Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   991 Turbo Allocation Available (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/774847-991-turbo-allocation-available.html)

Sonnen Porsche 09-04-2013 07:21 PM

991 Turbo Allocation Available

Hello Guys,

I just had an additional allocation for a 991 Turbo added to our pool. This is a late November build for delivery in late Jan/Feb. Please email me if anyone is interested? Thanks guys! :cool:

LateBrake911 09-05-2013 01:02 PM

991 gt3 alloc/

Wow.. thats this Nov.. Cool. any info on the GT3 alloc. e.g. I hadn't heard anything.. I know it's probably no-go for this year, but any ideas on Dec,Jan - March delivery for 2014?? Never had a Porsche so don't know how this works. .e.g do you have to buy some Porsche's from the dealer before they take you serious..

Sonnen Porsche 09-07-2013 02:18 PM

GT3 allocation is currently very tight...we have a lot of orders for that car. I have one inquiry on the 991 Turbo slot and I still have one Turbo S slot available to configure and 2 Launch 991 Turbo S cars available to purchase as well:

991 Turbo S Launch Cars:
Black/Black: $191K
Black/Black-Red: $200K

Please email me if you are interested and want the specs on these launch vehicles or more information on the configurable cars. The launch Turbo S cars will be here the first week of November. :rockon:

ajag 09-07-2013 07:23 PM

Brett, do you know if adding the rear camera option to a TT order will delay it at all? I see there are two options for the TT on the configurator, sensors or sensors+camera, with only sensors+camera on the TT-S.

Sean in Texas 09-08-2013 09:42 PM

I've heard of a few examples of this situation. Is anyone else mildly surprised that launch cars and 'extra' slots are available? I would have thought, especially in Cali, that there would be plenty of takers.

Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?

0Q991 09-08-2013 10:43 PM

Possibly...but it seems like GT3 allocations are harder to come by than Turbo and Turbo S.

tar6day 09-08-2013 10:44 PM

"Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?"

Yeah but can you drive a GT3 in 4 inches of snow or on an icy road? GT3 is an awesome car....but I for one like to enjoy my cars all year.

Sean in Texas 09-09-2013 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by tar6day (Post 10745863)
"Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?"

Yeah but can you drive a GT3 in 4 inches of snow or on an icy road? GT3 is an awesome car....but I for one like to enjoy my cars all year.

Not really an issue in San Francisco is it? It isn't along the Gulf Coast, either.

Sonnen Porsche 09-09-2013 10:53 PM

We currently have way more slots for 991 Turbo S models then GT3's and more than we were expecting as we have 4 times the Turbo S versus regular Turbo slots... The rear camera will delay your build to after 11/3 and my two early 991 Turbo S customers decided to not tick the box because they did not want a delay.... :cheers:

Overdraft 09-09-2013 11:11 PM

Brett - I am curious as to why Sonnen is offering their/ your allotment outside of your dealership's core clientele. Is it that the car is having less take-up than anticipated and you have to reach outside of your home territory? I sort of get that in 8 or 10 months from now when the low baring fruit has been picked - but how can Porsche set their allotments if their dealers are advertising on the internet to sell/ ship cars anywhere before they even come to market? I had understood all these cars had to have names attached to them before building them given the demand.

Curious only - but some dealers must be - ummm unhappy no?

Sonnen Porsche 09-11-2013 01:35 PM

We are allocated slots for cars based on previous sales and market share only, and not based on names and actual orders unfortunately. I always like to have these big ticket items pre-sold as they are difficult to sell with as many options as we have when I configure them for inventory. :thumbup:

Rennteam 09-13-2013 11:21 AM

The 991 Turbo/Turbo S currently have a couple of "marketing" issues in my opinion, this is why demand may be still limited:

1. Most people haven't seen the car(s) live yet (and I can assure you that most of them will be stunned when they will see the car on the road for the very first time). I ordered my 991 Turbo S back in May but always had a feeling that I've may not made the right decision. Until I saw and experienced the 991 Turbo S live and fell in love with it. No more doubts.

