Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Couldn't wait for my TTs coupe order...Found another new baby!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:11 AM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNo
I always say things happen for a reason. It was meant to be. Good job on scooping it up. BTW, who is your sales guy?
I feel the same way. Something just sort of lead me there Saturday. :-) However, I do that frequently anyway-lol!

Brian Wagner is my sales guy. Younger guy. Really knows his cars. Just my speed. He "gets" that I want to understand and FEEL the performance of the car before I buy it.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:18 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by 991Turbo_S
You have issues, but they are not bad ones, at least not for your salesman. LOL, enjoy.
Oh believe me I know :-). My wife tells me that my 9 yr old so was counting the cars we bought int he last couple of years-17! I am now taking a break form this sickness and socking money away for a rainy day. :-) Wait...it's rainy here in Atl. today-hahahaha! Seriously, I am going to enjoy this one for quite a while. The TTS IMO is absolute perfection in every way.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Oh my that's a beauty!! Congratulations
Thanks!

Originally Posted by br911
That young man in orange is likely the happiest person in Georgia. Priceless. On top of that you've got a really nice car, and you might also be the second happiest person in the state. So congrats and enjoy in great health.
Oh he loves it! That's my best little buddy int he world (well, I have an 18 mo. old best buddy too that's already becoming a car nut. We go to the Porsche store and as soon as you take him out of the car he yells "car, car, car, car, car, car" :-). My 9 yr old knows everything there is to know about my cars too. Frequently he "educates" salespeople at the dealerships-ha! I am very blessed to have my wife and those little guys and the good fortune to be able to share the car fun with them. Nothing like the little ones.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:25 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

I didn't know they sell Turbo S cars on the impulse rack..... enjoy!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by NiteJav
I didn't know they sell Turbo S cars on the impulse rack..... enjoy!
It's a special section over by the t-shirts.-lol

Now if they just had a rewards program!

Last edited by ColdList; 02-25-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:28 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by farisad
great car congrats and enjoy it
i'm considering changing my coupe TTS to convertible do you think its worth it? considering you drove the couple TT and now convertible excluding adding the S
thanks
Honestly, yes. I was thinking about that after I bought it. In fact, I was looking at the car this am and thinking how glad I was. The car is so rigid you would have no clue you were driving the cab vs. the coupe. Yes, you prob. lose about .1 seconds 0-60 and some aerodynamics at very high speeds but when you are driving a car with supercar speeds it is so silly fast who cares? ;-)

When that top is down it looks so sleek. Gives it a nice exotic look. You see those wide hips in the back and then the open cockpit-wow! I am telling you, I love this car so much. Very glad I made the purchase that I did. I think in either case both the coupe and cab are ridiculously great and great looking. Good luck with your decision. It's not easy! Quite sure that whichever way you go that you'll be happy!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
ColdList
Racer

So I couldn't resist. I did a launch yesterday. I sort of have a different view of what "break in" is. I like the car to adapt to my driving style.

I have said this to a few guys after having owned the 991TT before the TTS cab; you have no idea what your car can do until you do a launch! The ting literally blurs your eyes and you feel the Gs in your chest. It takes a few secs to regain composure. Wildest thing I have ever felt. I am used to BMWs "Launch and go sideways" so the Porsche "Launch CONTROL" is just ridiculous. It just grips and goes. I was laughing the whole time! What a car!

Here's a video of a 0-60 launch in the TT! Enjoy!

Old 03-04-2014, 11:17 AM
ColdList
Racer

Pretty good picture of my baby from Caffeine & Octane
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2014, 01:03 PM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking good! How do you like the 991TTS vs the California? Some would argue both GT convertibles...
Old 03-04-2014, 01:15 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by keithos27
Looking good! How do you like the 991TTS vs the California? Some would argue both GT convertibles...
There is absolutely NO COMPARISON whatsoever in the two cars. I would not take the Cali for half the price-very honestly.

The Cali drives like a GT-accelerates well and sounds GREAT but something is really missing. Just not nearly as connected and "fun" feeling.

The 991 TTS Cab doesn't feel like a convertible. Having owned the 991 TT coupe just before this I can tell you that the TTS Cab drives every bit as well. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know the difference with the top up. The Porsche is an immensely involving car and has super car performance in both acceleration and handling. Porsche does convertibles extremely well.

The best comparison I guess would be that in the Cali you drive it and it feels flashy and nice and you like to look at it more than drive it. The 991 is always calling you to get back in the driver's seat!

Last edited by ColdList; 03-04-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 AM
JoeNo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColdList
There is absolutely NO COMPARISON whatsoever in the two cars. I would not take the Cali for half the price-very honestly.

The Cali drives like a GT-accelerates well and sounds GREAT but something is really missing. Just not nearly as connected and "fun" feeling.

The 991 TTS Cab doesn't feel like a convertible. Having owned the 991 TT coupe just before this I can tell you that the TTS Cab drives every bit as well. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know the difference with the top up. The Porsche is an immensely involving car and has super car performance in both acceleration and handling. Porsche does convertibles extremely well.

The best comparison I guess would be that in the Cali you drive it and it feels flashy and nice and you like to look at it more than drive it. The 991 is always calling you to get back in the driver's seat!
Mike

Where did you show you car? Were you up in Alpharetta on Winward?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by JoeNo
Mike

Where did you show you car? Were you up in Alpharetta on Winward?
Yeah. At Caffeine and Octane. First Sunday of every month at Deerfield Pkwy off Windward. Prob. 1,000+ cars.

Quick Reply: Couldn't wait for my TTs coupe order...Found another new baby!