Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

ECU and Launch

Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 AM
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default ECU and Launch

Does the ECU keep a record every launch we do with these cars?
Will this be something future buyers of pre-owned cars use to determine condition or value?
Kind of like the tattletale rev counters on MT P-cars?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:13 PM
speed21
Banned

I'm pretty sure someone is a watchin.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 PM
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nissan does, I'm sure pcna has the same software.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:49 PM
speed21
Banned

^ Let's put it this way. They'd be mad if they didn't. Nothing is completely "fool" proof.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Gleek48
Addict
Rennlist Member

Audi supposedly has a limit on the number of launches (I believe 200) you can do before it will not let you.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...then-200-times
Old 05-29-2014, 12:10 AM
speed21
Banned

Nothing lasts forever, not even a Porsche oil bathed clutch pack. I'm sure its good for a lot of punishment and they showed that in a clip. Although I'm reading on another thread here someone reporting they are experiencing a chatter and kerthunk going from Ist to second and back down. Sounds like a clutch pack issue where it isn't decoupling correctly. Maybe a faulty sensor or, maybe it just saw a few too many launches during the pre-delivery . He ought to ask for an ECU readout to see what happened before and after he got his car. Mine shifts smooth and direct every time. Actually with this much get up and go from a dig I cant see a need for launch..
Old 05-29-2014, 11:08 PM
zedosix
User

Sounds like someone is having a ball with the launch control! lol
Old 05-29-2014, 11:40 PM
speed21
Banned

^ Lol. I'd say so.

Maybe they tried launching it in reverse...hehe.....tell the customer it's normal and will fix itself up lol.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:33 AM
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speed21 View Post
Nothing lasts forever, not even a Porsche oil bathed clutch pack. I'm sure its good for a lot of punishment and they showed that in a clip. Although I'm reading on another thread here someone reporting they are experiencing a chatter and kerthunk going from Ist to second and back down. Sounds like a clutch pack issue where it isn't decoupling correctly. Maybe a faulty sensor or, maybe it just saw a few too many launches during the pre-delivery . He ought to ask for an ECU readout to see what happened before and after he got his car. Mine shifts smooth and direct every time. Actually with this much get up and go from a dig I cant see a need for launch..
A wise man once said "No man's knowledge here can go beyond his experience" ... or as an old commercial once proclaimed..." Try it, you'll like it!"

Either way, this car is never about just "needs".

Originally Posted by zedosix View Post
Sounds like someone is having a ball with the launch control! lol
3 times now.... lol

At the end of the day Launch Control is really just an advanced engineering gimmick, so the novelty will probably wear off....

BUT until it does..
Old 05-30-2014, 08:47 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by 1Gunner View Post
A wise man once said "No man's knowledge here can go beyond his experience" ... or as an old commercial once proclaimed..." Try it, you'll like it!"

Either way, this car is never about just "needs".
hehe oh no....you read me wrong....not saying I won't be needing it or using it.
...just saying the car is insane off the line without it and to beat 99.9999% of the competition it is not needed in that sense. Using it would be just a complete demolition. I plan trying it soon..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECU and Launch

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: