Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Sport Classic Wheels (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/794180-sport-classic-wheels.html)

Overdraft 01-06-2014 10:59 PM

Sport Classic Wheels

Folks - Any real pictures of a 991TT or TTS with the new 20" Sport Classic (Fuch look alike) wheels out there?

Rocket_boy 01-06-2014 11:40 PM

I have only seen the few "show" pictures floating around of the Yellow TTS with these wheels painted black on it. (very smart looking IMO)

For what it's worth the Porsche web site has them measuring 9.5" front & 11.5" rear (widths) with the regular TT wheels being 8.5" & 11.0" widths. The stock TTS wheel is listed as 9.5" & 11.5. So if you are ordering a non-S then the wheel width increase alone will be a slight upgrade.

All I know is that the TT/TTS stock wheels are way too "complicated" for my tastes and would be a PITA to clean to my standards. Right now my order has settled on a Guards Red TT w/black painted Sport Classics. I've entertained many color combinations, but Sport Classics have always been a certain in any config,.....classic looking and easy to take care of.

zedosix 01-07-2014 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy (Post 11031377)
I have only seen the few "show" pictures floating around of the Yellow TTS with these wheels painted black on it. (very smart looking IMO)

For what it's worth the Porsche web site has them measuring 9.5" front & 11.5" rear (widths) with the regular TT wheels being 8.5" & 11.0" widths. The stock TTS wheel is listed as 9.5" & 11.5. So if you are ordering a non-S then the wheel width increase alone will be a slight upgrade.

All I know is that the TT/TTS stock wheels are way too "complicated" for my tastes and would be a PITA to clean to my standards. Right now my order has settled on a Guards Red TT w/black painted Sport Classics. I've entertained many color combinations, but Sport Classics have always been a certain in any config,.....classic looking and easy to take care of.

Cleaning wheels are never fun, but it's not an issue with pccb.

smuoio 01-07-2014 11:17 AM

Would love, as well, to see pictures of the TT or TTS with the Sport Classic wheels. I purchased a dealer launch TTS in November which had the TT wheels, which are not my taste. Have explored having the car converted to the TTS center lock wheels - and was recently quoted a conversion cost of $16.5K, including all parts, wheels and labor. I have always preferred the Sport Classics on Carrera models and perhaps should consider these on my TTS.

Rocket_boy 01-10-2014 03:49 PM

Some better pix at this link....

http://carbuzz.com/news/2013/12/19/P...elift-7717708/

smuoio 01-11-2014 08:48 AM

Thanks Rocket. I, for one, pretty much like the look. Confirms my decision to go ahead and order the wheels with winter tires this past week.

S

Overdraft 01-11-2014 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by smuoio (Post 11042802)
Thanks Rocket. I, for one, pretty much like the look. Confirms my decision to go ahead and order the wheels with winter tires this past week.

S

Great - Please post a snap when you get them installed. Weighing off Rhodium with Sport Classics (unpainted) and/ or Basalt Black with CL.

achildofthesky 01-11-2014 11:48 PM

Sport Classic Wheels...

You may have already seen them there but they are in the current brochure I received at a local Porsche dealer today. IMHO, they are the best looking of the 3 and would be much easier to keep clean.

Be safe
Patty

SCA11 01-12-2014 07:27 PM

Here ya go

5 Attachment(s)
Just picked up my new 991TT yesterday, with the silver Sport Classics. I actually like them better that I thought I would. The pictures on the Porsche site don't really do them justice.

SCA11 01-12-2014 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by achildofthesky (Post 11044638)
You may have already seen them there but they are in the current brochure I received at a local Porsche dealer today. IMHO, they are the best looking of the 3 and would be much easier to keep clean.

Be safe
Patty

They are VERY easy to clean. Here's another pic for you!

roger sf 01-12-2014 08:14 PM

Looks fabulous. Those sport classic wheels work really well.

achildofthesky 01-12-2014 10:48 PM

991 TT...

Originally Posted by SCA11 (Post 11046123)
Just picked up my new 991TT yesterday, with the silver Sport Classics. I actually like them better that I thought I would. The pictures on the Porsche site don't really do them justice.

SCA11:

Congratulations, that is a gorgeous automobile. I love that color! Please pass along a review of the car when you have the chance. The wheels do look great on it. Very nice pix, thanks for posting them.

Be safe and congratulations again on getting your car.
Patty

Overdraft 01-12-2014 11:29 PM

Thanks very much for this picture. Exactly what I was after. Car looks great!

FastLaneTurbo 01-13-2014 12:55 PM

Much to my surprise, they really look great on the 991 TT - much nicer and less of a "Retro Look" than I had visualized. Should be easier to keep clean as well. Hearty congrats on a gorgeous automobile.

smuoio 01-13-2014 01:18 PM

+1 and congrats!