991 Turbo Allocation Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 991 Turbo Allocation Available

Hello Guys,

I just had an additional allocation for a 991 Turbo added to our pool. This is a late November build for delivery in late Jan/Feb. Please email me if anyone is interested? Thanks guys!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 gt3 alloc/

Wow.. thats this Nov.. Cool. any info on the GT3 alloc. e.g. I hadn't heard anything.. I know it's probably no-go for this year, but any ideas on Dec,Jan - March delivery for 2014?? Never had a Porsche so don't know how this works. .e.g do you have to buy some Porsche's from the dealer before they take you serious..
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

GT3 allocation is currently very tight...we have a lot of orders for that car. I have one inquiry on the 991 Turbo slot and I still have one Turbo S slot available to configure and 2 Launch 991 Turbo S cars available to purchase as well:

991 Turbo S Launch Cars:
Black/Black: $191K
Black/Black-Red: $200K

Please email me if you are interested and want the specs on these launch vehicles or more information on the configurable cars. The launch Turbo S cars will be here the first week of November.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:23 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Brett, do you know if adding the rear camera option to a TT order will delay it at all? I see there are two options for the TT on the configurator, sensors or sensors+camera, with only sensors+camera on the TT-S.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

I've heard of a few examples of this situation. Is anyone else mildly surprised that launch cars and 'extra' slots are available? I would have thought, especially in Cali, that there would be plenty of takers.

Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:43 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Possibly...but it seems like GT3 allocations are harder to come by than Turbo and Turbo S.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:44 PM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?"

Yeah but can you drive a GT3 in 4 inches of snow or on an icy road? GT3 is an awesome car....but I for one like to enjoy my cars all year.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tar6day
"Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?"

Yeah but can you drive a GT3 in 4 inches of snow or on an icy road? GT3 is an awesome car....but I for one like to enjoy my cars all year.
Not really an issue in San Francisco is it? It isn't along the Gulf Coast, either.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

We currently have way more slots for 991 Turbo S models then GT3's and more than we were expecting as we have 4 times the Turbo S versus regular Turbo slots... The rear camera will delay your build to after 11/3 and my two early 991 Turbo S customers decided to not tick the box because they did not want a delay....
Old 09-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

Brett - I am curious as to why Sonnen is offering their/ your allotment outside of your dealership's core clientele. Is it that the car is having less take-up than anticipated and you have to reach outside of your home territory? I sort of get that in 8 or 10 months from now when the low baring fruit has been picked - but how can Porsche set their allotments if their dealers are advertising on the internet to sell/ ship cars anywhere before they even come to market? I had understood all these cars had to have names attached to them before building them given the demand.

Curious only - but some dealers must be - ummm unhappy no?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

We are allocated slots for cars based on previous sales and market share only, and not based on names and actual orders unfortunately. I always like to have these big ticket items pre-sold as they are difficult to sell with as many options as we have when I configure them for inventory.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 991 Turbo/Turbo S currently have a couple of "marketing" issues in my opinion, this is why demand may be still limited:

1. Most people haven't seen the car(s) live yet (and I can assure you that most of them will be stunned when they will see the car on the road for the very first time). I ordered my 991 Turbo S back in May but always had a feeling that I've may not made the right decision. Until I saw and experienced the 991 Turbo S live and fell in love with it. No more doubts.

2. Especially the Turbo S is a very expensive car (vs. previous Turbo S models) and some may not understand what they are paying for. They will once the car hits the dealers/streets.

3. Car magazines haven't posted REAL reviews (with track tests, performance numbers, etc.) yet. There are a couple of reports after the press event(s) but nothing really to write home about. Customers want to see real life numbers, so there is some sort of hesitation with ordering the car(s) before these performance numbers start coming in.

4. For a high performance car like the Turbo/Turbo S, the deliveries starting in October (Germany, Europe) and November (US and other countries) is quite LATE in my opinion. Not every customer lives in Florida or California, the weather gets worse in autumn and winter will be close too. Some customers actually prefer to wait until next spring, so there is no rush to order a car now, especially since dealers seem to have production slots available.

I honestly think that demand will pick up as soon as the first cars hit the streets and as soon as the first real reviews flow in.

