Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

991 Turbo Allocation Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Local client took my 991 Turbo slot, but we can sell to any region in the country... Thanks guys!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:16 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brett, any comments regarding my post?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

As far as my allocations being affected selling outside our area that is not true. Posting up information on allocations and availability in the appropriate car forum made more sense to me as how many people are in the Market Place forum looking for a new car to order? That is my take on it and of course I understand that this forum should not be spammed for business in these forums. I did post up a beautiful British Racing Green Boxster in the Market Place section which seemed appropriate for an in stock car. Hopefully some of my posts on here are informative and helpful for guys looking to place orders and have questions on availability and delays on options as well as news on upcoming products.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sanantone
Brett, any comments regarding my post?
I have one. Sonnen is a platinum sponsor and pays for the privilege of posting we are hardly being "spammed"

You are not even a member

Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

I believe their is great value to Porsche Dealers, and for that matter Porsche Executives, Technicians and Marketing executives being involved in our forums. It is only through this interchange that the opinions of
Porsche owners can be brought to the attention of those who could actually influence future models, pricing, delivery times, options and specifications. I am grateful that any dealer staff takes the time and effort to read, evaluate and respond to our often conflicting rants and often unwarranted criticism. For owners this forum is an enjoyable and information-sharing passion. For Porsche employees it is an extension of working hours often coming at a sacrifice in time otherwise spent with family and friends,
for which I am most grateful. I look upon the posting of an available unit of a new model with very limited availability for the convenience of our members seeking early delivery as a service to the forum
for which we should be thankful and in no way do I consider this as remote from our own interests.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 AM
911sanantone
Instructor

FastLaneTurbo, I actually agree with your thoughts and viewpoint. My comments focused on the use of the forum to simply sell cars. It was in no way to discourage the exchange of valuable information, knowledge and opinion. Sales people like Brett at Sonnen have provided excellent insight and opinions and this is what these forums are for.

Carcommander, not sure what being a member (or not) or a Platinum member has to do with the discussion at hand....just my humble opinion.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:27 AM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Porsche needs is a Track Turbo version with all the performance options
of the Turbo S but with a firmer "track-tuned" suspension, 5 Lug Wheels and
Steel Brakes ($2,500 vs $25,000 for brake changes) otherwise you give the DD 997 TTS owner little reason to upgrade his ride. And the new "Track Turbo S" should be offered at a commensurate reduction in price equal to the pricing differential between those removed "upgraded" components, making that track version comparable in price to the outgoing 997 TTS.

I've been on the Porsche Configuration Website and there are two options for "5 Lug Wheels" for the TTS. I assume the car can be configured without center lock wheels.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I see no harm with them advertising a slot, it benefits all interested in the car. Keep it up.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:33 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tar6day
I've been on the Porsche Configuration Website and there are two options for "5 Lug Wheels" for the TTS. I assume the car can be configured without center lock wheels.
It can, but you don't save any money, so you're essentially still paying for the CLs on the TTS.

With regards to dealers posting allocations, I really appreciate it for the lower volume cars. Even if I decide not to buy from them, at least it's helpful in negotiating with your local dealer(s).
Old 09-15-2013, 01:20 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tar6day
Yes, but their is no price reduction when you opt for the 5 Lug wheel option whenbuying the Turbo S while the CL wheels are an additional $3,835 on the non-S Turbo. Similarly, the PCCB Brakes add $9,210 to the Turbo. These two undesired (to me) included options on the Turbo S total $13,045. if I could eliminate both of them, with their price deducted, The Turbo S price would fall from $182,050 to $169,005. IMHO, I believe the increase in Turbo unit sales
would more than make-up for the loss of option revenue. If those options were deducted, and the price remained unchanged (as it is now), my additional loss of future resale value added to what is already a rapidly depreciating asset would kill the sale for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajag
Rennteam, the delays for the GT3 are not going to affect the TT, right?
My car has been recently (a couple of days ago) delayed from Sept. 26th to Sept. 27th. (this is the day production is completed). This is only one day, so I don't think that the Turbo/Turbo S production has any issues. I expect to get it on Oct. 5th or 7th. , depending on how the dealer will "handle" the Oct. 5th embargo.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

We have not seen any delay in 991 Turbo production and in fact my first two "Launch" edition 991 Turbo S models will be arriving in 4 weeks! We have a black/ black car and a black/ black-red model available if you want to get one before the ordered cars and are happy with the configuration. Pm or email me if you want the build sheets guys.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:13 PM
SCA11
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo now on order due to posting on this thread

First post here - I was actually getting a little discouraged by lack of Turbo allocations at another dealer I had been talking to for several weeks. Nothing, nada. Then Presto! I see Brett's post while scanning through Rennlist, and I took his allocation. I for one appreciated that he posted on this thread.

Build is below- any/all comments or suggestions are welcome. Although if I make any other changes I fear Brett may jump off the Golden Gate Bridge at this point! Rennlist forum has been invaluable in figuring out what I want on this car. Target delivery late Jan/Feb.

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Leather Interior in Black
Seat Stitching in Deviating Thread (Front and Rear)
Dashboard Stitching in Deviating Thread
Upper door trim stitching in deviating thread
Rear side panel stitching in deviating thread
Door center panel stitching in deviating thread
Armrest stitching in deviating thread
Door handle stitching in deviating thread
Seat Heating (Front)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Cntrl
SportDesign side mirrors
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
LED headlights incl. PDLS Plus
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Telephone module
Cordless receiver for telephone
Voice Control
Stitching in deviating thread for option XHS
Stitching in deviating thread for option XNS
Model Designation "911"
Sport Chrono Clock Dial in White
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Wheels Painted in Black (High-Gloss)
Instrument Dials in White
Rear center tunnel in leather
20-inch Sport Classic Wheel
Fuel filler cap with Aluminium Look finish
Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like an awesome spec! Welcome.

And +1 to Brett.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Nice Build!!! A great combination of Max performance with Convenience and unique Design goodies. Congratulations!!!
Make sure Brett delays his jump at least until you get your car by offering to drive him to the Golden Gate Bridge with an E-Ticket Ride in your new Turbo.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo Allocation Available