2. Especially the Turbo S is a very expensive car (vs. previous Turbo S models) and some may not understand what they are paying for. They will once the car hits the dealers/streets.

3. Car magazines haven't posted REAL reviews (with track tests, performance numbers, etc.) yet. There are a couple of reports after the press event(s) but nothing really to write home about. Customers want to see real life numbers, so there is some sort of hesitation with ordering the car(s) before these performance numbers start coming in.

4. For a high performance car like the Turbo/Turbo S, the deliveries starting in October (Germany, Europe) and November (US and other countries) is quite LATE in my opinion. Not every customer lives in Florida or California, the weather gets worse in autumn and winter will be close too. Some customers actually prefer to wait until next spring, so there is no rush to order a car now, especially since dealers seem to have production slots available.

I honestly think that demand will pick up as soon as the first cars hit the streets and as soon as the first real reviews flow in.

Those who have ordered one, should be happy. This is an amazing car, mark my words. I am getting mine on Oct. 5th or 7th (there is a delivery embargo...) over here in Germany and I just can't wait. Since I already experienced the car LIVE, I can tell you guys that you made the right decision. I wasn't sure myself (my thoughts were still circling around the new GT3) but after seeing the 991 Turbo S for the first time LIVE end of July, I was stunned.

Now 3 weeks more to go for me until delivery. :)

ajag 09-13-2013 09:07 PM

Rennteam, the delays for the GT3 are not going to affect the TT, right?

FastLaneTurbo 09-14-2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rennteam (Post 10758188)
The 991 Turbo/Turbo S currently have a couple of "marketing" issues in my opinion, this is why demand may be still limited:

1. Most people haven't seen the car(s) live yet (and I can assure you that most of them will be stunned when they will see the car on the road for the very first time). I ordered my 991 Turbo S back in May but always had a feeling that I've may not made the right decision. Until I saw and experienced the 991 Turbo S live and fell in love with it. No more doubts.

2. Especially the Turbo S is a very expensive car (vs. previous Turbo S models) and some may not understand what they are paying for. They will once the car hits the dealers/streets.

3. Car magazines haven't posted REAL reviews (with track tests, performance numbers, etc.) yet. There are a couple of reports after the press event(s) but nothing really to write home about. Customers want to see real life numbers, so there is some sort of hesitation with ordering the car(s) before these performance numbers start coming in.

4. For a high performance car like the Turbo/Turbo S, the deliveries starting in October (Germany, Europe) and November (US and other countries) is quite LATE in my opinion. Not every customer lives in Florida or California, the weather gets worse in autumn and winter will be close too. Some customers actually prefer to wait until next spring, so there is no rush to order a car now, especially since dealers seem to have production slots available.

I honestly think that demand will pick up as soon as the first cars hit the streets and as soon as the first real reviews flow in.

Those who have ordered one, should be happy. This is an amazing car, mark my words. I am getting mine on Oct. 5th or 7th (there is a delivery embargo...) over here in Germany and I just can't wait. Since I already experienced the car LIVE, I can tell you guys that you made the right decision. I wasn't sure myself (my thoughts were still circling around the new GT3) but after seeing the 991 Turbo S for the first time LIVE end of July, I was stunned.

Now 3 weeks more to go for me until delivery. :)

No doubt everything you say is true, and the new Turbos will be the best yet,
but the performance is WAY beyond anything that can be experienced on U.S. roads with 55-70 MPH maximum speeds. Virtually every previous Turbo
from 1976 on is already huge overkill on American roads. I love Turbos and have driven and raced them since buying my first 1979 930 Turbo. What has stopped me from buying a 997 TTS is brakes and wheels.

Many past Turbo owners, myself included, track our Turbos, and the prospect of $25,000 PCCB Brake jobs and the special techniques and tools required to change Tires for track use with Centerlock wheels (which very few mechanics will be capable of) stand as a greater impediment to buying than the price increase IMHO. Many buyers will not settle for the lower HP "Turbo" which offers a choice of Steel brakes and 5 lug wheels.

What Porsche needs is a Track Turbo version with all the performance options
of the Turbo S but with a firmer "track-tuned" suspension, 5 Lug Wheels and
Steel Brakes ($2,500 vs $25,000 for brake changes) otherwise you give the DD 997 TTS owner little reason to upgrade his ride. And the new "Track Turbo S" should be offered at a commensurate reduction in price equal to the pricing differential between those removed "upgraded" components, making that track version comparable in price to the outgoing 997 TTS.:bigbye:

911sanantone 09-14-2013 12:53 PM

At the risk of appearing less than PC, IMHO I would prefer that dealers and forum sponsors like Sonnen NOT post threads about their allocations. The forums and threads should not be turned into a Classified section but should remain focused on the delivery of information and opinions about the cars themselves. I am interested in what any knowledgeable individual has to say regarding a topic/thread including sales people. We have a "Marketplace" section for pure sales information.
On a related note, my dealer informed me that out of market sales ( including internet) by dealers are looked at very negatively by Porsche and actually diminish future allocation. No, this was not a ploy by my dealer to keep me buying from him. My sale was completed long before this conversation and my cost was very competitive.
I apologize in advance for any controversy this may create but just my humble 2 cents.
Onward....

Sonnen Porsche 09-14-2013 03:55 PM

Local client took my 991 Turbo slot, but we can sell to any region in the country... Thanks guys! :cheers:

911sanantone 09-14-2013 04:16 PM

Brett, any comments regarding my post?

Sonnen Porsche 09-14-2013 05:36 PM

As far as my allocations being affected selling outside our area that is not true. Posting up information on allocations and availability in the appropriate car forum made more sense to me as how many people are in the Market Place forum looking for a new car to order? That is my take on it and of course I understand that this forum should not be spammed for business in these forums. I did post up a beautiful British Racing Green Boxster in the Market Place section which seemed appropriate for an in stock car. Hopefully some of my posts on here are informative and helpful for guys looking to place orders and have questions on availability and delays on options as well as news on upcoming products. :biggulp:

carcommander 09-14-2013 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 911sanantone (Post 10761029)
Brett, any comments regarding my post?

I have one. Sonnen is a platinum sponsor and pays for the privilege of posting we are hardly being "spammed"

You are not even a member

Just my humble opinion.

FastLaneTurbo 09-14-2013 11:41 PM

I believe their is great value to Porsche Dealers, and for that matter Porsche Executives, Technicians and Marketing executives being involved in our forums. It is only through this interchange that the opinions of
Porsche owners can be brought to the attention of those who could actually influence future models, pricing, delivery times, options and specifications. I am grateful that any dealer staff takes the time and effort to read, evaluate and respond to our often conflicting rants and often unwarranted criticism. For owners this forum is an enjoyable and information-sharing passion. For Porsche employees it is an extension of working hours often coming at a sacrifice in time otherwise spent with family and friends,
for which I am most grateful. I look upon the posting of an available unit of a new model with very limited availability for the convenience of our members seeking early delivery as a service to the forum
for which we should be thankful and in no way do I consider this as remote from our own interests.

911sanantone 09-15-2013 12:36 AM

FastLaneTurbo, I actually agree with your thoughts and viewpoint. My comments focused on the use of the forum to simply sell cars. It was in no way to discourage the exchange of valuable information, knowledge and opinion. Sales people like Brett at Sonnen have provided excellent insight and opinions and this is what these forums are for.