Those who have ordered one, should be happy. This is an amazing car, mark my words. I am getting mine on Oct. 5th or 7th (there is a delivery embargo...) over here in Germany and I just can't wait. Since I already experienced the car LIVE, I can tell you guys that you made the right decision. I wasn't sure myself (my thoughts were still circling around the new GT3) but after seeing the 991 Turbo S for the first time LIVE end of July, I was stunned.

Now 3 weeks more to go for me until delivery.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Rennteam, the delays for the GT3 are not going to affect the TT, right?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:26 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennteam
The 991 Turbo/Turbo S currently have a couple of "marketing" issues in my opinion, this is why demand may be still limited:

1. Most people haven't seen the car(s) live yet (and I can assure you that most of them will be stunned when they will see the car on the road for the very first time). I ordered my 991 Turbo S back in May but always had a feeling that I've may not made the right decision. Until I saw and experienced the 991 Turbo S live and fell in love with it. No more doubts.

2. Especially the Turbo S is a very expensive car (vs. previous Turbo S models) and some may not understand what they are paying for. They will once the car hits the dealers/streets.

3. Car magazines haven't posted REAL reviews (with track tests, performance numbers, etc.) yet. There are a couple of reports after the press event(s) but nothing really to write home about. Customers want to see real life numbers, so there is some sort of hesitation with ordering the car(s) before these performance numbers start coming in.

4. For a high performance car like the Turbo/Turbo S, the deliveries starting in October (Germany, Europe) and November (US and other countries) is quite LATE in my opinion. Not every customer lives in Florida or California, the weather gets worse in autumn and winter will be close too. Some customers actually prefer to wait until next spring, so there is no rush to order a car now, especially since dealers seem to have production slots available.

I honestly think that demand will pick up as soon as the first cars hit the streets and as soon as the first real reviews flow in.

Those who have ordered one, should be happy. This is an amazing car, mark my words. I am getting mine on Oct. 5th or 7th (there is a delivery embargo...) over here in Germany and I just can't wait. Since I already experienced the car LIVE, I can tell you guys that you made the right decision. I wasn't sure myself (my thoughts were still circling around the new GT3) but after seeing the 991 Turbo S for the first time LIVE end of July, I was stunned.

Now 3 weeks more to go for me until delivery.
No doubt everything you say is true, and the new Turbos will be the best yet,
but the performance is WAY beyond anything that can be experienced on U.S. roads with 55-70 MPH maximum speeds. Virtually every previous Turbo
from 1976 on is already huge overkill on American roads. I love Turbos and have driven and raced them since buying my first 1979 930 Turbo. What has stopped me from buying a 997 TTS is brakes and wheels.

Many past Turbo owners, myself included, track our Turbos, and the prospect of $25,000 PCCB Brake jobs and the special techniques and tools required to change Tires for track use with Centerlock wheels (which very few mechanics will be capable of) stand as a greater impediment to buying than the price increase IMHO. Many buyers will not settle for the lower HP "Turbo" which offers a choice of Steel brakes and 5 lug wheels.

What Porsche needs is a Track Turbo version with all the performance options
of the Turbo S but with a firmer "track-tuned" suspension, 5 Lug Wheels and
Steel Brakes ($2,500 vs $25,000 for brake changes) otherwise you give the DD 997 TTS owner little reason to upgrade his ride. And the new "Track Turbo S" should be offered at a commensurate reduction in price equal to the pricing differential between those removed "upgraded" components, making that track version comparable in price to the outgoing 997 TTS.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the risk of appearing less than PC, IMHO I would prefer that dealers and forum sponsors like Sonnen NOT post threads about their allocations. The forums and threads should not be turned into a Classified section but should remain focused on the delivery of information and opinions about the cars themselves. I am interested in what any knowledgeable individual has to say regarding a topic/thread including sales people. We have a "Marketplace" section for pure sales information.
On a related note, my dealer informed me that out of market sales ( including internet) by dealers are looked at very negatively by Porsche and actually diminish future allocation. No, this was not a ploy by my dealer to keep me buying from him. My sale was completed long before this conversation and my cost was very competitive.
I apologize in advance for any controversy this may create but just my humble 2 cents.
Onward....

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo Allocation Available