Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

No more Turbo S?

 
Old 05-05-2014, 03:10 AM
  #16  
08viper1
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 199
Default

Hope they make no more 991 Turbo Ss,that makes those of us that have one $$$$.. Mine is now for sale a double the price I paid...A cool 400,000.00 (:
08viper1 is offline  
Old 05-05-2014, 04:02 AM
  #17  
cartester
User
 
cartester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 92
Default

It's only the 991 Cabriolet Turbo S that has been cancelled. All other variants have been greenlighted for unlimited overtime production until demand is completely exhausted.
cartester is offline  
Old 05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
  #18  
porsche518
User
Thread Starter
 
porsche518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by cartester View Post
It's only the 991 Cabriolet Turbo S that has been cancelled. All other variants have been greenlighted for unlimited overtime production until demand is completely exhausted.
So there is some truth to this? Because I was hoping it some salesman bull**** talk.
porsche518 is offline  
Old 05-05-2014, 03:33 PM
  #19  
cartester
User
 
cartester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 92
Default

Probably not. I just made that up.
cartester is offline  
Old 05-05-2014, 06:30 PM
  #20  
Jamie140
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jamie140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Burlington/Barrie/Marco Island, Florida
Posts: 5,181
Default

Originally Posted by porsche518 View Post
So there is some truth to this? Because I was hoping it some salesman bull**** talk.
Don't be silly. Porsche will satisfy demand +50% on all its cars. Then, it will make 30 combinations of S, GT, R, 3, 4, sportster, speedster, cab, half-cab, Munich, Shanghai, Miami et al special editions ad nauseam.

Pay attention to history.
Jamie140 is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:10 PM
  #21  
Keadog
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Keadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,464
Default

More TTSs available than TTs when you look around (which I have been doing actively). I'm in the process of ordering a C4S and the build has become so pricey, I was considering a TT. Dealer has open TTS allocation but not TT. Aside from not wanting center lock wheels and PCCB, I can't justify the added expense of the TTS.
I have no idea what Porsche plans to do in the future, but there must be significant profit in a $200K car.
Keadog is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:45 PM
  #22  
GrandLaker
User
 
GrandLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Grand Lake, Ok
Posts: 372
Default

Talked to sales manager at apparently largest dealer in the US yesterday and he indicated the Turbo Cab's are only doing a 14 month production run on current 991 platform. I don't know when the production date started for the 991 cab turbo's but assume it was around July time frame of last year but that's a guess on my part. So by fall of this calendar year if all this is true no more turbo cab's will be made.
GrandLaker is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 01:27 PM
  #23  
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 13,013
Default

If you've gots da scratch, they gots da turbo s, trust me.
TT Surgeon is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM
  #24  
jumper5836
Super User
 
jumper5836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: great white north
Posts: 8,134
Default

Originally Posted by Jamie140 View Post
Don't be silly. Porsche will satisfy demand +50% on all its cars. Then, it will make 30 combinations of S, GT, R, 3, 4, sportster, speedster, cab, half-cab, Munich, Shanghai, Miami et al special editions ad nauseam.

Pay attention to history.
So true, wonder when the Turbo S Targa will be out.
jumper5836 is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
  #25  
jlee504
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jlee504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,856
Default

Originally Posted by GrandLaker View Post
Talked to sales manager at apparently largest dealer in the US yesterday and he indicated the Turbo Cab's are only doing a 14 month production run on current 991 platform. I don't know when the production date started for the 991 cab turbo's but assume it was around July time frame of last year but that's a guess on my part. So by fall of this calendar year if all this is true no more turbo cab's will be made.
Wow. I wonder what change is coming.

Jeff
jlee504 is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 02:48 PM
  #26  
Fixinbones
User
 
Fixinbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 268
Default

Originally Posted by jumper5836 View Post
So true, wonder when the Turbo S Targa will be out.
I read a post somewhere that said no turbo targas cause the rear window opens to far back and would hit the turbos spoiler.
Fixinbones is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 PM
  #27  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,814
Default

Originally Posted by GrandLaker View Post
Talked to sales manager at apparently largest dealer in the US yesterday and he indicated the Turbo Cab's are only doing a 14 month production run on current 991 platform. I don't know when the production date started for the 991 cab turbo's but assume it was around July time frame of last year but that's a guess on my part. So by fall of this calendar year if all this is true no more turbo cab's will be made.
Originally Posted by jlee504 View Post
Wow. I wonder what change is coming.
The 991.2's are coming. As such, it would make sense that the production window for existing cars is ending.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:32 PM
  #28  
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 13,013
Default

Originally Posted by jlee504 View Post
Wow. I wonder what change is coming.

Jeff
Besides the price increase?
TT Surgeon is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No more Turbo S?


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: