Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

My loaner is ok, but, come on!!!!

Old 03-17-2014, 07:13 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neanicu
For those wondering why the slow response from PAG,here's how they handle customer relations :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8052...w-filling.html

Nick Murray has been shooting videos and updates about his car,even though it's been in the shop more than actually driving it. Great guy,very optimistic and calm,but it seems that even a person like himself has reached a limit.
Watch his latest update in the above thread and see why they've been fires in these cars.
I really feel bad for this guy!
Man oh man, I really feel for the guy. I thought I had problems. I think the issue is patience or lack there of. When dropping serious coin on anything, the buyer needs to be reassured that detects will be taken care of. On a high line product the retail outlet and the manufacturer need to step up to the plate and make sure the customer is happy This has added to my frustration. Anyway, im anxious to bring the car in tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:22 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

Originally Posted by ColdList
Wow. That's just pathetic. That guy needs to step up is game and demand resolution.

Thank goodness Joe is not one who lets himself get walked on.
Mike, we may need to hit Pure for a couple "Troublemaker Margarita`s" to help ease our car problems. Im sure we can solve soom world problems too. Looking forward to meeting up. Hopefully this ****ty weather will blow out of here so you can drive over sans top.
Joe
Old 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNo
Mike, we may need to hit Pure for a couple "Troublemaker Margarita`s" to help ease our car problems. Im sure we can solve soom world problems too. Looking forward to meeting up. Hopefully this ****ty weather will blow out of here so you can drive over sans top.
Joe
Haha Joe! Agreed on all!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:53 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

So they put a new front differential in the car and guess what, it is still doing the same thing. I asked to turn the car in and this is the letter my attourny got back from PCNA. I understand that they want to fix the car and I wanted the car fixed, but now I just want to be rid of it. It is going on 3 months of issues with no fix. It has been in their shop for 21 day at different times.
I hate to say it, but im going to have a tough time ever buying another P-car.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
01 Apr 14 Novelli.pdf (38.4 KB, 919 views)
Old 04-01-2014, 06:24 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't blame you at all, I'd only ever lease a new one anymore, too many gadgets to go wrong. The 997.1tt was the last keeper IMHO.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ I dunno doc.. I recall the initial stage of ownership of my 997tt.1 saw 2 new front diffs before they found one that didn't vibrate me out of the seat. I think you can get a bad new one so i wouldn't be so quick to write OP's car off just yet. It really comes down to the diagnostic expertise of the staff and we all know how vulnerable that can place things in so far as tracking down the real culprit. It is possible the dealership is lacking diagnostic expertise.

I also would be having them check the wheel alignment as a first. Chances are they haven't looked at that. I recall after the final new diff it also manifested a slight/medium vibration when backing off the throttle on the over run and it wasn't until the alignment was very closely looked at that the problem was properly solved. We only looked there because after 2 diffs and still no resolution other avenues had to be explored. It really doesn't take much to be out on the toe and caster to create it.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:59 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by speed21
I also would be having them check the wheel alignment as a first. Chances are they haven't looked at that.......... It really doesn't take much to be out on the toe and caster to create it.
This is a great idea. After speaking to you today I was thinking "I wonder if it is something so painfully simple that they overlooked it."

My experience (as you know) with Hennessy and the new TT is that the techs have very little experience with them and they are not afraid to tell you so. It could be that they are reaching for an answer while overlooking the basics. My experience has been far less than stellar in terms of service as you know.

I wouldn't write off the P cars yet. You got a weird problem and what you now know is a dealer who isn't standing behind you. We need to get those margaritas-but you gotta be careful. A few too many and I might get the idea to drive your car through the showroom window-lol!

On a serious note. I am no lemon law expert but I would have to believe you fall under it by now. Maybe initiating a filing of that sort will get a different answer. There is a guy on 6-speed with a car with a myriad of problems. He is he most RIDICULOUSLY patient guy (to a fault-as I told him). He was getting the same no help from his dealer and Porsche. He filed a lemon law complaint and once the state was involved they all bent over backward to help.

Good luck man.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

^ I dunno doc.. I recall the initial stage of ownership of my 997tt.1 saw 2 new front diffs before they foundation. one that didn't vibrate me out of the seat. I think you can get a bad new one so i wouldn't be so quick to write OP's car off just yet. It really comes down to the diagnostic expertise of the staff and we all know how vulnerable that can place things in so far as tracking down the real culprit. It is possible the dealership is lacking diagnostic expertise.

