Sponsored by: Road Spy

PTS Hell: Ordered a TT instead.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts
Default PTS Hell: Ordered a TT instead.

I have been trying to get a C4S, then GTS4 built in PTS since last July with 3 delays until yesterday, when all PTS orders after December builds were cancelled for the rest of MY '15 (I had a "guaranteed" GTS4 PTS build in February until then). I cancelled the GTS order this AM and the dealer was able to get a TT allocation for March delivery. I'm bitter about not being able to get a car in Brewster Green, but at least I no longer have to agonize over MT v PDK.
Comments, positive or negative, very welcome. Order freezes sometime next week. I have made so many changes already, another one or two won't phase me or the dealer:
Base TT
Anthracite/Espresso/Cognac/deviating carpet in Espresso
Burmester (unbelievable side by side BOSE with DDD CDs)
Premium Package Plus
Delete Model Designation (Esoteric will remove "PORSCHE")
LEDs
Glass Sunroof
Power folding mirrors
Sport Chrono
Turbo wheels with colored crests
Luggage net
Smoking package
Light Design package
14 way seats
Center console trim painted
Sun visors in leather
Steering column casing in leather with deviating stitching in Cognac
Door sill guards in SS
Voice Control
Due in sometime in March. I'll drive it straight to Esoteric in New Albany without any dealer prep on the paint for full paint correction, clear bra and wheel treatment. Then off to Tint Guy in Cincinnati if Esoteric isn't comfortable with ceramic tinting. Haven't talked to Todd about that yet. It would be a nice day trip anyhow.
I have a few days to make changes, so feel free to pile on.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:12 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I went back and forth between the C4S and the Turbo.
A test drive in the mountains between the two made it clear the Turbo was the superior car for my needs. The NA motor was totally out of breath at 7500 feet despite having an X51 Powerkit. A good guess would be that it lost about 30% of it's horsepower.

So I just ordered a 2015 Turbo this morning in the same Anthracite Brown / Cognac Espresso interior you did which I think is a reserved but classy combination. I've seen it in person and it is so handsome it looks like it is dressed to go out to dinner!

My alternate color choice (still may change) is Guard's Red which is bright, racy and demands attention, a total opposite. Part of my problem is that I am unsure which interior will look best with red. I'm not a big fan of black being hot, showing dust and being very common. This leaves me with Luxor Beige/ black two tone, Agate Gray or Espresso as my likely choices.

Anybody have photos of red with one of these three different interiors?
Old 11-12-2014, 11:42 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice build. Did you consider headlight washers in exterior color?

I picked up my TT today, and it is going to go straight to the detailer for paint correction, clear bar etc.

I added the sport design mirrors but passed on the Burmester - which is better than the Bose but I was OK with the Bose for this car.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:08 AM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your order, looks great. There is NOTHING like walking out and staring at the wide *** of a turbo.
I had the steering column in leather on my last CS and it is a nice low price option that adds a lot of richness to the finish.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:45 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good decision on the TT. Like you, I first considered a C4S, but decided that the TTS gave me more than the price differential suggests. I also got Espresso/Cognac with deviated Espresso carpeting, although opted for Rhodium silver. Got Burmester and deleted model designation as well. I believe that you will be very happy with your decision. I ordered my 2015 TTS on April 15 and took delivery on July 15. Car was delivered about 4 weeks ahead of original build sheet ETA. I believe that others had the same earlier than estimated experience until the August factory closure for vacation. Until one has had a chance to drive a TT/TTS regularly it is difficult to convey how much difference there is between them and virtually everything else available.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I added the headlight washer covers in Anthracite and changed back (again) to Sport Design mirrors. Emailed the dealer a few minutes ago that I was finished with changes. I think it freezes next week, but I'm going to stop looking as of now.
Still disappointed about losing the Brewster Green, but the Anthracite is a pretty interesting color. My wife really liked the two tone natural leather interior in E/C, so we were working backwards from the interior to pick an exterior color.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by john weires
I went back and forth between the C4S and the Turbo.
A test drive in the mountains between the two made it clear the Turbo was the superior car for my needs. The NA motor was totally out of breath at 7500 feet despite having an X51 Powerkit. A good guess would be that it lost about 30% of it's horsepower.

So I just ordered a 2015 Turbo this morning in the same Anthracite Brown / Cognac Espresso interior you did which I think is a reserved but classy combination. I've seen it in person and it is so handsome it looks like it is dressed to go out to dinner!

My alternate color choice (still may change) is Guard's Red which is bright, racy and demands attention, a total opposite. Part of my problem is that I am unsure which interior will look best with red. I'm not a big fan of black being hot, showing dust and being very common. This leaves me with Luxor Beige/ black two tone, Agate Gray or Espresso as my likely choices.

Anybody have photos of red with one of these three different interiors?
I suggest you look up Eduardo's threads on Porsche Exclusive and read about the differences between "full leather" and "natural leather". IMO, the up charge for natural leather makes it a no brainer (as long as you like one of the colors/combos offered). I had natural leather in Espresso in my Boxster and it was super nice.
I personally think E/C would work with Guards, but in full disclosure I'm not a big fan of red. I would say Anthracite would be much less common, but the number of red 911s has certainly diminished over the years as well. If I were after a red, I would like the new Carmine. But with the untimely demise of PTS, that's not an option in a 991 right now.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:17 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This is going to be a stunning car. Like AndrewP and others, I started by looking at a C2S, C4S and GTS and concluded that the TT was worth the extra $$$. Yours will be unique even without the PTS.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:32 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great build! I traded my C2S in for a Turbo. You won't be disappointed!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eg991
Great build! I traded my C2S in for a Turbo. You won't be disappointed!
Thanks.
My first Porsche was an '88 turbo cab from 1991-96. Beast. I'm not worried about being disappointed even though I only got to drive the TTS. I'm pretty sure my right foot never reached the floorboard in that car.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:50 PM
08viper1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boost is the only way to go.....
Old 11-14-2014, 09:00 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

The turbo is another experience over 991 even with power kit and the jump is not too bad in fact . IMHO
You will be happier.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:14 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

My TT is much more fun than my C2S and I really liked the C2S.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:18 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Red exterior
Espresso interior
is very nice too
Old 11-15-2014, 10:12 PM
08viper1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first time you launch that Turbo and hold it down thru the quarter mile ,you will have a big smile on your face....

Quick Reply: PTS Hell: Ordered a TT instead.