Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

My 2014 991 TTS ("Redguts") Gets Modded by Detailing Dynamics

Old 01-05-2015, 09:31 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile

Detailing Dynamics is hard at work on the car and is installing the front and rear parking cameras and laser jammers/radar detector. So much hard labor. Here are the pictures of the car's current status.
Attached Images   
Old 01-06-2015, 10:23 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful
Old 01-06-2015, 10:46 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
Beautiful
Thanks! The NAV TV equipment is scheduled to arrive Wednesday and the modded rearview mirror on Friday. I might get the car back on Friday. Can't wait.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:37 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Cool

Detailing Dynamics continues to make progress on Phase 1 of the mods on my 991 Turbo S as documented in the attached pictures.

They have now installed the laser jammers, front camera and radar antenna in the front of the car. As you will see in the pictures of the front end, from left to right you are looking at: laser head, active cruise control sensor with front camera above, radar antenna and laser head.

Also, the black satin "Porsche 991 Turbo" and yellow colored "S" rear lettering is ready to be installed as you can see from the picture.

The completion date of Phase 1 will be early next week as they ordered the smokers kit from Porsche to give me a more finished look on the console (as well as a cover to go over the control center for the radar/laser). The smoker's kit retrofit pieces arrive Monday.
Attached Images    
Old 01-07-2015, 07:02 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Detailing Dynamics continues to make progress on Phase 1 of the mods on my 991 Turbo S as documented in the attached pictures.

They have now installed the laser jammers, front camera and radar antenna in the front of the car. As you will see in the pictures of the front end, from left to right you are looking at: laser head, active cruise control sensor with front camera above, radar antenna and laser head.

Also, the black satin "Porsche 991 Turbo" and yellow colored "S" rear lettering is ready to be installed as you can see from the picture.

The completion date of Phase 1 will be early next week as they ordered the smokers kit from Porsche to give me a more finished look on the console (as well as a cover to go over the control center for the radar/laser). The smoker's kit retrofit pieces arrive Monday.
Wow, it's beyond awesome! Thanks for sharing. My only thought is showing the "S" in red, but yellow is cool too.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:19 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by luvair
Wow, it's beyond awesome! Thanks for sharing. My only thought is showing the "S" in red, but yellow is cool too.
Thanks! Here is my rationale for yellow over rear on the exterior rear badging/lettering.

Yellow matches the color of the calipers. I am eliminating the red in the rear and going clear tail lights and clear third brake light on spoiler and basalt black painted plugs to replace the red rear reflectors. With these mods there is no red on the exterior. The orange side markers have also been replaced by clear LED replacements.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:57 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I should have known better as you have so creatively thought your special build. I admire how much you're enjoying the process! Congrats. Love to see someday.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:26 PM
MJM911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't wait to see this epic build completed. We will need lots of pictures!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:41 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by luvair
I should have known better as you have so creatively thought your special build. I admire how much you're enjoying the process! Congrats. Love to see someday.
Thanks! Honestly Eddie from detailing dynamics has really thought through the aesthetic mods such as the badge lettering colors. I did push for the front and rear cameras as I will have to park this car in New York City sometimes.

I'm more focused on/knowledgable about the performance mods which will be done in February after the Europipe arrives.

I am very happy with the work they've been doing on the car. I look forward to seeing the finished product as much as you.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:42 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MJM911
Can't wait to see this epic build completed. We will need lots of pictures!
Thanks. I'll keep taking pictures or having pictures taken.

The car will be at slipstream racing's roll out to reach out roll race event at Pocono Raceway on April 4. It will also be in goldrush rally 7 in June. Hope to see some of you there so we can make it the year of the Porsche.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:01 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Smile

Phase of the modding will end on Tuesday when I am picking up the car. New badging is now on the car's rear and DD has transformed the smoker's package that it added onto the car into the control center for the laser jammers and radar detector complete with laser jammer kill switch, USB port for the USB that transforms the laser jammers into parking sensors and radar detector control center. All of this of now hidden underneath the hinged OEM cover that comes as part of the smoker's package.

Just amazing work by Eddie and Matt of Detailing Dynamics.
Attached Images    
Old 01-10-2015, 12:34 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Detailing Dynamics has now finished installing the NAV TV front and rear camera and integrated them into the PCM. It works like a charm. Front camera activates when you press the rear defroster button twice. Rear camera activates when you shift into reverse. See the attached video YouTube video of it in operation in my car.

Also, Detailing Dynamics has created a laser/radar control center in the space created by the OEM smoker's kit that it retrofitted to the car (see picture). So hidden under the OEM hinged cover are: (1) a kill switch for the laser jammers; (2) a USB port into which you can place the flash drive that turns the laser jammers into parking sensors; and (3) a control panel for the Belltronics radar detector.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2015, 02:44 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks a great job man. With black the full wrap is essential imo. Minimum full front and P/protection. Not a fan of the clear tails at all though. The red tails really work well against the black imo. The yellow "S" is a nice touch on the rear and agree it is better than a red S. It isn't essential to match everything. There needs to be a play of colours going on to set it all off. Enjoy!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:21 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speed21
Looks a great job man. With black the full wrap is essential imo. Minimum full front and P/protection. Not a fan of the clear tails at all though. The red tails really work well against the black imo. The yellow "S" is a nice touch on the rear and agree it is better than a red S. It isn't essential to match everything. There needs to be a play of colours going on to set it all off. Enjoy!
Thanks! Yes Detailing Dynamics is doing an excellent job on the car. I like the clear tails/third brake light look but If I tire of it I can always change it back to stock red.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:20 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Thanks! Yes Detailing Dynamics is doing an excellent job on the car. I like the clear tails/third brake light look but If I tire of it I can always change it back to stock red.
I hear you on that, and it's an awesome car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2014 991 TTS ("Redguts") Gets Modded by Detailing Dynamics