Sponsored by: Road Spy

Trackday footage of my 991 turbo s

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:22 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackday footage of my 991 turbo s

Warm up lap and semi hot lap....had some real fun with the GT3 "I've got a trackday weapon" brigade...had great fun with the 458 Ferrari fully race prepared on slicks pass me on the video, later that day..

Old 09-16-2014, 05:05 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice driving, that's a gorgeous track!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:42 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes indeed, very nice driving and an awesome track! What was your speed on the straight? The rate at which you passed the GT3's was impressive.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:13 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice track, nice line!
I'm convinced that the 991tts is is the better track weapon vs a 991gt3.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:42 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Yes indeed, very nice driving and an awesome track! What was your speed on the straight? The rate at which you passed the GT3's was impressive.
Depended on my exit speed through the previous complex of bends but when carrying a good speed through I was hitting 140-156mph but I'm sure I could have pushed that more as still need more confidence to go faster in the corners...I'm sure if we could get 20" slicks the car would be incredible..I would love to know if anybody knows if these can be custom made..

Returning on 25/09 to silverstone so will try to post more clips.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:55 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Nice track, nice line!
I'm convinced that the 991tts is is the better track weapon vs a 991gt3.
Without a doubt!! It really is down to tyres..The 991 gt3 that was there was nowhere near the speed of our cars..ok that could be down to the driver , but even the 997 gt3 rs that was out on track ,was nowhere near the pace of our turbo s cars.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:41 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Use of slicks on the TTS voids the warranty because the "transverse acceleration values would jeopardize the adequate supply of oil to the engine" according to my owner's manual. Not sure if the Michelin tires that are on the GT3 would cause oil starvation.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:33 PM
MMH78
Instructor

Originally Posted by YellowPMan
Without a doubt!! It really is down to tyres..The 991 gt3 that was there was nowhere near the speed of our cars..ok that could be down to the driver , but even the 997 gt3 rs that was out on track ,was nowhere near the pace of our turbo s cars.
I am sure GT3 owner's will not be happy and will disagree with the above statement
Old 09-18-2014, 05:35 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Use of slicks on the TTS voids the warranty because the "transverse acceleration values would jeopardize the adequate supply of oil to the engine" according to my owner's manual. Not sure if the Michelin tires that are on the GT3 would cause oil starvation.

I have these Michelin sport cup 2 tyres on my tts...done 4 trackdays with zero issues ... These tyres for sure are the reason for the great track performance of the car.

With slicks you are right re oil starvation.but would like to test this to see..
Old 09-18-2014, 05:42 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMH78
I am sure GT3 owner's will not be happy and will disagree with the above statement
We all can't be happy..I'd like to think our tts are better faster nicer than the 918 but hey facts are facts

I can only comment on what I have experienced so far on track..

If I have offended any GT3 owners That was not my intention
Old 09-18-2014, 01:33 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

We all can't be happy..I'd like to think our tts are better faster nicer than the 918 but hey facts are facts

I can only comment on what I have experienced so far on track..

If I have offended any GT3 owners That was not my intention
One thing you will quickly learn here is to not feed the trolls.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:03 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by sportscentury
One thing you will quickly learn here is to not feed the trolls.

Very true..I said what I said from what I have experienced...
I think we all make our own opinions and thoughts from real life experiences, if next time I'm on track and I am proved wrong I will be the first to retract and reevaluate my thoughts and comments. I'm sure if you put a real pro in a basic 2s, I will be left wondering how is that possible..I'm no pro ..I have had 6 track days so still very green and the car is truly making me look better than what I am capable of with my little experience.

Maybe I am wrong and every GT3 driver who was on track with his car didn't really push it or maybe just lack of experience....or it could be what I said...with the same tyres the Tts is faster round Silverstone GP circuit..
Old 09-18-2014, 02:41 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Very true..I said what I said from what I have experienced...
I think we all make our own opinions and thoughts from real life experiences, if next time I'm on track and I am proved wrong I will be the first to retract and reevaluate my thoughts and comments. I'm sure if you put a real pro in a basic 2s, I will be left wondering how is that possible..I'm no pro ..I have had 6 track days so still very green and the car is truly making me look better than what I am capable of with my little experience.

Maybe I am wrong and every GT3 driver who was on track with his car didn't really push it or maybe just lack of experience....or it could be what I said...with the same tyres the Tts is faster round Silverstone GP circuit..
Yellow, you are equipped with a 991 TTS with 560hp and over 500lb-ft of torque. It is obviously the fastest, most powerful stock Porsche offered, with the exception of the 918. No reasonable GT3 owner is going to get his panties in a bunch over your rather benign comments above; and it's not like you went fishing with them in the GT3 section. This is the Turbo section after all, so do your thing and enjoy, and just ignore the occasional nonsense.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:48 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Yellow, you are equipped with a 991 TTS with 560hp and over 500lb-ft of torque. It is obviously the fastest, most powerful stock Porsche offered, with the exception of the 918. No reasonable GT3 owner is going to get his panties in a bunch over your rather benign comments above; and it's not like you went fishing with them in the GT3 section. This is the Turbo section after all, so do your thing and enjoy, and just ignore the occasional nonsense.
Thank you buddy...if you know me I'm not a type of guy who goes with the flow ,I say it how I see it...pissed of many people on route but I am made that way , and it's served me well through life so far , and too old now to change.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:21 AM
I'mAllIn
Rennlist Member

Nicely done! I assume your car is yellow, so why does the hood, oops bonnet, look blue?

Quick Reply: Trackday footage of my 991 turbo s