Sponsored by: Road Spy

New DBM TT

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 11:00 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New DBM TT

I leased a Cayenne GTS at the beginning of the year for my wife. We both love it so much that it got me thinking about replacing my beloved E92 M3 with a 911. I was thinking about waiting for a C2 GTS with the aerocup package but when I added up the options I was getting within sight of a Turbo. After some back and forth put in an order for a 2015 991 Turbo:

Here's the build:

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Leather Interior in Agate Grey
Seat Heating (Front)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Sport Chrono Package
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
SportDesign Side Mirrors
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
Light Design Package
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
Premium Package Plus
SportDesign Steering Wheel in Alcantara®
Seat Belts in Silver Grey
Vehicle Key Painted
Ornamental Porsche Crest

The car was supposed to be built in early November and arrive in December but it showed up last week! I asked the dealer not to prep the car as it went straight to Rick at Unique Car Care for a full frontal wrap (Xpel Ultimate) and opticoat. Picked it up today.

Even though I only have about 60 miles on the car, it's just amazing. A real night and day difference from my E92 M3.

I've attached pictures at the dealer (see the poor white GT3 next to my car - it was completely covered in bird droppings from the port) and then one after the detail and wrap. Although I lust after the GT3, my rational side knows that a TT is a much better car for me and for driving in Boston.
Attached Images     
Old 11-22-2014, 11:36 PM
lordlush
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
I leased a Cayenne GTS at the beginning of the year for my wife. We both love it so much that it got me thinking about replacing my beloved E92 M3 with a 911. I was thinking about waiting for a C2 GTS with the aerocup package but when I added up the options I was getting within sight of a Turbo. After some back and forth put in an order for a 2015 991 Turbo:

Here's the build:

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Leather Interior in Agate Grey
Seat Heating (Front)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Sport Chrono Package
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
SportDesign Side Mirrors
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
Light Design Package
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
Premium Package Plus
SportDesign Steering Wheel in Alcantara®
Seat Belts in Silver Grey
Vehicle Key Painted
Ornamental Porsche Crest

The car was supposed to be built in early November and arrive in December but it showed up last week! I asked the dealer not to prep the car as it went straight to Rick at Unique Car Care for a full frontal wrap (Xpel Ultimate) and opticoat. Picked it up today.

Even though I only have about 60 miles on the car, it's just amazing. A real night and day difference from my E92 M3.

I've attached pictures at the dealer (see the poor white GT3 next to my car - it was completely covered in bird droppings from the port) and then one after the detail and wrap. Although I lust after the GT3, my rational side knows that a TT is a much better car for me and for driving in Boston.

Congratulations. Looks great, beautiful color and nice spec. Rick does a great job as well.

Don't worry about the white GT3, it came out fine.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...he-switch.html
Old 11-22-2014, 11:48 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Wow. Small world. Your car looks great. When I saw it, your car had been at the dealership for a few hours - they were moving cars around to get it cleaned right away as they didn't want the bird droppings to etch the paint. I'm interested to hear your impressions of driving it on our much less than perfect roads.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:03 AM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome color combo. Well done!
Old 11-23-2014, 10:57 AM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's have some more pictures after you get it home and have some work done on it. Looks good though, enjoy it while you can.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Fred Flintstone
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!!! Just like you -- I am coming off an E92 M3 (which I kept so far). It's sort of silly to say there is a world of improvement between a TT/TTS and an M3 - but there is. And, there should be. I still like the m3, but this car, rightfully so, is on a whole other level.

I picked up mine in early Nov and put 2,500 miles on it quickly. Then I bedded it down for the winter. Do you plan to drive yours all winter? The stock tires have very little grip in the cold -- which I found out all by myself.

Enjoy it! Nice build.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:20 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations. Beautiful build. Hope you got out today in the 50 degree weather we got after several sub-40 degree days. Also went to Rick for Expel Ultimate full front plus Opticoat when mine came in a month early in mid-July. Once you get winter tires on it should be good to drive around Boston until mid-March.
After 5,000 miles in in the TTS I decided to replace my DD A8 with a Pan GTS a couple of days ago instead of an S8. Nothing like a Porsche.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:02 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Congratulations. Beautiful build. Hope you got out today in the 50 degree weather we got after several sub-40 degree days. Also went to Rick for Expel Ultimate full front plus Opticoat when mine came in a month early in mid-July. Once you get winter tires on it should be good to drive around Boston until mid-March.
After 5,000 miles in in the TTS I decided to replace my DD A8 with a Pan GTS a couple of days ago instead of an S8. Nothing like a Porsche.
I did get out today - lots of fun.

Congrats on the Panny GTS - they had to move a GTS to get my car out when I picked up my TT. The Panny GTS really sounds aggressive.

For the winter, we have my wife's Cayenne GTS and I've got snow tires on my M5, which is my DD.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:06 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone
Nice!!! Just like you -- I am coming off an E92 M3 (which I kept so far). It's sort of silly to say there is a world of improvement between a TT/TTS and an M3 - but there is. And, there should be. I still like the m3, but this car, rightfully so, is on a whole other level.

I picked up mine in early Nov and put 2,500 miles on it quickly. Then I bedded it down for the winter. Do you plan to drive yours all winter? The stock tires have very little grip in the cold -- which I found out all by myself.

Enjoy it! Nice build.
Given that the TT is 2X what a E92 M3 goes for, I agree with you. That was why I was worried that a C2S or GTS, even if very different, wouldn't be as much as a step up as I would want for the difference in price.

My M5 is my DD so it has the snow tires. The TT, even though it is AWD, is not really the best car for me to cart my family around so it gets to stay warm in the garage once the snow arrives.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:11 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wrs
Let's have some more pictures after you get it home and have some work done on it. Looks good though, enjoy it while you can.
I'll take more pictures although I am going to keep the TT stock for now. I modded my M3 quite a bit and although it was fun, it was a bit of pain to put everything back to stock when I wanted to trade it. The Porsche option list is a pretty good substitute for mods since I was able to order what I wanted ala carte - though you pay for that priviledge. Your M5/TTS combo will be an impressive set of performers.

Last edited by WCH BOS; 11-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:43 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's a beauty! Loving the Dark Blue Metallic
Old 11-24-2014, 05:57 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Beautiful! I really like the color combo. Congrats!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:06 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
That's a beauty! Loving the Dark Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by eg991
Beautiful! I really like the color combo. Congrats!
Thanks. I was going to get Rhodium Silver and changed a couple of hours before the order locked. I'm really happy with the color.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 PM
MJM911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone

Enjoy it! Nice build.
I am keeping my 2011 E90 M3 despite picking up my 2015 TTS tomorrow. That naturally aspirated V8 still sounds great!!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Fred Flintstone
Advanced

Originally Posted by MJM911
I am keeping my 2011 E90 M3 despite picking up my 2015 TTS tomorrow. That naturally aspirated V8 still sounds great!!
Nice to hear that! I do like the M3 and being a manual, gives me that feel when i need it. But, the TTS is out of this world.

Quick Reply: New DBM TT