Sponsored by: Road Spy

New to me 2014 TTS Rhodium Silver with 3k miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:37 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wrs
I am thinking about that as I noticed the same thing. The tips do get swallowed up.
Yeah it's a pity. It's not so noticeable on a black car as everything all blends but on the lighter colors they get totally swallowed. I changed my black chromes out for the silver chromes and it looks way better....ties in well with the wheels and rear badges too..
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Congo123
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrs
I think it looks even better in person, I am glad I got it.
Thanks. That's more what I was asking.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:08 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations on a great deal! Rhodium sliver is my choice. I prefer the black exhaust tips on my '15 TTS, but certainly understand other preferences. I factory deleted the model designation so am very probably in the minority on shiny trim bits.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
Big time congrats!!!! Enjoy and welcome to the club. Looks like you had perfect weather for the drive
Badknees, can you post some pics of your car showing the wheels. Or you can email them to me at fixinbones@aol.com. I'm thinking about picking up a set of winter wheels and I might go with switch to your wheels and use my std TT wheels for winter tires.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Badknees, can you post some pics of your car showing the wheels. Or you can email them to me at fixinbones@aol.com. I'm thinking about picking up a set of winter wheels and I might go with switch to your wheels and use my std TT wheels for winter tires.
It was easier and faster to eMail them to you. If you need something more specific, let me know.

Extended weekend means one extra day of driving!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:00 PM
JJ Cleghorne
Advanced

Forget the cars, I like the house!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:04 PM
JJ Cleghorne
Advanced

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Congratulations on a great deal! Rhodium sliver is my choice. I prefer the black exhaust tips on my '15 TTS, but certainly understand other preferences. I factory deleted the model designation so am very probably in the minority on shiny trim bits.
I don't like things shiny, either. Wheels, exhaust tips, I even like the Porsche logo to be black. But I would like an option to have the rear fascia painted to match the car and have the black exhaust tips poke through. Might look cool.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:14 PM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ Cleghorne
Forget the cars, I like the house!
Thank You! I have decided I like the tips and they do suit the whole look better than shiny so they are staying as is. However, if speed21 posts some pics of his I could change my mind. One thing I won't do is to put the aftermarket round tips on there.

Quick Reply: New to me 2014 TTS Rhodium Silver with 3k miles