Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Blue painters tape I imagine.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:41 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Use of slicks on the TTS voids the warranty because the "transverse acceleration values would jeopardize the adequate supply of oil to the engine" according to my owner's manual. Not sure if the Michelin tires that are on the GT3 would cause oil starvation.
Wow, that ain't good!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:08 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I am a GT3 owner and slicks void our warranty as well. No doubt the turbo will be faster, we lack the PDCC and a lot of horses. I am curious if you guys have any comparison with the currnt GT3 regarding steering feel. I hate how the PDCC makes the car numb but I know it is faster. I head to Barber MP on thursday and will make the comparison myself but anyone here have seat time in both? I do love the power of the turbo on the straights great vid!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:52 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice track video. Track driving is all about the driver, it's all about carrying speed thru the turns. A pro driver in a 996 C2 could make us all look silly. The Porsche Sport Driving Schools are worth every penny, far better than any mod, highly recommended. A pro driver behind the wheel of a GT3RS on slicks would be eye opening to say the least.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:09 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Use of slicks on the TTS voids the warranty because the "transverse acceleration values would jeopardize the adequate supply of oil to the engine" according to my owner's manual. Not sure if the Michelin tires that are on the GT3 would cause oil starvation.
The wet sump 996 had the same warning, Porsche Motorsports offered an oiling upgrade kit, is there anything available for the 991?
Old 09-21-2014, 02:19 AM
MMH78
Instructor

Originally Posted by sportscentury
One thing you will quickly learn here is to not feed the trolls.
who you are calling trolls. Think twice before posting unnecessary, irritating comment. Don't consider your self as smart as..
Old 09-21-2014, 12:08 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Porsche DE

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Nice track video. Track driving is all about the driver, it's all about carrying speed thru the turns. A pro driver in a 996 C2 could make us all look silly. The Porsche Sport Driving Schools are worth every penny, far better than any mod, highly recommended. A pro driver behind the wheel of a GT3RS on slicks would be eye opening to say the least.
Agree. Speed is directly related to smoothness. I looked into the Porsche driving programs and as of a week or so ago they were booked solid for this year and I could not schedule any for next.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:17 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Agree. Speed is directly related to smoothness. I looked into the Porsche driving programs and as of a week or so ago they were booked solid for this year and I could not schedule any for next.
I always take instruction and all instructors say the same...smoothness in all areas makes you quicker..key is to carry speed into the bends, and progressive power and braking to keep the car balanced. We can all drive fast in a straight line.
However this is easier said then done, but when, on the odd occasion you get it right , the feeling is fantastic and is truly noticeable .
I see many pro drivers even taking instruction...so we should never feel like its a bit sad to take instruction..even after years and years improvement is always possible..
Instruction is key to get anywhere near the performance potential of our cars in a safe way.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:00 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Yes, they have become very popular. You have to book far in advance these days. Worth the wait, though.

Quick Reply: Trackday footage of my 991 turbo s