'd leave it alone. All AM systems sound the part IMO. Not to mention warranty concerns, check with your dealer first.
My main motivation for the aftermarket exhaust is freeing up the flow for the GIAC Stage 2 ECU flash rather than a desire for more noise.
sdg1871 is offline  
Old 01-01-2015, 11:30 AM
  #12  
disden
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,585
Default

Anyone try Sharkwerks exhaust? I too would like an AM exhaust, but that's all- not headers, ect ect... Simply want just a tad more growl, I don't want to look like a fan boy teen Honda driver with a wing on it.
disden is offline  
Old 01-01-2015, 04:06 PM
  #13  
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 12,998
Default

Originally Posted by sdg1871 View Post
My main motivation for the aftermarket exhaust is freeing up the flow for the GIAC Stage 2 ECU flash rather than a desire for more noise.
I understand your point, but do you really need the ecu and exhaust on the 991tt?
They are dramatically different from the vacuum cleaner 997tt. At 560hp stock, I'm not sure adding 30 more hp is worth toasting the warranty on a 200k car. Just another point of view, note I've modded every turbo I've had, not anti mod, but the 991 is considerably more complex and expensive than any of its ancestors. Just food for thought.
TT Surgeon is offline  
Old 01-01-2015, 05:25 PM
  #14  
sdg1871
User
 
sdg1871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Posts: 788
Default

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon View Post
I understand your point, but do you really need the ecu and exhaust on the 991tt?
They are dramatically different from the vacuum cleaner 997tt. At 560hp stock, I'm not sure adding 30 more hp is worth toasting the warranty on a 200k car. Just another point of view, note I've modded every turbo I've had, not anti mod, but the 991 is considerably more complex and expensive than any of its ancestors. Just food for thought.
I totally understand your point.

The gain is about 30 bhp with the GIAC Stage 1 and no exhaust. GIAC Stage 2 with exhaust is more than double that -- about 70 bhp. I want the extra power and understand the risk. But I stop at bolt ons. No turbo upgrade for me. Now that shortens engine/drivetrain life.

Last edited by sdg1871; 01-03-2015 at 05:04 PM.
sdg1871 is offline  
Old 01-02-2015, 03:16 AM
  #15  
speed21
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,453
Default

Originally Posted by viperz06 View Post
Would love to hear from someone that has done this mod. Thinking about it but advice from dealer is to just leave it alone. Interested in how happy you are with the mod, etc.. THANKS.
Very happy here! I so look forward to driving this car! Loveee it!!

I hear what TTsurgeon Chris says about 991tt being a great sounding car out of the box however his opinion comes from being a short term test pilot and not an owner. I too was initially satisfied as a test pilot but since becoming an owner I was always finding myself wanting during the drive. I kept thinking this car can be better and would be more enjoyable with a bit more gusto in the engine note, especially on hot idle and when the hammer dropped. I mean the car, as good as it is, does sound a bit of a light weight for such a heavy hitter of this level of pedigree. No escaping that fact and the longer you own and drive the car the more you will find yourself asking the same question. So if you are asking the same question over, then its telling you something....stop wasting time and jump into the pool immediately!!!!. So glad I did and I can honestly say that I would never go back to stock for the simple reason the car really does sounds so much better everywhere and everyone that hears it says exactly the same thing. Make 2015 an even better one! Happy new year to all of you!
speed21 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 turbo with AM exhaust


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: