Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Anyone looking for a Black/Black TurboS? (USED) (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/789833-anyone-looking-for-a-black-black-turbos-used.html)

rijowysock 12-07-2013 02:10 PM

Anyone looking for a Black/Black TurboS? (USED)

my dealer called me today to tell me a customer of theirs that also picked up a black/black 991 turbo S was considering trading it back in to get an extended panamera....

it's got like 200 miles on it and the guy will take like 8k off sticker..

just figured i'd put it out there as thats basically a brand new car and depending on the state the buyer is from a private purchase could avoid a lot of superfluous taxes (i.e. used cars purchased from SC only get $200 sales tax regardless of car value!)

he said it's black/black/seat ventilation/glass roof/burmeister/white dials/white sport chrono/keyless start/etc.

if anyone interested, let me know and i'll either point you to dealer or ask them for the guys info directly.

humbug 12-08-2013 02:47 AM

PM sent. Thanks

Overdraft 12-08-2013 09:47 AM

I can't image $ 8,000.00 enticing anyone into buying a 'used car' - even it only has 200 miles on it. I am not optimistic on the resale market on these 991TTS' given the $ 200K+ price point...and narrow market - which is my primary barrier to entry in waiting 6, 7 months and seeing something akin to the 15 - 20% depreciation which is already on some cars in Europe I have read. Two schools of thought - both meeting at the same place; NEW buyer.....at this price point, what makes it attractive to buy 'used'?...used buyer....at what point does the number become low enough it attracts him/her to finance their $ 1XX K 'used' car OR might as well get a new ????...so , to me anyway, all point to the similar order of magnitude in the $ 72K hit I took on my 3 year old TT CAB PDK museum piece with 17,000KM on it.

My thoughts anyway.

darth g-f 12-08-2013 10:30 AM

Well if someone saves the taxes (like the op suggests) on top of the 8k$ and has the chance to own it now instead of in 3-4-6 months, then I think it is a great deal.

ajag 12-08-2013 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by darth g-f (Post 10961662)
Well if someone saves the taxes (like the op suggests) on top of the 8k$ and has the chance to own it now instead of in 3-4-6 months, then I think it is a great deal.

Definitely it comes down to the tax situation, for someone looking at a new base TT, this could be about equivalent.

Overdraft 12-08-2013 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by darth g-f (Post 10961662)

Here in Canada - you still pay HST - harmonized sales tax (13%) on any transaction - new or used...AND not sure in this case if the new purchaser can enjoy lower interest rates (lease or purchase) because the car is now used. New cars are available here now at MSRP and I predict will soon be quietly discounted. Don't get me wrong...unbelievable sports car, but I am the same target buyer that now is faced considering a purchase in an entirely different price point for my standard of living......so $ 8,000.00 doesn't excite me if I am going to suck it up in the $ 200K arena....but that said I think most guys will pay and the premium by specifying precisely what they want and thinking about each option we agonize over when I clicked the boxes in a "built" car. I was in Germany this year on a factory tour - so envisaging mine snaking down the line with my bar code sticker on the rear deck every option properly being installed as I had specified. Heck...3 or 4 months to wait for a Porsche - when incidentally most of us drive a Porsche that will take all of that amount of time to sell . That is the same amount of time it takes for a bad haircut to grow in again...and its fun to wait in a perverse sort of way. Will pass on the bar code for say......15% - on prime example with all the right gear....

zirrah 12-08-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Overdraft (Post 10962157)
Here in Canada - you still pay HST - harmonized sales tax (13%) on any transaction - new or used...AND not sure in this case if the new purchaser can enjoy lower interest rates (lease or purchase) because the car is now used. New cars are available here now at MSRP and I predict will soon be quietly discounted. Don't get me wrong...unbelievable sports car, but I am the same target buyer that now is faced considering a purchase in an entirely different price point for my standard of living......so $ 8,000.00 doesn't excite me if I am going to suck it up in the $ 200K arena....but that said I think most guys will pay and the premium by specifying precisely what they want and thinking about each option we agonize over when I clicked the boxes in a "built" car. I was in Germany this year on a factory tour - so envisaging mine snaking down the line with my bar code sticker on the rear deck every option properly being installed as I had specified. Heck...3 or 4 months to wait for a Porsche - when incidentally most of us drive a Porsche that will take all of that amount of time to sell . That is the same amount of time it takes for a bad haircut to grow in again...and its fun to wait in a perverse sort of way. Will pass on the bar code for say......15% - on prime example with all the right gear....

And depending on what state you're in, you pay sales tax on it too. Here in CT I believe you pay our 6.35 sales tax regardless of what state the car is purchased in. :)

08viper1 12-08-2013 04:44 PM

Buy your toys to enjoy them and quit worrying what you can sell them for later...Big $$$ to bump up from 11 TS to 14 TS ,very well spent money..14 much better /improved 997 TS....

speed21 12-09-2013 05:01 AM

Agree 8K would hardly entice me to buy a used TTS regardless of how new it may or may not be. Whats 8K in the grand scheme of things. Nothing like being the first owner. Even at your giveaway prices you'd need to knock 20 off at least to make it attractive.

rijowysock 12-09-2013 12:11 PM

just figured it was worth mentioning as him and the dealer haven't closed a deal yet and 8k is better than 0k especially if you live in certain states where used cars carry less sales tax.

i know they are hard to find and my dealer wouldn't discount a dime new,

just food for thought ;) and passing along what i found.

zedosix 12-24-2013 02:44 PM

Sounds like an interesting build, its pretty much how I'm building my car. My salesman is giving me 3% off list no matter how many or little options I take. Thats right around 6,500. If I was offered that exact car by my dealer I would pass at 8k.

achildofthesky 12-30-2013 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Overdraft (Post 10962157)

Interesting perspective in the last few sentences of your well written post.

Best wishes and be safe
Patty

Slakker 12-31-2013 04:11 AM

I recently bought a used '13 GL450 for my family car from the local MB dealership. It had 147 miles on it and I only saved $4k over a new one. But the kicker for me was that I got it CPO for a total 6 yrs and 100k mile warranty. That was worth an extra 100 miles on the odometer to me.

tomshop 12-31-2013 09:27 AM

Discounts will increase as initial "gotta have first one" buyers burn off. Look at discounts that were available on 997 turbos. From what in recall I was offered $20K+ off sticker. Economy, of course, wasn't as strong then but we will see large discounts in a year.

achildofthesky 01-06-2014 09:21 PM

Savings...

Originally Posted by tomshop (Post 11014442)
Discounts will increase as initial "gotta have first one" buyers burn off. Look at discounts that were available on 997 turbos. From what in recall I was offered $20K+ off sticker. Economy, of course, wasn't as strong then but we will see large discounts in a year.

Keeping this very thing in mind when I get the opportunity to spend a bit of time in the 991 TT. I have a lot of time to look and I want to be sure it the car before I get all wobbly kneed over it. Not really looking for the TTS but that is what seems to be out in my parts so far...

Be safe
Patty