I also would be having them check the wheel alignment as a first. Chances are they haven't looked at that. I recall after the final new diff it also manifested a slight/medium vibration when backing off the throttle on the over run and it wasn't until the alignment was very closely looked at that the problem was properly solved. We only looked there because after 2 diffs and still no resolution other avenues had to be explored. It really doesn't take much to be out on the toe and caster to create it.
Thanks, I will try and be patient but its hard when the car has been in the shop for 22 days of the 93 that I've owned it for. As far as expertise at the dealership, a PCNA field engineer took over the differential repair. I met him and he was competent. Frustrating to say the least and just like any body that buys sometning that doesnt work, you want the responsible entity to take responsibility.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I don't blame you at all, I'd only ever lease a new one anymore, too many gadgets to go wrong. The 997.1tt was the last keeper IMHO.
Thanks man, I need the support.lol
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
speed21
Banned

Thanks, I will try and be patient but its hard when the car has been in the shop for 22 days of the 93 that I've owned it for. As far as expertise at the dealership, a PCNA field engineer took over the differential repair. I met him and he was competent. Frustrating to say the least and just like any body that buys sometning that doesnt work, you want the responsible entity to take responsibility.
Understand the frustration. The r and r of the front diff is a start in the right direction but I would definitely get that alignment thorougly checked before your tech does anything else. There really isn't much else it could be unless you've been unlucky enough to get a new faulty diff...and that is possible as I have found out. I'm not exactly clear on what your exact syptoms are, everyone has a different way to describe, but I would call what I felt as more of an electric pencil type high frequency vibration which could be felt through the S/W, pedals and front flooring, particularly prominent when you back of the power after a burst. It was very noticeable. The car also felt really weird and unstable, very un nerving. Anything over 120kph, back off the power and it felt like the car was likely to do anything.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:29 PM
EDEZ TT
Instructor

I'm probably too literal, but from the letter it sounds like Porsche is requesting one more opportunity to fix the vibration problem affecting your car before reconsidering its position. Maybe your attorney has another perspective on this letter, but I would give the dealer one more shot at repairing your car with an agreed timeline to make it right.

FWIW, the 991S owner previously cited finally had his car taken back by Porsche. Overall I'm feeling a bit reluctant to purchase another Porsche in the future given your experiences.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

Understand the frustration. The r and r of the front diff is a start in the right direction but I would definitely get that alignment thorougly checked before your tech does anything else. There really isn't much else it could be unless you've been unlucky enough to get a new faulty diff...and that is possible as I have found out. I'm not exactly clear on what your exact syptoms are, everyone has a different way to describe, but I would call what I felt as more of an electric pencil type high frequency vibration which could be felt through the S/W, pedals and front flooring, particularly prominent when you back of the power after a burst. It was very noticeable. The car also felt really weird and unstable, very un nerving. Anything over 120kph, back off the power and it felt like the car was likely to do anything.
You desribed it perfectly. On and off power accentuates the vibration but I always feel it at 46-51 mph, also in the curves. Hopefully they will find a solution. Thanks Speed
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 PM
speed21
Banned

You desribed it perfectly. On and off power accentuates the vibration but I always feel it at 46-51 mph, also in the curves. Hopefully they will find a solution. Thanks Speed
No worries. Btw I could also feel the vibration at lower speeds as well, you get a feel for it and when you rock it on and off the power it is hard to miss for sure. Come off a strong burst of power and its like a serious vibrator coming through the front to mid of the car. Possibly with the 4WS the alignments is even more critical again. If the re alignment sorts it for you maybe there was nothing wrong with the first diff....its possible. Anyway lets just hope it is just the alignment first but they really need to pay attention to that. I do recall there was a lot of heads together at the time and the alignment only came into play at the end as a last resort. Even the gurus were becoming lost to what was could possibly be causing it...and there were plenty involved after 2 diffs and no result. That said we did recognise the first replacement was a dud as it made everything worse. At the end even I was amazed how something so small could have created such a drama. Keep us posted. Cheers.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:39 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, Joe, that's a incredibly painful situation. Hope they get it resolved soon and/or make you whole in whatever way is necessary.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:12 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

New tts coming end of next week and I gotta stop reading these posts.... Scares the crap outta me. Good luck Joe, hope you get back on the road soon and this issue is a distant memory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My loaner is ok, but, come on!!!!