Sponsored by: Road Spy

My loaner is ok, but, come on!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:59 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Hey Joe!

I don't believe you've mentioned what loaner you got,just that " it's ok " ?

I was just curious...to pass the time and ease your pain...

Old 02-27-2014, 11:55 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your right, thats a great observation. Lol. Boxter S with pdk. Its a nice car, fairly quick. Handles like its on rails.I'm impressed, I've never driven one before. I used to have a 750iL, bmw gave me a z4 3.5 with a stick. That was a fun loaner.

Here's a good one, the dealer wanted the loaner back because Porsche wouldn't pay for it anymore. WTF
I finally called PCNA. Very understanding and we are working ona resolution, buy back. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:01 AM
JoeNo
Instructor

Originally Posted by ColdList
Well since I'm also a Red Wings fan I like Chelios.

Did I mention that the wife is a die hard Flyers fan?-ugh.

Good luck with the resolution with the car. I would probably be quite upset as well by now.
At least your not a Rangers fan. Berube is doing a good job. Where is your wife from? I grew up in Malvern Pa, close to West Chester.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

That sounds like fun Joe!
Enjoy and hopefully you'll have a resolution soon!

Old 02-28-2014, 10:23 AM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNo
At least your not a Rangers fan. Berube is doing a good job. Where is your wife from? I grew up in Malvern Pa, close to West Chester.
NO, that I am NOT :-)

She is actually from South Jersey near Cherry Hill.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:37 PM
EDEZ TT
Instructor

I was curious over the last 10+ days if Porsche came through with either a permanent fix for your vibration concern or a replacement vehicle?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

I live in Doylestown....I see Berube all the time @ WAWA or at the take out at local bar. Cool guy.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 AM
JoeNo
Instructor

Originally Posted by EDEZ TT
I was curious over the last 10+ days if Porsche came through with either a permanent fix for your vibration concern or a replacement vehicle?
Hi Edez
My car, which the dealer gave me back because porsche wouldn't pay for a loaner any longer and shakes like a wino with the DT's, goes into the shop for one last try to fix it on Tuesday. They ordered a whole new front differential for it. Hopefully the part is in. Its really a shame I had to get my lawyer involved but I beleive it sped up the process.I am meeting with a PCNA rep at 9am Tuesday morning, we'll see what happens. I will share the results. Have a great weekend!
Joe
Old 03-15-2014, 09:14 AM
JoeNo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
I live in Doylestown....I see Berube all the time @ WAWA or at the take out at local bar. Cool guy.
Flyers vs.Pens today at 1. Enjoy the game Nick
Old 03-15-2014, 05:05 PM
newbie1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have they replaced/checked the ROTORS(brakes)?? ZR-1s have had the same problem which turned out to be the ceramic rotors. If they have not checked or changed them.....I would insist they do so! Just my $.02, hope this helps
Old 03-15-2014, 07:44 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

Originally Posted by newbie1
Have they replaced/checked the ROTORS(brakes)?? ZR-1s have had the same problem which turned out to be the ceramic rotors. If they have not checked or changed them.....I would insist they do so! Just my $.02, hope this helps
In the 17 days it sat at the dealer, they took the whole bottom end of the car apart from brakes,wheels rear dif, tires. They just cant figure it out.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:40 PM
EDEZ TT
Instructor

Hi Edez
My car, which the dealer gave me back because porsche wouldn't pay for a loaner any longer and shakes like a wino with the DT's, goes into the shop for one last try to fix it on Tuesday. They ordered a whole new front differential for it. Hopefully the part is in. Its really a shame I had to get my lawyer involved but I beleive it sped up the process.I am meeting with a PCNA rep at 9am Tuesday morning, we'll see what happens. I will share the results. Have a great weekend!
Joe
Sorry Joe to read about your experience. On so many levels that is disappointing to read about Porsche's inability to repair your car, loaner car policy, and your need to contact an attorney to make things right in a reasonable timeframe. High end cars should have high end customer service.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by 991Turbo_S
Buying a first year new design is always risky. I hope they figure it out.
That is the risk of "Early Adoption" unfortunately. I finally have the resources to get a 997.2 TT outright. But I'm thinking of just waiting for the 991.2 TTS for Porsche to Iron-Out all the issues.

And talking about the 991 GT3 going the way of the Ferrari F458, catching fire for no reason. But thinking about it I don't know how far different the Turbo and 3 could be for one to catch fire enough to halt construction at the factory. Though this subject is off topic to this issue; it's funny watching Clarkson Hounding Richard Hammond about his new 991 GT3 especially since Hammond received one of the possible combustible GT3s! But Clarkson had issue with having to buy a second Ford GT because of the issues of his first copy. Of course I'm talking about "BBC Top Gear".
Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

For those wondering why the slow response from PAG,here's how they handle customer relations :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8052...w-filling.html

Nick Murray has been shooting videos and updates about his car,even though it's been in the shop more than actually driving it. Great guy,very optimistic and calm,but it seems that even a person like himself has reached a limit.
Watch his latest update in the above thread and see why they've been fires in these cars.
I really feel bad for this guy!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by neanicu
For those wondering why the slow response from PAG,here's how they handle customer relations :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8052...w-filling.html

Nick Murray has been shooting videos and updates about his car,even though it's been in the shop more than actually driving it. Great guy,very optimistic and calm,but it seems that even a person like himself has reached a limit.
Watch his latest update in the above thread and see why they've been fires in these cars.
I really feel bad for this guy!
Wow. That's just pathetic. That guy needs to step up is game and demand resolution.

Thank goodness Joe is not one who lets himself get walked on.

Quick Reply: My loaner is ok, but, come on!!!!