Carcommander, not sure what being a member (or not) or a Platinum member has to do with the discussion at hand....just my humble opinion.

tar6day 09-15-2013 09:27 AM

What Porsche needs is a Track Turbo version with all the performance options
of the Turbo S but with a firmer "track-tuned" suspension, 5 Lug Wheels and
Steel Brakes ($2,500 vs $25,000 for brake changes) otherwise you give the DD 997 TTS owner little reason to upgrade his ride. And the new "Track Turbo S" should be offered at a commensurate reduction in price equal to the pricing differential between those removed "upgraded" components, making that track version comparable in price to the outgoing 997 TTS.:bigbye:

I've been on the Porsche Configuration Website and there are two options for "5 Lug Wheels" for the TTS. I assume the car can be configured without center lock wheels.

Bluehinder 09-15-2013 10:36 AM

I see no harm with them advertising a slot, it benefits all interested in the car. Keep it up.

ajag 09-15-2013 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by tar6day (Post 10762170)
I've been on the Porsche Configuration Website and there are two options for "5 Lug Wheels" for the TTS. I assume the car can be configured without center lock wheels.

It can, but you don't save any money, so you're essentially still paying for the CLs on the TTS.

With regards to dealers posting allocations, I really appreciate it for the lower volume cars. Even if I decide not to buy from them, at least it's helpful in negotiating with your local dealer(s).

FastLaneTurbo 09-15-2013 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by tar6day (Post 10762170)

Yes, but their is no price reduction when you opt for the 5 Lug wheel option whenbuying the Turbo S while the CL wheels are an additional $3,835 on the non-S Turbo. Similarly, the PCCB Brakes add $9,210 to the Turbo. These two undesired (to me) included options on the Turbo S total $13,045. if I could eliminate both of them, with their price deducted, The Turbo S price would fall from $182,050 to $169,005. IMHO, I believe the increase in Turbo unit sales
would more than make-up for the loss of option revenue. If those options were deducted, and the price remained unchanged (as it is now), my additional loss of future resale value added to what is already a rapidly depreciating asset would kill the sale for me. :mad:

Rennteam 09-16-2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by ajag (Post 10759613)
Rennteam, the delays for the GT3 are not going to affect the TT, right?

My car has been recently (a couple of days ago) delayed from Sept. 26th to Sept. 27th. (this is the day production is completed). This is only one day, so I don't think that the Turbo/Turbo S production has any issues. I expect to get it on Oct. 5th or 7th. , depending on how the dealer will "handle" the Oct. 5th embargo.

Sonnen Porsche 09-16-2013 01:29 PM

We have not seen any delay in 991 Turbo production and in fact my first two "Launch" edition 991 Turbo S models will be arriving in 4 weeks! We have a black/ black car and a black/ black-red model available if you want to get one before the ordered cars and are happy with the configuration. Pm or email me if you want the build sheets guys. :typing:

SCA11 09-19-2013 08:13 PM

Turbo now on order due to posting on this thread

First post here - I was actually getting a little discouraged by lack of Turbo allocations at another dealer I had been talking to for several weeks. Nothing, nada. Then Presto! I see Brett's post while scanning through Rennlist, and I took his allocation. I for one appreciated that he posted on this thread.

Build is below- any/all comments or suggestions are welcome. Although if I make any other changes I fear Brett may jump off the Golden Gate Bridge at this point! Rennlist forum has been invaluable in figuring out what I want on this car. Target delivery late Jan/Feb.

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Leather Interior in Black
Seat Stitching in Deviating Thread (Front and Rear)
Dashboard Stitching in Deviating Thread
Upper door trim stitching in deviating thread
Rear side panel stitching in deviating thread
Door center panel stitching in deviating thread
Armrest stitching in deviating thread
Door handle stitching in deviating thread
Seat Heating (Front)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Cntrl
SportDesign side mirrors
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
LED headlights incl. PDLS Plus
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Telephone module
Cordless receiver for telephone
Voice Control
Stitching in deviating thread for option XHS
Stitching in deviating thread for option XNS
Model Designation "911"
Sport Chrono Clock Dial in White
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Wheels Painted in Black (High-Gloss)
Instrument Dials in White
Rear center tunnel in leather
20-inch Sport Classic Wheel
Fuel filler cap with Aluminium Look finish

GreenLantern 09-19-2013 08:24 PM

Sounds like an awesome spec! Welcome. :D

And +1 to Brett.

