System Reset Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 03:27 AM
jonnybravom3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System Reset Issue?

Hi all

Was just wondering how many of you had this issue. So when I bought the car, I went through all the settings and selected my preferences. However, every now and again, my chrono clock spins around and resets and certain preference settings that I made are reset to factory as well. In fact the only ones which I notice revert to factory are (1) wing mirrors don't fold up upon locking; and (2) interior lighting not coming on when opening the doors. So every now and again, on completely random occasions, I have to go into my dash menu and activate these settings again.

Normal or is there something wrong here?

Tks!

JB
Old 11-11-2014, 12:56 PM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No issues with mine doing that.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:09 PM
08viper1
Instructor

Mine stays the same...Have dealer check it....
Old 11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it possible that these kinds of settings are linked to a key? Do you always use the same keyfob?
Old 11-11-2014, 06:31 PM
jonnybravom3
Advanced

Originally Posted by enzom
Is it possible that these kinds of settings are linked to a key? Do you always use the same keyfob?
Yep I do use the same key always but I know where you're coming from.

Think I'll wait till I take her in for service then ask the dealer to reset my software. Not bothered to take her in now lol.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:45 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnybravom3
Yep I do use the same key always but I know where you're coming from. Think I'll wait till I take her in for service then ask the dealer to reset my software. Not bothered to take her in now lol.
There is a reset process that a tech can run in like ten minutes. If you are friendly with your dealer, you don't even need to make an appointment. They plug a computer into the OBD port and it resets all the modules. It is used to clear strange PCM malfunctions. May work for your issue.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:29 AM
jonnybravom3
Advanced

Originally Posted by enzom

There is a reset process that a tech can run in like ten minutes. If you are friendly with your dealer, you don't even need to make an appointment. They plug a computer into the OBD port and it resets all the modules. It is used to clear strange PCM malfunctions. May work for your issue.
Possibly will give it a shot! Thanks. I take it this isn't a common "glitch" on our cars then!

Quick Reply: System Reset Issue?