Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

GT vs Rhodium Silver, which did you choose and why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts
Default GT vs Rhodium Silver, which did you choose and why?

I'm curious to get your opinions on GT vs Rhodium Silver and why you picked one over the other?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 PM
needspeed
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with GT silver because I liked the darker silver and didn't like the blue hue in Rhodium silver. To each his own.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

I always like the Polar Silver on the 993's. I quite like the hint of blue in it and beside it being my preference., I would never pay the upcharge for GT silver but I can see why one would.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:48 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the Rhodium on my 2014 C2S. Loved it! Very cool color. Just enough hue to make it look unique but not really "blue". Gave it a really nice glow. Would definitely pick it over a GT Silver on the Turbo. Shows the lines much better. Have seen both in person at my dealer. No contest but I know it is a subjective thing.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:54 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by needspeed
I went with GT silver because I liked the darker silver and didn't like the blue hue in Rhodium silver. To each his own.
I concur. Also, to me the Rhodium was so light that it felt a little flat, while the GT's darker tone seemed richer, and was better able to take advantage of the metallic effect by contrasting the darker paint against the lighter flakes.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:53 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Reviving an old thread to see if there are any new comments, thoughts or observations on Rhodium Vs GT Silver.

991.2 TT/S configurator include these colours without an up-charge.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:52 PM
fq
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ColdList, (not to hijack the thread), looks like I just took Euro delivery of your sister car (Miami Blue TTS). Even though the color is a bit louder than what I am used to, every hotel I stayed at in Europe had a swarm of people coming to take pics next to the car because they felt the color was different from most P-cars they see there.

Originally Posted by ColdList
I had the Rhodium on my 2014 C2S. Loved it! Very cool color. Just enough hue to make it look unique but not really "blue". Gave it a really nice glow. Would definitely pick it over a GT Silver on the Turbo. Shows the lines much better. Have seen both in person at my dealer. No contest but I know it is a subjective thing.

Quick Reply: GT vs Rhodium Silver, which did you choose and why?