Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

A quick review

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:28 PM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

So, he "PDCC button" actually does engage the PDCC system then. I guess my dealer is the one who has this wrong. He stated the PDCC system is always engaged on the Turbos and that the "PDCC button" engages a "sport suspension" which does a few other things, perhaps hydraulically tightening the engine mounts..., etc.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:50 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotcha Sam. I'm definitely going to have to add camber before I track mine then. I had some overheating issues w/ my 991S, so I'm a little paranoid, hopefully the stock intercoolers are sufficient.

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Hi ajag,

I have done the equivalent of 3 full track days (each day is about 150 miles) with the Trubo S so far (35 on the C4S this year) and the one noticeable issue is tire wear. The C4S (also had PDCC) would last me 5 or 6 (very aggressive) track days and I would need a new set. The rears wore out a bit more than the fronts. After one and a half day with the TTS, I shredded the front outer tire and had it replaced. The car came with the P Zeros and I now have a new set of PSS. Those were supposed to get tried today, together with the new Pagid RSCs but weather cancelled it. I added half a degree of negative camber to the front and about a quarter to the rears. If you are going to track a lot and aggressively, talk to your mechanic about more negative camber. I am leaving toe as stock for now.

No overheating whatsoever but the weather has been quite cool lately. However, I think the ECU drops the power output a hair later into the sessions, making me think it's reaching a temperature it doesn't like (? intercoolers). I can't tell by lap times alone because by that time my tires have gotten greasy and I run slower anyway. July/August would tell for sure.

Sam
Old 12-08-2013, 09:13 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Gotcha Sam. I'm definitely going to have to add camber before I track mine then. I had some overheating issues w/ my 991S, so I'm a little paranoid, hopefully the stock intercoolers are sufficient.
I didn't have overheating issues with the 991 C4S until I tracked in 98+ degree temps, where it would take me out of Sport Plus mode into regular mode AND cut down on power delivery. This would happen as engine oil temp hit 288. So far in the TTS, I haven't reached 250 but again, the highest ambient temp so far was 74.

Quick Reply: A quick review