Sponsored by: Road Spy

991 Turbo Microsite

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
The porsche buyer already knows who they are now. They know if they are a turbo guy or a gt3 guy etc. No need to space the models out anymore.
I disagree - with pricing up on both, and PDK on both, there is overlap now that wasn't there previously. Personally, if I am going to be stuck with PDK, it is going to be a daily driver for me. And if so, I imagine the Turbo will be a better car for that role. And I think the Turbo is better looking. To me, it epitomizes the 991 line, and therefore what the 911 now is.

On a side note, how pissed off are 911 Kool-Aid drinkers going to be when the top models are artificially limited, as the Boxster/Cayman are now, to give room on the spec sheet to the 918 and 960?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:16 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this serves the purpose just fine. The proposition of a turbo was always a more comfortable car, but very capable still, which this one will be. With this kind of appeal, makes the Turbo a lot more attractive package than the GT3 in my point of view, as both have a cruiser appeal.
My vote goes to the Turbo. Price tag is not that much more from they used to be in 2010 so I don't see the craziness around here.

Porsche shifted in a direction that I don't personally like and doesn't attract most of us around here, but this is a fact and is here to stay.
Hopefully we will see more track day cars around like the new corvette and other cars, but before we jump to the conclusion that a 4000lbs chevy is the car to have, we have to make sure they are released and actually work to begin with...
Only Sebring will tell
Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
That makes sense, but wasn't part of their strategy before to sell to the same people over and over again? How many people here have bought a 997.1 GT3 to then buy a .1 RS and then one or two .2 RS's etc. Or how many people bought a Turbo until the GT3 came out, or switched the other direction?

It seems like flooding the market with everything at once takes away from the awe and excitement of the newer faster version. Sounds like it will kill the sales of the base Turbo to me with dealers trying to upsell most people on the S.

Unless they plan on coming out with a 991.1, 991.2 and 991.3 seems like they are rushing.
Their Strategy before was indeed exciting. Stuff would come out of nowhere and owners would sell one to buy another of the Latest greatest. Like Christmas!
But now customers can actually buy any model they want today without any "upgrade" models coming later on (save for a GT2 and RS). Every model is on the floor. No Christmas surprises!

I can only assume the germans are marketing these things based on what they learned with the 997 program or the VW guys got involved and are going to make a mess of it....

It is going to be interesting to see what the sales figures are this time next year.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

learned from the Jettas, and Golf sales .... same thing now. I want to go back to the day Porsche OWNED big part of StupidWagen ! The name says it all. VOLKSWAGEN ..... VOLKS don't own Porsche..... different crowd different approach.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo Microsite