Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Launch customer who is not pleased...

Old 09-21-2013, 07:47 PM
carcommander
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennteam View Post
Patching/plugging a tire is OK for emergency situations but you need to keep the speed down (50 mph max. speed is recommended) to be safe and I wouldn't go for longer distances with that tire. This should be fast enough to get you anywhere close to a Porsche dealer or high quality tire shop.
I have patched and plugged many tires myself. I have seen them last the life of the tire. As I stated above I would replace the tire ASAP. A plug can be installed in about 5 minutes.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:44 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

I also carry a plug kit in my Porsches, and a collapsible spare if available - also tools, jack and compressor.
(Yes, I am paranoid - but have had many flat tires caused by both road and track hazards plus vandalism) Plug kit works with nails, vandals tacks and small punctures. But useless if tire is Cut.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:09 AM
carcommander
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, if the tire is cut you are on a tow truck. I factor in the lack of spare in which of my vehicles I take out of town. I bet 50 percent of drivers can't change a tire even if they have a spare.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Launch customer who is not pleased...

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: