Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Can you put this mesh cover on a TTS? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/834580-can-you-put-this-mesh-cover-on-a-tts.html)

docmalone 09-17-2014 02:56 PM

Can you put this mesh cover on a TTS?

2 Attachment(s)
saw this at the dealership (gorgeous GT3) and this will certainly keep all the road debris from "getting down in there" on my TTS.

Whatta ya think?

TAch Miami 09-18-2014 02:05 PM

It's a good idea since damage from a single rock can result in an expensive repair and they also keep leaves and other debris out. Since they are stock on a GT3, we will have to wait for a 3-grille set for the front to be produced from some aftermarket source like Zunsport or make them ourselves.

YellowPMan 09-18-2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by TAch Miami (Post 11659027)
It's a good idea since damage from a single rock can result in an expensive repair and they also keep leaves and other debris out. Since they are stock on a GT3, we will have to wait for a 3-grille set for the front to be produced from some aftermarket source like Zunsport or make them ourselves.

I thought of these prior to getting my TTS delivered and asked if my supplying dealer would fit them...they refused due to the fact they reduce the air flow and would void any claim that could be traced back to the possible reduced air flow!!!! Usual stance!! But might be worth looking into a bit more..

TAch Miami 09-18-2014 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by YellowPMan (Post 11659079)
I thought of these prior to getting my TTS delivered and asked if my supplying dealer would fit them...they refused due to the fact they reduce the air flow and would void any claim that could be traced back to the possible reduced air flow!!!! Usual stance!! But might be worth looking into a bit more..

Zunsport was looking before for a 991 to size the Carrera grilles and found someone to volunteer their car for a free set. If you had some spare time, they could use your car to design something the turbo. Here's their address, which makes no sense to me, but doesn't look that far from London.

Zunsport Limited
Unit 13 Morgans Business Park
Bettys Lane
Norton Canes
Cannock
Staffordshire
WS11 9UU
United Kingdom

YellowPMan 09-18-2014 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by TAch Miami (Post 11659401)
Zunsport was looking before for a 991 to size the Carrera grilles and found someone to volunteer their car for a free set. If you had some spare time, they could use your car to design something the turbo. Here's their address, which makes no sense to me, but doesn't look that far from London.

Zunsport Limited
Unit 13 Morgans Business Park
Bettys Lane
Norton Canes
Cannock
Staffordshire
WS11 9UU
United Kingdom

Thanks buddy may be worth a call...thanks for the contact