Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Opinions and Preferences Welcomed (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/774433-opinions-and-preferences-welcomed.html)

hsummy 09-02-2013 02:21 PM

Opinions and Preferences Welcomed

Curious about your response to the following questions;

1.) What leather interior options do you value the most on the 991 TTS Configurator?

2.) What does the glass sunroof interior visor screen look like and how much does it keep the sun out of the interior?

3.) Do you value the Burmester audio package?

red route 1 09-03-2013 10:39 PM

I prefer full natural leather, the way it looks, feels and smells, but it only comes in 2 colors (red, espresso) unless you count cognac which is only available in 2-tone with espresso.

I thought the glass roof would be stupid but now that i have one, i like it. the visor is not a solid piece so you get bleed thru but it's fine, even in houston.

I had burmester on one car and it's definitely better than bose. but i don't use my car as a daily driver so it doesn't matter to me. I want to hear the engine more than music.

mikegee 09-04-2013 11:23 AM

1.1. Natural leather

2. I don't like sunscreens, sunroofs, moon roofs on any sport car...I have been forced into some. Never opened them. Hated them.

3. I have spent thousands of dollars on great sound systems. The car's own sound exceeded them all, and i just listened to music when I was bored..which is seldom when driving

hsummy 09-04-2013 12:13 PM

So far these opinions are aligned with my preferences as well. My dealer told me that I should order the 991 TTS with the sunroof for resale.

On the leather what specific options do you value, rear leather upgrade, instrument surround wrapped in leather, door panels in leather, etc..?

carcommander 09-04-2013 12:18 PM

I think you have to have the sunroof for resale. Most peoples dream cars have a sunroof in them. I almost never open mine but I am getting it on my turbo.

I think the S comes standard with sport chrono but thats a must have too.

The leather options are nice but all nothing to resale.

Burmiester stereo is nice but I think truly high end stereo is a waste in a car. It adds nothing to resale.

I would trick it out like you want but on an S I don't think anything other than a sunroof is must have.

darth g-f 09-04-2013 12:42 PM

If resale is considered, don't go for weird interior color. I turned many cars in the past because of that. That special leather might be cool today, but it might be a big no in a couple years. The blue leather on 996tt comes to mind...

Sunroof are a waste of money, adds weight and are noisy. I understand people want them, but they are so useless (for me anyway). It would never influence my purchase, against though. When you don't want it, you just don't use it. Those who want it, want it bad. So I agree it could help with resale.

Radio, that is completely useless. in a few years when the new MP632bluecrow8 will be out, that radio will be outdated anyway. Crazy music fans will replace it anyway. Unless you really want it, there's no need to get the radio for resale imho.

red route 1 09-06-2013 08:19 AM

Regarding the leather options, I like to get the center tunnel stitching and the 18-way sport seat backs covered in leather, crests on the headrests and model logo on the arm rest. I like the deviating stitching but in some combinations. All of this is just personal taste and I'm sure a total loss on resale, but with a $180K base price a few items like this are worth it to me.

hsummy 09-06-2013 08:47 AM

It sounds like universal agreement around the sunroof, no one wants it, but we all think we need to have it for resale.

ajag 09-07-2013 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by hsummy (Post 10739618)
It sounds like universal agreement around the sunroof, no one wants it, but we all think we need to have it for resale.

Fully agree. Other things that you should strongly consider for both resale and usability (that should be standard on an S IMHO):
Entry and Drive
Park Assist (w/ camera now)
Seat Ventilation