FastLaneTurbo 09-19-2013 11:31 PM

Nice Build!!! A great combination of Max performance with Convenience and unique Design goodies. Congratulations!!!
Make sure Brett delays his jump at least until you get your car by offering to drive him to the Golden Gate Bridge with an E-Ticket Ride in your new Turbo.

SCA11 09-20-2013 01:02 AM

Thanks guys. I am feeling pretty good about the build. At one point I was also considering going for one of the PTS light grey colors (Fashion or Light Oxford) but was worried that you really can't tell for sure how it will look unless you have seen a PTS color on a car in person. Couldn't even find a picture of Light Oxford! I do like the dark blue metallic though.

ajag 09-20-2013 10:24 AM

Great build, only thing I'd question is how good the gloss black wheels would look on DBM, but that's a personal preference thing.

Sonnen Porsche 09-20-2013 02:38 PM

It has been fun building this car for you Steve. I will email you the "final"spec later today mate. :thumbup:

SCA11 09-20-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by ajag (Post 10774190)
Great build, only thing I'd question is how good the gloss black wheels would look on DBM, but that's a personal preference thing.

That is a good question. I think it will either look pretty good or really great. It will for sure be a bit different, so there is always a bit of risk in that. But the wheels themselves are flippin gorgeous so I am guessing I can't go too wrong. The other thing I thought about is that those wheels really expose the brake calipers and rotors a lot more, and those look great and are fairly bright, so should be a good look. We'll see!

Rennteam 09-21-2013 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by SCA11 (Post 10773147)
First post here - I was actually getting a little discouraged by lack of Turbo allocations at another dealer I had been talking to for several weeks. Nothing, nada. Then Presto! I see Brett's post while scanning through Rennlist, and I took his allocation. I for one appreciated that he posted on this thread.

Build is below- any/all comments or suggestions are welcome. Although if I make any other changes I fear Brett may jump off the Golden Gate Bridge at this point! Rennlist forum has been invaluable in figuring out what I want on this car. Target delivery late Jan/Feb.

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Seat Heating (Front)
SportDesign side mirrors
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Porsche Entry & Drive
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Telephone module
Voice Control
Model Designation "911"

Everything looks nice and great but may I ask a stupid question? You added LED lights, Sport Chrono and PDCC to your package. Why not go for the Turbo S?
If you think that the Turbo and Turbo S are the same, minus the 40 horses, think again. The Turbo S has a different sound symposer programming (sounds "louder" in the upper rev range) and a higher rev limit (7200 vs. 7000 rpm) which may not sound much but it really makes a difference (shifting). Just saying...

So why the Turbo? Just curious.

SCA11 09-21-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rennteam (Post 10776208)
Everything looks nice and great but may I ask a stupid question? You added LED lights, Sport Chrono and PDCC to your package. Why not go for the Turbo S?
If you think that the Turbo and Turbo S are the same, minus the 40 horses, think again. The Turbo S has a different sound symposer programming (sounds "louder" in the upper rev range) and a higher rev limit (7200 vs. 7000 rpm) which may not sound much but it really makes a difference (shifting). Just saying...

So why the Turbo? Just curious.

Very reasonable question. With the options I want, a Turbo S is over $195k versus my build at about $175k, where I had kind of drawn the line in terms of new car spend. I wasn't particularly interested in ceramic brakes, which is a good chunk of the difference. The advantages > 7000 are a good point but realistically 98% of the time I won't be in that rev range anyway so won't notice. I expect at this performance level that I won't notice anything is "missing" vs what an S would be like. But who knows, maybe down the road I'll wish I had the S but I am guessing not. I didn't know about the sound difference though so appreciate that added info.

Rennteam 09-21-2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by SCA11 (Post 10776786)
Very reasonable question. With the options I want, a Turbo S is over $195k versus my build at about $175k, where I had kind of drawn the line in terms of new car spend. I wasn't particularly interested in ceramic brakes, which is a good chunk of the difference. The advantages > 7000 are a good point but realistically 98% of the time I won't be in that rev range anyway so won't notice. I expect at this performance level that I won't notice anything is "missing" vs what an S would be like. But who knows, maybe down the road I'll wish I had the S but I am guessing not. I didn't know about the sound difference though so appreciate that added info.

Never did a calculation with US options but with German options in EUR, the price difference between the 991 Turbo and Turbo S is about 4k EUR if you choose the same options on the Turbo. If you add the PCCB, the price difference is about 12k EUR. For me, 12k difference is worth it going for the Turbo S instead, just saying.

I get it though, you wanted to draw a (cost) line and you did.
Agreed, the 40 additional horses may not make such an impact in the below 100 mph speed range (if any) but this isn't about the power only.

Please don't misunderstand me: I am not trying to convince you, you made your choice, I was just wondering. :bigbye:

SCA11 09-21-2013 09:31 PM

If it was only a $4,000 difference I would definitely have gone with the S. $20k tipped me over. Either way can't wait!

Sonnen Porsche 09-25-2013 07:24 PM

Got another Turbo allocation if anyone needs a car for late January delivery? Please email me if you guys need one. :biggulp:

superyota 09-28-2013 08:21 AM

There are lots cars available, that may change quickly once they hit the road.

Rennteam 09-29-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by superyota (Post 10791421)
There are lots cars available, that may change quickly once they hit the road.

Well...people usually choose the Turbo S, so yes, the Turbo should be easier available, also because it comes later than the Turbo S. ;)

Love_Tacos_911 10-23-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by SCA11 (Post 10773147)

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Seat Heating (Front)
SportDesign side mirrors
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Porsche Entry & Drive
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Telephone module
Voice Control
Model Designation "911"

Nice! Cannot wait to see the pics and hear a review.

mikegee 10-24-2013 09:54 AM

Nice spec on the Turbo. i have one coming in late jan2014. I can't/have to wait! It'll be my 11th Porsche and 2nd Turbo.

about the advertising...I have been lucky enough to own many , many sports cars in my 67 years. I have bought them all over the US and one in Mexico. I appreciate any and all advertisements by any dealers concerning automobiles for sale.

My local dealer has NEVER called me and said, "hey Mike, check it out" I have basically found someone who knows what I like and how often I buy and he alerts me to deals here and there. I also am constantly looking for deals. I for one appreciate Brett for keeping open deals listed. This is helpful and IMO, completely professional

Tacet-Conundrum 10-24-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime (Post 10745711)
I've heard of a few examples of this situation. Is anyone else mildly surprised that launch cars and 'extra' slots are available? I would have thought, especially in Cali, that there would be plenty of takers.

Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?

One this is for sure The Turbo is Far, Far more COMFY in the relaxment Department compared to the GT3 but shifting- though that the only shifting option is for both models are PDK that doesn't matter much. Oh and levels of power with the Turbo compare the N.A. are not there either.

But, VERY BIG BUTT :) you not going to get the HOOT and the FUN in comparison on a Driving day event in a Turbo and too many, including me, that is the price I would easily pay for the difference. That is the difference in paying for the GT3 and not the Turbo.

Would love to have both cars some day. I'm leaning toward the 991 Turbo and probably the 996 GT3 and have it outfitted at Sharky's and then take it to RSS so I can shake her down to a suitable level for good ole track day fun. As most of us know that the earlier itterations of the GT3 had less Nannies